3D Glasses? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
3D Glasses?

So I've been very anti-3D over the past few years, but one of my favorite TV shows, Chuck, is in 3D tomorrow night. I've seen from the Super Bowl commercials that watching 3D without the glasses is far worse than with...

So where do you get 3D glasses? You'd think somebody is giving them away free if major networks are putting huge dollars into shows/movies in 3D...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 11:17 PM

Reviews: 16
Re: 3D Glasses?

I got mine from my local grocery store, but I completely missed all the 3D Super Bowl stuff.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

I did a little more digging and it looks like that is the case around here, thanks for the pointer.

BTW - I am totally boycotting any company I can that advertises during Chuck Monday night. I really hate this 3D craze and want it to die.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 03:02 AM

just curious: what's wrong with 3D?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:02 AM

Well, I got this eye condition, although my eyesight is 20/20, I can't see completely stereo.
So yeah, I hate them
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
just curious: what's wrong with 3D?
Mainly I don't like the fact I paid a good chunk of money for a TV with a great picture just to have the color and contrast ruined by uncomfortable dorky cardboard glasses.

And I get that Chuck is not exactly a serious TV show, but they even managed to make it way gimmicky for the 3D effects.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 12:40 PM

Along the lines of 3D glasses, does anyone know why there are different colored ones ? My wife and the kids got some for the Super Bowl commercials that are red-left and blue-right (or whatever). These were marked as being for the SB, sponsored by Intel, told what time the commercials would be on, etc. They also rented "Journey to the Center of the Earth-3D" that came with (3) pairs of 3D glasses. They were different though, red and green, I think. When I tried to use the red/blue pair, it didn't work "right".

Why ?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 12:52 PM

Reviews: 16

The image that you see during the Super Bowl was coded with a main middle image, the same image shifted in red and again in blue. Those images are different, so in order for your brain to make sense of what's going on the glasses force the eyes to see the main image along with the specific color. This tricks the brain into thinking that it's a 3D image. The brain takes those images and recreates them into a 3D object in your head.

The reason it didn't work for the movie is because one of the images was coded in green, not blue. I've never seen that movie, but red and blue are the normal colors for 3D. They might have used green, but I've never heard of green being used. I'm also not into 3D movies so the technology may have changed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode