Anybody into inverts?? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 10:37 PM

Re: Anybody into inverts??

Wow, you have some VERY big girls there! It's really too bad you can't get any species from outside of Australia, but it does look like you're good to go One of the reasons

I'm so attracted to the B. smithi is that they are so docile and can be handled. I may actually order one a little later, when I've had a few more beers in me

Have you been over to arachnoboards? I'm think you and you lovely Aussie girls (and guys) would be very welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 21

Thanks Jim

Yeah some of those are getting there in size...becomes a challenge when you have to re-house them to bigger accommodation! Although, if well taken care of, they should get up to 250mm !!!!!

The B. smithi is the perfect starter T....the most docile of the them all...unlike aussie species(lets face it, everything in Australia wants to kill you ) Hope you get one, let us know when you do...would love to see pics of the little guy!

Yeah im on the arachnoboards...havent posted any pics or anything...more troll and drool at all the wonderful species you guys can get!!! Probably a good thing they're unavailable to us.....as it is, i have to convert my built in wardrobe into a spider cupboard.....my bookshelf has run out of space for anymore additions!!! So over the next weekend or two, thats my job!! Now if they were available, i would more than likely have to put an extension on the house

Think i might head over to Arachnoboards and show off what we got in Oz!
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV-7-BK View Post
Phlogius Rubiseta male...hes always out strutting his stuff

This is an awesome looking T! Is he arboreal?
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 12:21 AM

I wouldn't sleep a wink with one of those in my house... LOL
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
I've got a fish tank with red bellied piranhas in it, and they don't wander the house at night either

EDIT: OK, I ordered a B. smithi and an A. versicolor Pics later in the week when they arrive

Last edited by jim777; 09-11-2011 at 01:24 AM.
post #21 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 01:37 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Spiders are amazing animals if you think what they're capable of doing but........they're fugly!
A lonnnnnng time ago I had a friend who had a HUGE tarantula in his house, believe me that thing was really bigger than all in those pics, everybody who went to his house had nightmares!

A funny thing is here spider is a nick for pu.ssy/vagina and Jim, piranha is a slang for whore/prostitute, so "do that piranha" and "shave that spider" are funny phrases
post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
This is an awesome looking T! Is he arboreal?
Yeah mate he is!! Heres a few more pics of him...hes one of my favorites!!

Thats awesome you got a few on the way mate! Really looking forward to seeing them!!

post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
I've got a fish tank with red bellied piranhas in it, and they don't wander the house at night either

EDIT: OK, I ordered a B. smithi and an A. versicolor Pics later in the week when they arrive
Wow, ive always wanted piranhas too!!!! Always knew you had good taste Jim
post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
Hahaha thats what my mother in law says too!!! They are building a new house close by within the next few months and she jokes about me moving them into another room so she can stay every so often!!! I tell her the spiders have priority in that room and if she can handle that, shes welcome to stay!! Little does she realise...im being serious!!!
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 03:29 AM
Banned

Seriously if I was a spider (or any animal), I won't like to live inside of a small box
If you really like them at least respect them, give them a better house.
I don't know how people can feel happy having animals locked inside of small boxes, that's sad.
The same with birds, fishes and snakes.
If that box was only for taking a pic, forget what I said.
post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Having them in this environment...a small box as you say....is the safest place for them to be. They have no predators, they are fed a healthy diet, its always clean, the temp and humidity conditions are spot on and they are loved. They might not understand the loved part...but they certainly know when their next meal is coming. Tarantulas in the wild are generally smaller in size because they don't get a chance to survive long enough to get that big. The hobby of spider keeping has given them the most ideal conditions imaginable........i guess its like you being in a house with perfect temp, fridge full of food and plenty to drink...instead of living on the streets and doing what you have to do to survive......doesn't sound all that bad when it put like that does it?

And funnily enough, tarantulas don't like large areas.....they get stressed out more if in a super large tank!!! The golden rule of thumb is you triple their leg span and that is how big their tank should be......they thrive in that size.....mainly because they are territorial and like their own space!!!
post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 03:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Having them in this environment...a small box as you say....is the safest place for them to be.
Would you like to be in jail because it's the safest place to be?
I'd rather die.
I can't disagree to you cause I'm not a vet still it looks sad to me.
Humans can say whatever they want to excuse putting animals in jail still....jail is jail.
Why God, evolution, E.Ts. whatever didn't created them in boxes if it's better?
I prefer animals free, watching them when I go to the wild is a pleasure.
But that's your choice and I'm not a judge and sorry for trolling here but like I said......it really makes me sad.
In the end we all know the only place animals could survive is inside of boxes, zoos, labs etc
Still I'd rather be dead.
post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

These days in jail you get free cable tv, meals, a gym and a toilet!!!! lol

I do get what your saying though dude...i wont argue your feeling towards it. I respect your opinions
post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 04:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
These days in jail you get free cable tv, meals, a gym and a toilet!!!! lol

I thought the same after I wrote it, some live better in jail then free people!

Quote:
I do get what your saying though dude...i wont argue your feeling towards it. I respect your opinions
Perfect.
That's why we're in a forum, to respect each others while exchanging ideas.
This place have some special guys who know the differences between fighting and talking.
Friendship
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

True that about jail...but as soon as i wrote my comment i thought.."theres also a big guy the size of a fridge that wants you to be his play toy"

And true that about the difference between ideas....some people cant comprehend that ideas that other people have, could be better than their own!! I appreciate your input mate, its all good!

Tags
crickets , inverts , tarantulas , terrariums

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode