Air Rifle: Scope vs. Scope - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Cool Air Rifle: Scope vs. Scope

Hi guys,

Haven't been around much lately. Sorry about that. Yeah, it's been a while.

Well, I know I can't be the only guitarist with an interest in target shooting so I thought I'd see who could give me some help/advice.

I just purchased a Gamo Big Cat 1200 break barrel pellet rifle for plinking, target shooting and general varmint eradication. I did some research around the interwebs and from what I've seen in reviews, I made a decent choice in weapons as long as a few mods are added. One being a drop in trigger, the GRT-III by CharlieDaTuna, to correct the sloppy psuedo-two stage trigger that the manufacturer refuses to change the design of, and the other being a better scope.

So, I did further research and am now torn between which scope to get. I have narrowed it down to two and I guess I'm looking for suggestions/reviews/comparisons between those who may have more experience in the field than I. From what I've read the problem first off is that the scope must be designed for break barrel pellet rifles in mind as there tends to be two-way recoil generated by this design that tends to damage normal scopes. The Gamo Big Cat 1200 is known for its recoil due to its power and mechanics so both of the scopes I have selected are designed for this kind of punishment.

Here are my choices:

1) Leapers Golden Image 3-9X32 A.O. Range Estimating Mil-Dot Scope: SCP-392AOMDTS - The Bay: 310054560841

2) Tasco Golden Antler 3-9x32mm A.O. Matte Scope: GA3932AGD - The Bay: 310054603325

As I read many reviews of my chosen rifle the name Leapers kept popping up for replacement scopes and the range estimating feature of the one I've chosen above makes me want to lean towards it specifically. Yet the Tasco is ever so slightly cheaper and has had great reviews of its own.

Any advice would be appreciated,

LJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode