Anybody into inverts?? - Page 3 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 07:12 AM

Re: Anybody into inverts??

Wow. Cool. I have an uneasy relationship with spiders. Not bothered by the big ones (and I like watching them at the zoo n'junk), not bothered by the little ones (will happily put them outside), but the medium-sized ones give me the ultimate heebie jeebies. Once I got bitten on the hand by a Black House Spider whilst getting frisky with a girl under a tree at the park. I think she thought I was squealing for an entirely different reason to having my hand penetrated by a toothy arachnid. My hand developed a bump about the width of a golf ball that felt kinda hot and weird for a day or so but I was otherwise okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV-7-BK View Post
True that about jail...but as soon as i wrote my comment i thought.."theres also a big guy the size of a fridge that wants you to be his play toy"

And true that about the difference between ideas....some people cant comprehend that ideas that other people have, could be better than their own!! I appreciate your input mate, its all good!
Cool sadly we're too far away so no beers tonight
But that's the spirit
post #33 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie View Post
Wow. Cool. I have an uneasy relationship with spiders. Not bothered by the big ones (and I like watching them at the zoo n'junk), not bothered by the little ones (will happily put them outside), but the medium-sized ones give me the ultimate heebie jeebies. Once I got bitten on the hand by a Black House Spider whilst getting frisky with a girl under a tree at the park. I think she thought I was squealing for an entirely different reason to having my hand penetrated by a toothy arachnid. My hand developed a bump about the width of a golf ball that felt kinda hot and weird for a day or so but I was otherwise okay.
You were lucky, really lucky, generally on encounters the score is at their side
Well we kill billions every year so sometimes the can protect themselves.
post #34 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 10:55 AM

Got the B. smithi and A. versicolor slings, but cannot find the good camera. They are very small, the smithi is so small you couldn't possibly tell what it is. The versicolor looks just like a baby versi though
post #35 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 21

Thats awesome Jim..can wait to see the little guys! Congrats mate
post #36 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 01:59 PM

Well, the smithi died, not sure why. It was super small though, less than half an inch. I'm guessing it was a n open window causing a temperature drop. I've got a bigger (1.25 inch) Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens sling incoming though. I let my daughters pick from a list, and that was the one they decided they liked best, which is cool with me It's tough to get a good pic of an arborreal by yourself, they just keep moving across your hands!
post #37 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 02:44 PM

Reviews: 39

Alas, I cannot keep my favorite one indoors. But she and her offspring return to the same two spots every winter and spring/summer. So I preen them. They are "human friendly", but I dare not handle them anymore, as i've been bitten twice when they got scared and lord it hurts.

Argiope aurantia

Hope you enjoy the pics!
post #38 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 03:15 PM

The trick to keeping them from biting is to get them out of their territory. If you were to capture it, and say let it free on a table or something it would be a lot less defensive.

I love the orb weavers though, always a favorite around the yard
post #39 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 10:20 PM

Crappy pic, but it isn't my fault - both my hands were busy This is my new sling (spider'ling) a Chromatapelma cyanopubescens or GBB- green bottle blue tarantula. These are very different looking as slings than they are as adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
A funny thing is here spider is a nick for pu.ssy/vagina and Jim, piranha is a slang for whore/prostitute, so "do that piranha" and "shave that spider" are funny phrases
How did I miss this Treva? LOL
post #40 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
How did I miss this Treva? LOL
Ageing + too many spider bites = lost of attention
post #41 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Crappy pic, but it isn't my fault - both my hands were busy This is my new sling (spider'ling) a Chromatapelma cyanopubescens or GBB- green bottle blue tarantula. These are very different looking as slings than they are as adults.
Congrats Jim!! Thats soooo awesome!!! Quite the handsome little fella!
post #42 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 04:51 PM

Better pic of the GBB

post #43 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 05:08 PM

Not a great pic of the T, but this is my little A. versicolor. You should be able to make out that it's entirely blue, but I'll get another better pic in the near future. This one is also about 1" long fully stretched out, so it's tiny yet (maybe 6 weeks old, tops).

post #44 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 12:13 PM

Some pictures of my widow. I love spiders, especially the ones that make elaborate webs.

post #45 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 01:19 PM

How long to Black Widows live? I had thought it was a year or two tops?

Tags
crickets , inverts , tarantulas , terrariums

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode