Anybody try the Nike+iPod Running Kit? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Anybody try the Nike+iPod Running Kit?

The wife and I just bought a pair of the Nike+ kits to monitor our running, and I've got to say, this is a VERY cool little gadget. If you haven't seen the commercials for it, go to Nike.com and check it out. It's a two piece kit - one goes in or on your shoe, and the other half plugs into your iPod. While you run, the sensor in your shoe sends info to your iPod, which then keeps track of your pace, time, distance, etc. As you run, a voice comes over your headphones to give you updates on your run progress - things like "One mile completed," or "400 meters to go." You set your run goal for a particular distance, time, or calories burned.

After you finish your run, you plug the iPod into your computer and upload the data to Nike.com. They will maintain a database of all your workouts so you can view your progress from run to run, and see graphs charting each individual workout. It's pretty slick! You can also have groups of runners share goals and actually compete against each other in different challenges online.

The nice thing about the kit is that it only costs $30, and the registration on Nike.com is free. Although Nike wants you to use their special Nike+ shoes which have a special compartment for the sensor, you can use it with any running shoe. You can either tuck the sensor under the laces or secure it with tape, etc. I got a carrier from www.shoepouch.com for mine for $6.

I sound like a commercial, but it really is a neat workout tool, and the workout tracking features are great for monitoring your progress. Plus, the voice coming over your iPod and giving you updates while you run is just awesome. Did I mention that the iPod still plays music while you're doing all this?

Anyway, enough of my sales pitch. Is anyone else out there using one of these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode