Anyone wanna lose weight with me? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Anyone wanna lose weight with me?

I hate that I put on the extra poundage. Watching a bunch of 80's hair band vids last night finially did it. I'm ready to hit the bike and the salads.

I'm probably going for 25lbs. Anyone want to join me? We'll do it together. The support and the challenge will help us if we do it together.

OK, who's up for salads, pushups and lookin trim?

LETS GO!!

Later, Darin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Banned

Re: Anyone wanna lose weight with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
I hate that I put on the extra poundage. Watching a bunch of 80's hair band vids last night finially did it. I'm ready to hit the bike and the salads.

I'm probably going for 25lbs. Anyone want to join me? We'll do it together. The support and the challenge will help us if we do it together.

OK, who's up for salads, pushups and lookin trim?

LETS GO!!

Later, Darin
ok count me in darin.my normal weight is 12 stone.im now 15-7lb need to lose 3 stone.i have a rowing machine but havent got a clue about diets.tell me what to buy food wise.
post #3 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 08:16 AM

I'm in boys. I went for my yearly check up last week. I weighed in at 260 lbs. My bloodwork came back pretty good, and I'm in physically good shape, but my cholesterol is a bit high at 260, so it is salad time. I 'm going to shoot for 35 pounds. 225 would be a good weight for me. I was going to start this Monday. Three more days of stuffing my fat face and its on!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Georgia009.jpg

Last edited by Moibanez; 10-19-2007 at 08:32 AM.
post #4 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 08:19 AM

I just wanted to pop in and commend you on starting this thread, Darin! I think it's a wonderful idea!! Good luck to all of you and I applaud you all for your decisions!!

Moibanez, I don't know how you feel about running, but it is an awesome excercise if you want to lower your cholesterol and also blood pressure. Running increases the amount of plasma in your blood so it becomes more watery and easier for the heart to pump.

Good luck everybody!
post #5 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 08:31 AM

I'm havin a curry tonight
post #6 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 08:32 AM

All kidding aside, I do want to drop 10-15 pounds to get a tad more cut.

I'm in I guess.
post #7 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
All kidding aside, I do want to drop 10-15 pounds to get a tad more cut.

I'm in I guess.
thats my downfall CURRYS mmmm.heres what i order.onion bahjis...special mixed kema pilau rice..vindaloo or phall..keema nan bread and chips (frys).all for £12.it will have to stop.ill start on monday.
post #8 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 08:56 AM

I can't resist the lamb tikka starters with samba sauce and a naan bread. Awesome! (I'll be having that tonight.)

I'm not fat or anything, just conscious of the way I look and the feeling you get from being a tad lighter than normal. It's always great to drop some weight before going on holiday somewhere hot.

There is a fat man bursting to get out of my body, let me tell you, lol. Can't beat a good kebab with a few beers
post #9 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
I can't resist the lamb tikka starters with samba sauce and a naan bread. Awesome! (I'll be having that tonight.)

I'm not fat or anything, just conscious of the way I look and the feeling you get from being a tad lighter than normal. It's always great to drop some weight before going on holiday somewhere hot.

There is a fat man bursting to get out of my body, let me tell you, lol. Can't beat a good kebab with a few beers
hahaha sounds good to me
post #10 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 09:15 AM

Believe it or not, stopping your food intake is actually not the answer to cut some weight. Taking your regular meals do help in your metabolism.Infact eating the right kind of food (not junk food) helps to increase your metabolic rate.
What you need is a regular exercise regime to keep you back in shape. Do jogging, brisk walking and swimming. They are good exercises.

Most importantly, dont take a nap after a heavy meal. Good luck
post #11 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 AM

this is a great idea. i have thought of this myself to lose 10 lbs. to get a bit more cut. i have the new bike that i used a few times and want to get a jogging machine, eliptical machine, whatever. i used to be so much thinner but i filled out. i look "normal" now, as i was too thin. still, 10 lbs. would be good. i only eat good foods and never junk food. i think the coffee with sugar once a day and can of coke once a day isn't helping. i'm in.
post #12 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 09:30 AM

The only problem with me running, is my knees could not handle it. I have been a Plumber for 15 years and my knees are shot. I'm sure the extra weight I am carrying around doesn't help either. I am going to have to find a lower impact excersise. Maybe Yoga or something like that, or I can start mountain biking again. I went on a diet about 5 years ago and lost 30 pounds in 2 months. Like you guys said, I just cut out the junk food, drank alot of water and ate healthy food. Hell, when I go to Mcdonalds for lunch, I get three double cheesburgers!

Last edited by Moibanez; 10-19-2007 at 09:36 AM.
post #13 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moibanez View Post
The only problem with me running, is my knees could not handle it. I have been a Plumber for 15 years and my knees are shot. I'm sure the extra weight I am carrying around doesn't help either. I am going to have to find a lower impact excersise. Maybe Yoga or something like that. I went on a diet about 5 years ago and lost 30 pounds in 2 months. Like you guys said, I just cut out the junk food, drank alot of water and ate healthy food. Hell, when I go to Mcdonalds for lunch, I get three double cheesburgers!
Ah, I see! Pity! I'd love to see more runners! hehehe Walking is also good, but you just have to walk longer distances to get the benefit. Or bike riding? That should be good for your knees and it's very good exercise too! Good luck to you honey!
post #14 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Talking Re: Anyone wanna lose weight with me?

alrighty then, lets do it. we should go ahead and come up with some reasonable goals, post them, and post our progress. I'll find a scale later and post my starting weight. I think a couple lbs a week should be very easy. I'm going to push a little hard to get my self going I think. I'd like to hit my 25lb goal by Christmas.

Thanks for all you guys joining in. The group effort will go along way.

My 1st understanding is that no matter what you choose to do to loose weight, the fundamental effect comes from burning more calories then you consume. Broken down to the basic phrase of, "do more, eat less".

this is going to be great!
post #15 of 110 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 10:29 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
alrighty then, lets do it. we should go ahead and come up with some reasonable goals, post them, and post our progress. I'll find a scale later and post my starting weight. I think a couple lbs a week should be very easy. I'm going to push a little hard to get my self going I think. I'd like to hit my 25lb goal by Christmas.
unless someone is quite obese 25lbs by xmas is silly beyond absurd. you might lose 10 pounds quick then 1/4 pound per week for weeks. you also might pack the pounds back on the week you actually eat meals.

i highly recommend you give it time and do it right.

i got too soft myself and last sept 2006 recomitted to exercising regularly and eating well (no junk). i don't really use the scale regularly because to me that is not important and can be cheated. you'll notice how your clothes fit (or don't fit) and how you feel. for reference i lost probably about 25 pounds in a year w/o any form of strict dieting, overexercise, etc. i'm sure i converted alot of fat weight to muscle but that is something to consider also.

that said, best of luck... glen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode