What neck for an Ibanez RG570 body? - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

What neck for an Ibanez RG570 body?

Hi there. Before I begin, please let me stress that I am a complete novice at self-assembly when it comes to guitars. I recently bought an RG570 body with a floyd-licenced locking trem from an ESP guitar. I have a couple of DiMarzio humbuckers to go in there and I'm searching for block heeled neck. Will I have to install an Ibanez neck in there, or can I fit a neck from a different manufacturer straight in there? I'd love to fit a Charvel neck since I used to own a Model 2 years ago and it had a stunning neck. I daresay there are some purists out there who would be aghast at reading this but the idea behind this guitar is to marry strong elements from different guitars to produce an interesting hybrid. I have never attempted anything like this before.

I would greatly value any constructive advice on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 06:48 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: What neck for an Ibanez RG570 body?

I THINK you could get away with a Charvel neck as long as its a 24 fret, but I personally wouldn't try it. Everything on an Ibanez is measured in millimeters. Any USA neck might be too tight or too loose. I just don't know for sure. It would definitely be safer to go with an Ibanez neck, there's usually a bunch of them for sale here or on the bay.

I would also post this question in the "Other Ibanez guitars" section. I just got lucky in finding this post........ most folks never look in this section to see what's going on. You'll get more people's help in the other section.

Welcome to Jemsite!!!!
Ryc
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

I'll piggyback on what my stunt double, Ryc, said--go with an Ibanez neck! Now, the old 500 series Ibanez guitars all shared the same neck. What we need to know is what version of the 570 you have. Does it have the square heel neck joint, or the All Acess Neck Joint (AANJ)? There are Ibanez 500 series necks all over the place. Those original Wizard and later, Super Wizard (Bubinga stripe on the back) are awesome necks--super thin and a breeze to play.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Thank you both for your replies - and so quickly too!!

The body is a late 90's 570 with a square-heeled joint.

The licenced Floyd Rose that came with it was apparently off one of those LTD/ESP mid-range superstrats. It looks fine but I haven't set anything up yet. Would I be able to use any locking nuts at the other end if I did buy an Ibanez neck, or do I have to be more specific. Sorry, I'm really green with all this stuff...

Thank you for the warm welcome by the way!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

If it's a late 90s body--it's probably got the AANJ neck joint. Can't remember the exact year they started those, but I think it was around 96-97. Is the joint, on the bottom of the body rounded or square? The end of the pocket will be pretty square on both. Send me a pic:
[email protected]

Tags
charvel , ibanez , rg570 , square heeled neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode