Absolutely sick! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Absolutely sick!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=5013503

And the man is now paralyzed from head down...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 04:37 PM

Re: Absolutely sick!

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 04:44 PM

Yeah, that's pretty f#$d up. No one even called 911.
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 05:00 PM

Im not suprised considering the area. I saw something on the news awhile ago about the same thing. People in bad neighborhoods that wont call cops because they dont want to be thought of as "snitches". Seriously, grown adults afraid of being called snitches.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 05:12 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

if "alot of bad stuff" happens in the neighborhood you're desensitized to it. I think some commenting have no clue to what these places are like. You look forward and keep your mouth shut. No excuse for not calling 911 but still not surprising.

Thanks go out to our government for spending trillions overseas (wrecking the own economy in the process) instead of investing it in our our innercities like Hartford CT. Great job... glen
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
Thanks go out to our government for spending trillions overseas (wrecking the own economy in the process) instead of investing it in our our innercities like Hartford CT. Great job... glen

Amen.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Eco

Well Wade, as sick as that is, things like this happen alot more often than anyone would like.

A little while ago on the news on here was a case of a guy who was out playing cricket with his son when a gang of chavs (wannabe gansters for anyone who doesnt know) walked past and started shouting abuse at them. When he tried to get them to leave the old guy, who was about 60ish, had rocks thrown at him and he ended up being killed by this little gang of inbreds.

As beautiful as some parts of the world are, there always has to be balance and the odd scumbag like this is what makes most of us have to look over our shoulder when we're out at night.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 06:35 PM

Investing money in the inner cities probably wouldnt do a lot of good either. Once you get to the point where you'd rather watch a person die than call for help you showed your worth.

My last foreman was telling me they were working on an inner city college and every night they would go to work, the stuff they had done the previous night was ruined. The students would stick pencils in the network jacks and ruin them. Why bother to keep throwing money into a situation like that.

No amount of money can buy people a sense of resposibility, pride or self respect.

Last edited by elcid; 06-06-2008 at 07:07 PM.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 06:48 PM

I think the point is, is that it has been going on for so long that this is the state we are left in. It's a serious priority mismanagement and it's been going on for a very long time. But to see an old man run down and no one help....... it's just...... well its just sad.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Eco

Type of area they should flatten, we shouldnt have to live in the world where they only look after number 1 and screw everyone else.

If i saw that and didnt bring myself to help i'd be so ashamed of myself i wouldnt be able to even think straight, let alone live my daily life.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco View Post
we shouldnt have to live in the world where they only look after number 1 and screw everyone else.

It's what the United States Government does on a daily basis.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredNotDead View Post
It's what the United States Government does on a daily basis.
Here we go......

Just after a quick google....

In terms of traditional foreign aid, the US gave $16.25 billion in 2003, as measured by the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the club of the world's rich industrial nations. That was almost double the aid by the next biggest net spender, Japan ($8.8 billion). Other big donors were France ($7.2 billion) and Germany ($6.8 billion).

Way to say screw everyone else, give away almost double what the next guy does.

Last edited by elcid; 06-06-2008 at 07:14 PM.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Here we go......

Just after a quick google....

In terms of traditional foreign aid, the US gave $16.25 billion in 2003, as measured by the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the club of the world's rich industrial nations. That was almost double the aid by the next biggest net spender, Japan ($8.8 billion). Other big donors were France ($7.2 billion) and Germany ($6.8 billion).

Way to say screw everyone else, give away almost double what the next guy does.
I'm not questioning the US's philanthropy practices, I'm saying that it's disgusting that there are people and communities IN THIS COUNTRY that need that money. So instead of sending care packages to Timbuk 2, those dollars should be focused on this nations citizens first. How can you possibly be expected to be taken seriously as a world leader when a vast majority of your own population lives in, or is close to the poverty level. That's like hiding your retarded child in the attic when company comes over so everyone thinks your the perfect family....... Charity, my friend, begins at home.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:42 PM

Don't like it here move somewhere else. There is a rule about keeping politics outta these forums. Please follow it.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Eco

Probably because, althought that is alot of money, it wouldnt go far in America.

If you give your average American, or Brit £20/$20, they'll go get drunk or go to macdonalds or whatever.

Give that to someone in a 3rd world country and it'll feed them for alot longer than it would for you or I, thats the idea behind it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode