2010 FIFA WORLD CUP - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

2010 FIFA WORLD CUP

So when I'm typing this there are only 2 days to go until the 2010 Football World Cup starts. Any of you guys on here gonna be following this/supporting your country?? Maybe your country didn't make it but you are a football anyway?? Please post anything relating to the World Cup here.

Any Predictions as to who'll win the competition??? I made my £40 bet today and my money's on Spain to win it so GO ESPANA!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 10:59 AM

Re: 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP

Hoping for Italy to repeat, but there so old And Lippi is too damn stuborn to make the right moves, so I made my $50 bet and put it on England as I think there due. I think Holland will make a hard push as well.
post #3 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractionallz View Post
Hoping for Italy to repeat, but there so old And Lippi is too damn stuborn to make the right moves, so I made my $50 bet and put it on England as I think there due. I think Holland will make a hard push as well.
Yeah I think Holland are a good outside/dark horse team. For me it's between Spain and Brazil, others 2 watch would be Argentina, Holland, Portugal, Italy and of course you can never discount any German National side. France have a great squad but unfortunately I think that Domenech is a poor coach.
post #4 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 11:11 AM

post #5 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Lol!!! Only one football fan in the USA!!
post #6 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 12:19 PM

COME ON ENGLAND!!
post #7 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
So when I'm typing this there are only 2 days to go until the 2010 Football World Cup starts. Any of you guys on here gonna be following this/supporting your country?? Maybe your country didn't make it but you are a football anyway?? Please post anything relating to the World Cup here.

Any Predictions as to who'll win the competition??? I made my £40 bet today and my money's on Spain to win it so GO ESPANA!!!!
cash your bet now mate i really fancy spain,but odds of 4/1 is a bit crampled,that said you have 40 sov's on so thats a decent sized bet,good luck with that.im looking at portugal 25/1 and italy 16/1 too big prices and both should be there abouts think ill have a fiver on each of them.england to win ??? id like to see it but its not going to happen lol.im a sunderland fan and derren bent who was 2nd highest goal scorer in prem was left out ???? unbeliveble,cant belive that plank emile heskey got picked instead.
post #8 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob777vdy View Post
cash your bet now mate i really fancy spain,but odds of 4/1 is a bit crampled,that said you have 40 sov's on so thats a decent sized bet,good luck with that.im looking at portugal 25/1 and italy 16/1 too big prices and both should be there abouts think ill have a fiver on each of them.england to win ??? id like to see it but its not going to happen lol.im a sunderland fan and derren bent who was 2nd highest goal scorer in prem was left out ???? unbeliveble,cant belive that plank emile heskey got picked instead.
Yeah man Bent should have been in the squad, he had a great season. I could never see the logic behind choosing Heskey for the international team. Those are good prices on Portugal and Italy, definitely worth a flutter. If Ronaldo has a good tournament Portugal could do well. My last 4 football bets have all come up plus I bet on Spain in Euro 2008 and they came good. The Spanish starting 11 could easily have 5 or 6, maybe more, Barcelona first teamers in it so it's looking good. The Spanish squad is frightening and a midfield that's gonna have Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Alonso among others will do for me.
post #9 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 02:44 PM

Remember that even in 06 Italy wasnt supposed to do well and they suprised everyone, I dont think that will be the case this time as there age and creativity is the major problem. Argentina in my opinion should win hands down but with Maradonna coaching he'll mess it all up and they'll get knocked out. Brazil is brazil but I think leaving Ronnie and Pato out was a mistake. Ronnie led all of Serie A in assists and where as he's not the same player he was 4 years ago neither is Kaka. Should be some fun games to watch. Im looking forward to the start of it all.
post #10 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Banned

tell you what looks like a tempting bet.messi to be top scorer 10/1 thats rather generous
post #11 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

I agree Fractionallz, Italy somehow scraped through that tournament and went on to win it so I wouldn't be totally surprised if one the favourites didn't win it. I think only 7 different countries have ever won the World Cup so it would be nice to see another country added to that list.

Rob777vdy: 10/1 for Messi to be top scorer is def a great price. I might be back at the bookies tomorrow after hearing that. Gotta be worth a punt.
post #12 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 11:18 PM

Reviews: 3

I think they cut the grass shorter this year... I hope I don't have this backwards... southern hemisphere usually has a slower pitch. So someone from the North should take it. Italy? Germany?

Either way, I don't care about their chances, I'm rooting for the US every time until Poland gets a good team back.

I like Ivory Coast as a high reward bet.
post #13 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 07:56 AM

England for another quarter final finish only to be pipped by the winners - Spain. Just too much class in their side to be ignored.
post #14 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski View Post
I think they cut the grass shorter this year... I hope I don't have this backwards... southern hemisphere usually has a slower pitch. So someone from the North should take it. Italy? Germany?
Slower at the coast, maybe. However, it's mid-winter on the highveld, so you have a) maximum 50% humidity (summer rainfall area), b) we're almost a mile in the air, and c) the new ball doen't seem to be meeting with a great deal of approval from (surprise, surprise) goalies. Too light and too round.

Pitches up here tend to be pretty hard and the ball definitely travels much further..... games in Johannesburg and Pretoria may come as a bit of a surprise for European teams.

My major comment on the 2010 Feefa TM World Cup R is that if I ever hear one of these again:

it will be far too soon. Damnable things.

Last edited by DavyH; 06-10-2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Grammatical excess
post #15 of 309 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 04:24 AM
Banned

you guys that like a bet watch out for this.ok lets say france is playing england for instance,take france to be winning half time and england full time and viser versa.this pays around 25/1.if you do this bet every game i bet you not out of pocket at the end of the competition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode