Arthur C. Clark Dead at 90 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Arthur C. Clark Dead at 90

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle3579120.ece
I've always loved his work, he lived a full life and it was great to have him as an influential storyteller.
One of the greats, IMO.

R.I.P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 02:16 AM

Re: Arthur C. Clark Dead at 90

Arthur refused to believe we'd ever have Faster than Light travel, hence no Star Wars....... no vision......

Seriously, a great thinker who made astonishing contributions to scientific advancement (the geostationary satellite..... the soon to become reality beaming of power from solar collectors to the Earth's surface....) - AND a great storyteller - RIP.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 08:48 AM

Sad to lose such a genius, but he certainly was generous with his insight and industry. RIP Sir Arthur
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Banned

i remember watching arthur c clarks misterious world when i was a kid.great the music was well scarey hehehehe.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 09:18 AM

Sad news, i also watched that program, used to tune in special. in the interviews he seemed like a really nice guy.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 09:35 AM

Was he the very last of the Golden Age writers? I can't think of any others still alive.

It's difficult to feel real sadness when someone dies at 90, but there's a certain nostalgic twinge... I've been reading his books since I was 8 or 9 and periodically revisit them.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 11:47 AM

OMG! Its been a really bad year for all us Nerds and Geeks, first E. Gary Gygax and now this...It comes in 3's as usual, and it better not be Hawking...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 12:50 PM

Bad news, but on the other hand 90 is a respectable age. I've red many of his storys.
RIP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode