Winter NAMM 2003 Show (Preview) - Page 7 - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
Did anyone notice from the rguser photos the 24 fret double cutaway LesPaul?
Smooth.
Finaly a valid reason do ignore the PRS brand alltogether.
Actually the Les Paul Std DC has been around for years, just not really hyped. It's got a chambered body, ebony board, 24 frets, and the rest of the specs match a Les Paul Std except the price which is around $1300 I believe. I've heard quite a few people say that it sounds more like an ES-335 than a Paul though, because of the chambers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
I agree with Glen here.
Somebody remember this date for future reference

The MM is the only barritone offered in the US. The 1077XL is dead here, but that doesn't mean it won't live on as a 1077 or 2077 offshore.

No idea when the new models will start trickeling in, but parts of Asia have already seen some.
post #93 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 01:45 PM

[quote="Dave Goodland"]
Quote:
keeping the best trem exclusive to JEM (and other sig models) would be idiotic from an Ibanez point of view
Jemsite i am not ibanez and i don't think it is being idiotic.
If you put the best trems on all guitars the fact is it will be an excuse to raise prices on cheaper models and make less differenciation between low grade $400 guitars and $2000 guitars. Also while your puting the best trems on all the guitars why don't you put great pick ups in, and great woods aswell etc.........? Simple Ibanez cater for the 12yr olds (and all ages) who have no money want a rock axe.[quote]

Actually, it WOULD be idiotic. Do you seriously think that by having even MORE tremolo options available, that Ibanez would be able to keep costs down? That's a BIG part of the reason that the Edge & LoPro have always been on the Japanese Signature models AND the standard RG's, S', etc. It keeps costs down. By having a "special" tremolo for the signature models, prices would be even higher than they already are. Twice the machining, twice the materials, twice the overall costs. This would equal BAD business (and Ibanez/Hoshino IS a business.) The whole point is to keep costs of the different models at a minimum, which results in better sales overall.

Besides...what hardware/electronics/asthetics appear on the signature models are 100% up to the artist (i.e. Vai, Satriani, etc.). Ibanez has VERY little say in the matter, as noted in countless other posts on this Forum.
post #94 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 01:46 PM
EKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stone
I don't know if this was covered in other threads, but does anyone know if the Edge Pro can retrofit into existing Lo-Pro guitars? Or, conversely, if I don't like the Edge Pro, can I pop in an old Lo-Pro?
This being a concern of mine...I will look into it ;-)
post #95 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Kolesar
This being a concern of mine...I will look into it ;-)
Much appreciated!
post #96 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Trem section up. I'll probably have to tweak the text but it's a good start. I have to get packed now and get outta Dodge so questions will have to wait, oh, about a 9 hour flight!

http://www.ibanezrules.com/namm/2003/trems.htm
post #97 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 02:43 PM

I think the Lo Pro is still the best LOOKING trem :P Jury is out on best performance.
post #98 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 02:48 PM

check out this 1520!!!
http://www.chicagowebs.com/guitars/n...1/DSCN1520.JPG

and tons of pix.
post #99 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 02:56 PM
EKG

I like the look of the new trems. I will give them a full test tomorrow and ask a bunch of questions.
post #100 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Vendor

Nice crack
post #101 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 03:01 PM
EKG

Thanx Rich......OH!! The guitar!!
post #102 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 03:07 PM

[quote="Rich"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
I agree with Glen here.
Somebody remember this date for future reference
[quote=Rich]noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
The MM is the only barritone offered in the US. The 1077XL is dead here, but that doesn't mean it won't live on as a 1077 or 2077 offshore.
Well, doesn't that just figure.
post #103 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Contributor

Reviews: 1
Getting back to the marketing issue with the trems....

I agree with the guy who says Ibanez should keep the costs down, but look what Epiphone has done with their "Elite" line. I see the lower lines coming up in price (and quality) to the USA Gibsons- the message is getting blurred- Example: an Epiphone LP Custom at a $900. pricepoint? Comon, I can buy a used gibson for that any day of the week. I fear the 333's (won't sell here huh?) are some back-office geek's idea of another avenue of distribution for developing revenue to Ibanez. I just hope we don't see another Fender/CBS, or Jackson type deal happening.
Ibanez has spent years and $ to become a quality name in the industry and I'd hate to see them cheapen their image just to boost their stock price up a few points.
post #104 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 03:19 PM
EKG

The 333's weren't just a brainfart, Steve (Himself) explained the reason behind it ;-)
post #105 of 260 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Just one question: Where's the 1077XL?
It was the first thing I tried to look up on Rich's site.

Man I pray that the rg section of his site is only a PREVIEW

I thought the RG1077XL was going to be renamed to RG2077XL.
Man I sure hope they didnt forget something at Ibanez, I'd die if there won't be any 7 string XL neck in the 2003 lineup. Ive been wanting to put my hands on one for a long time.
No RG1077XL or 2077XL for the US, but that could be different depending on what country you're in.

The only 7's worth mentioning that were in the catalog are the UV, RG1527, and the K7. Then there's the Korean and Chinese guitars.
That's really unfortunate. I have a 7421XL and the long scale is perfect for 7 string. I was hoping we'd see a bunch of XL's, but if we don't, then I wouldn't be surprised if Ibanez got out of the 7 string market entirely, or perhaps cut back to a token presence at best.

Tags
arm holder , base plate , basswood guitar , basswood guitars , beautiful guitar , darren wilson , double cutaway , double edge trem , ebony board , edge pros , edge trem , edge trems , equipped guitar , ernie ball , fixed bridge , fixed bridge model , fixed bridge models , flame maple , floating trems , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , floyd rose trem , guitar shop , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , les paul , local guitar shop , locking stud , locking studs , mahogany body , mike mushok , mounted pickups , music store , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge trems , production model , steve vai , strat style , string tension , trem studs , trs trems , truss rod , truss rod cover , truss rod covers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode