Addictions, quirks and Phobias - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Addictions, quirks and Phobias

Any one got em?

I cannot use a public restroom unless I'm DESPERATE. Not sure why. I have to wear a tank top under my t shirts, no matter how warm it is.

I couldn't watch Aracniphobia when it cam out. Made it abou 20 mins into it. Then had to stop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 11:01 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Addictions, quirks and Phobias

I won't eat fast food, or in general food prepared by someone else. So just about all of the food I eat is manufactured, or prepared by my wife or I...

I want to make sure no one is dropping their c*ck in my food, or spitting in it, dropping it on the floor, placing bugs or rat droppings, blowing their load in it, rubbing their ass all over it, dipping it in the toilet, or any other number of crazy things. So the fewer people who come into contact with my food, I figure the less chance i have of gobbling some dudes load in my mashed potatoes! It's all about the least amount of people touching my food before I get to it

My neighbors bring stuff over (soup and holiday things), and I throw it out, because I trust very few people to handle my food. I won't eat anything my Mother-in-law makes, and I love her greatly, but she's like the old lady in Christmas Vacation cooking with cat food. I guarantee a kid making $5.00 an hour is doing some gnarly sh!t to your McDonald's or Taco Bell...and just because it's funny to do it. You should have seen the crap I was doing when I was working at places as a kid!!! Not pretty...

My wife and I go out to eat like twice a year, and when we do it's to a place we know the owner...
post #3 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Addictions, quirks and Phobias

YIKES. I'm about to get a new phobia.
post #4 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
Any one got em?

I cannot use a public restroom unless I'm DESPERATE. Not sure why.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paruresis

I'll admit, I have a bit of that myself. I can NEVER use those stupid urinals...
post #5 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 11:15 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Addictions, quirks and Phobias

You don't even want to know where I stand on the public restroom thing, That's a whole other drama...
post #6 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 11:31 PM

i am probably the wierdest one here

I like looking at expensive purses.

No, i am not ***, or even the slightest bit metro, but sometimes, i just find it fascinating how women can be so obsessed in them, but it is kinda understandable, because, they are like collectables. There are huge levels of quality, style, price, materials....kinda like guitars i guess. And i think it is cool that just the name alone can be so iconic, so luxurious.....

anyone know what i mean?
post #7 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 03:31 AM

"Tell me about you mother" [Austrian Accent]
post #8 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 06:11 AM

I fear Darins posts
post #9 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 06:15 AM

When Vanilla coke came out here in the 90's i got addicted to that, then stopped drinking coke, then when i started to work out tones i hit the Coke Zero pretty hard but stopped cos i caught a bit of the New Age due to a number of factors...cough a woman...cough!

Probably my strangest quirk (and there are many to choose from) is my need to cover my nose and smell the sleeve of any jersey im wearing when i'm thinking or worried etc... childhood habit that just never went away...

Stupid arguing parents... its all their fault!... least thats my excuse to Dr Phil hahahahaha!

I like the idea of this thread though, its kind of positive discussion.
post #10 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 06:23 AM

Reviews: 21

I have to wear shoes when I play guitar. Not that I don't ever play in socks or bare feet, but I really prefer to have shoes on. Don't know why.
I quit smoking last year after 18 years of doing so. That's a silly habit too. I still miss it on rare occasions, though.
post #11 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 06:39 AM

I can't pee in public toilets if there's anyone else in there.Even if I'm bursting,it's not that I don't want to, I just physically can't.It drives me mad!
post #12 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I have to wear shoes when I play guitar. Not that I don't ever play in socks or bare feet, but I really prefer to have shoes on. Don't know why.
I quit smoking last year after 18 years of doing so. That's a silly habit too. I still miss it on rare occasions, though.
Yeah I always have to have shoes on too. Probably because operating some pedals would be awkward without shoes, but even when I'm not using them, I have to have shoes on.
post #13 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 08:29 AM

I can't play any songs slower than 180bpm on a cold Thursday in June :P

Actually, I can't stand not getting out of bed on the same side I got in, and whenever snakes are mentioned or seen on tv I have to sit with my feet about a foot above the ground :S
post #14 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Banned

By the way, Don't pee while holding your electric guitar. I'm just saying. It's kind of like Ren and Stimpys 'dont wizz on the electric fence.' Like a 9v battery on the tongue, only on the weenie.

I buy DVD's more for the special features than for the movie. LOTR's is special feature nirvana. I am constantly disapointed by any DVD that doesn't even come close. Each of the 3 movies being over 3 hours long with I think 5 different commentaries makes something like 18 hours of entertainment. Plus the over 3 hours of special features. Haven't seen King Kong DVD yet. Hated the movie, but if it's got lots of special features I'll get it. Narnia is great. Cast commentary is the best.
post #15 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 10:04 AM

I don't get the fuss on LOTR, 9 hours of little people fighting a monster, nearly dying, then fighting another monster, nearly dying, then fighting another monster, nearly dying, then fighting another monster, nearly dying.......it's mind numbingly dull.

Made has one of the funniest commentary tracks with Jon Faverau and Vince Vaughn, plus they draw things on the screen to point things out (Ghostbusters has that too).

And before I get accused of hijacking this thread - phobias - mice, can't stand mice. Rats, rats I don't mind, saw enough of them in NY got used to it, but mice, they move fast and are so sneaky, they just dart all over the place, it freaks me out.

Tags
electric guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode