Swirl paint jobs. - .... - Page 3 - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 06:09 PM

Looks like we have a winner for the longest running thread. Four years and still going strong!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 09:57 AM

Re: Swirl paint jobs. - ....

why does there have to be an assumption that just because something is old, its no good !
cover that swirl guitar with a cardboard box and it'll still play great.

fashion changes, style remains.
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stone
Looks like we have a winner for the longest running thread. Four years and still going strong!
Add to more years to that you can .

Regards

André

post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 02:00 AM

I've got a UV77MC (an ATD one, confirmed by neck pocket stamp), and I love the looks of it! As others have noted, each one is one-of-a-kind and there are only 1038 +/- of them, making them even more rare. I'm glad Ibanez gave 'em a clear pickguard. Some of the MKRs are pretty good-looking, too-just depends on the swirl of the particular one.
I'm so tired of basic black. I have a UV777BK, too and I wish they'd made it almost any color other than black.
(And I love the 80's-guitars, hair, shred, etc.
YMMV.
David
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 05:44 PM

my first universe was the black and green model. i loved the simplicity of it, but would really like to find a nice deal on a ATD swirl. there's something about them that's just so cool, even today.
oh, and my all time favorite universe is the white one; go figure. it's so damn classy.
i never did get into the pink Jems though, and thank god; i see them for sale now and they're all faded out and look terrible.

i would like to pick up either the black jem with the vines, or the black jem with the pyramids. those are both classy guitars as well.
now that i'm really thinking about it; i would love to score one of the rootbeer jems, but with pink covers that haven't faded and gotten all nasty looking. there's something about that guitar that reminds me of a nice Anderson or Suhr

in the end (and this will be my last consecutive post, i promise), i guess i like to look at the swirls but have no real desire to own one. i like the solid colors and the rootbeer.

although, if i came across the PAW multi-color seven string with the melted pickups, then it would be all over for me.

Last edited by elcid; 03-30-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: condensed.
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 06:49 PM

Big hurry to reach those 20 posts, huh?
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 08:41 PM

i got my first UV in 2000, but a uv777bk

i took me almost a decade later finally give in and get a UVMC.
i had to have one ever since i was introduce to it by that 7th heaven video that came with the guitar.

i got a mkr a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. it's like a total timewarp.
it was a lot of money but total worth it. the colors are a amazing!
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 07:02 AM

And I thought people started to lose interest in swirls by now
Somebody must remember to pull this one up again next year so we can celebrate it's 10th birthday. Maybe Ibanez will issue a new swirl model in honor of this thread by then
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarelaxe View Post
Maybe Ibanez will issue a new swirl model in honor of this thread by then
if only....

Pigs could fly by then too.
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 09:25 AM

Reviews: 2

would that flying pig be swirled???? ;-)
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 05:34 AM

I was absolut astonished when I see the first swirl paint job. I guess it's the same with a Paisley design. It's timeless. Due to the colors even a swirl can be a serious design. If you use only two or three colors the guitar still looks "grown up". I think the unique design is still the main argument for a swirl. You will only know up to a certain point what you will get when you dip that body into the water.

Regards,
VVolverine
post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 06:53 AM

Reviews: 25

As far as I am concerned if you actualy care what others think,then you never get to enjoy what your heart truely enjoys, because you just cant please everybody and you then end up living a life for others instead of yourself..

If you like something, why do you have to hide it ?
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:10 AM

hello everyone, does anyone now if ATD still does custom swirls?
The link to their website seems to be broken, and I would consider having his swirl art work done on an universe body..
post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarelaxe View Post
And I thought people started to lose interest in swirls by now
Somebody must remember to pull this one up again next year so we can celebrate it's 10th birthday. Maybe Ibanez will issue a new swirl model in honor of this thread by then
See, I told you we will get an anniversary swirl for this threads 10th year and we got the UVMC-RE.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 03:01 AM

Wink Re: Swirl paint jobs. - ....

I agree with all parties and am partial,it really depends on what you like out of the four universe models i have, really dig my two loch ness green 7 & 6 string Jem. My black one is plain and simple and very conforming to any style of gig which i use for,my white angel just stands out as it is there in your face and looks fat but not as much much as my swirl(passion &w/fare) now if bulls have t*ts if stix out just like that ,but i really love my green ones as it is just such a corny colour (i know i know your'e thinking eeeuuw thats an even worse colour than what is stated) but i dont know i suppose it's just me..Sorry hope i didnt offend any1,i am just trying to get used to this site,as i wrote a massive spiel about myself yesterday to introduce meself and say g'day but can not find what i wrote anywhere arrrr... I mean i like spent nearly an hour writing it and slipped straight the net....very frustrating...lol...Anyway once again hope i didnt offend,but this is the way i see my side of the swirl i own.......Thanx for reading...Radical.......

Tags
fender strat , ibanez collection , ibanez guitars , loch ness green , music store , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode