ankle surgery = damn this hurts - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

ankle surgery = damn this hurts

i have had issues with my right ankle for 14 months. 4 "doctors" and MRI show i have a torn tendon...peroneal tendon. it started to tear up my leg as well. i don't know how it happened. well i finally had surgery yesterday at 7am. i hate surgery. it was worse than what the doctor thought...the tendon was almost gone and there was a massive amount of scar tissue due to multiple healing attempts. i'm on pain meds and anti-inflamatory. i thought i would be back to work on tuesday....the doctor said, more then likely 3 weeks! SWEET! i don't even remember being put under. one moment i was talking to my wife and the next i was waking up, the nurses saying....everything went well. i stil can't get over how fast and seemless anesthetic is. i had them load me up with anti-nausea stuff since anesthetic and i do NOT get along at all.

dudes, i wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. i can't tell you how hard it is to even think of touching my foot to the floor. i have been in bed for 2 days so far....tv and playstation. my bitch boss is just going to love me for being out so much. my brother suggested i go after a couple of the doctors who put me through physical therapy. they wouldn't do an MRI, they say therapy first! therapy made me worse. wondering if i should go after them. i may consult an attorney.
steve

Last edited by shredmaster; 02-24-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 08:08 PM

Re: ankle surgery = damn this hurts

Ow, that sucks!
Hope you get better soon

Reece
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 08:41 PM

Dude, I can relate, because I majorly messed up my left ankle about 3 years ago, and it was one of the worst pains I have ever gone through.

I had an MRI done, and I was actually surprised at how bad I had messed it up.

Not only did I break some stuff in it, but I had a tendon rip off and ball into a knot about 4 inches above my ankle. You could actually see and feel the knot, and it wasn't very encouraging.

Very, very painful. I know you'll feel better soon.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 12:03 AM

Bad job and bad ankle. Hope things get better soon and you may want to get a new game for the PS.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 07:51 AM

Sucks man, all the best though. Get well quickly.

Regards

André

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 08:52 PM

Sorry to hear that, I hope you get well soon
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 09:36 PM

Sorry to hear this. I hope you get better soon, being in pain is no fun.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys. day 3 and although the pain isn't putting me through the roof, it's still insane. my wife has been taking great care of me, doing everthing for me and even went out to get me a new ps2 game. i have been eyeing the lego star wars II game so she picked that up for me. the day before surgery i picked up a wireless controller and that is one of the best things i ever bought...i really love it. the game is very entertaining. if you don't have it i would recommend picking it up. i have to get to the doctor in a couple hours for him to look over the ankle. i'm going to be surfing for jobs as well. i have already emailed a handful but have not heard anything back yet which is a bummer. i need to change immediately. hope you guys are doing well. can't wait to feel a little better so i can play a little guitar.
steve
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

just got back from doctor who operated on me. he said i'm to do nothing for 4 weeks. that's very cool. plenty of time to look for another job. my boss is going to hate that i won't be there for a month. oh well. got the dressing changed and replaced with a cast-type encasing. the wound was much worse than i thought. at least i will be healed completely in 3-4 months time.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmaster View Post
just got back from doctor who operated on me. he said i'm to do nothing for 4 weeks. that's very cool. plenty of time to look for another job. my boss is going to hate that i won't be there for a month. oh well. got the dressing changed and replaced with a cast-type encasing. the wound was much worse than i thought. at least i will be healed completely in 3-4 months time.
Congrats and good luck with the job hunting. It's a tough world out there. Enjoy the month off work .

Regards

André

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode