Been away for a bit: lots going on - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Been away for a bit: lots going on

Missed being around, lots going on over here. We will be moving into our new home in 2 weeks!!! 2 WEEKS! we signed papers in november, it's a new development, as you remember, i have been living at the mother-in-laws for 6 months! i'm so done and ready to move on. not sure what is happening with the job status, as the co. is in the middle of talks for a merge / buyout...oh great...been going on for a good few months now. no one knows what the outcome will be. new mortgage will be more expensive that we thought so that puts me behind....never anymore guitars for me. we will be house poor, but have a nice house. with my photography and video biz on the side, that will help out here and there. once the basement is done....who knows when, i will open it up to bands for demos...recording studio will be just for me until i can get it looking good and finished down there. between all this there isn't much time for guitar. i work 2 full time jobs...the day job and the photography thing, more weddings lately, which is good. i will post pix in a couple weeks of the house when we close and start moving in june 25. we drove there yesterday and peaked in the windows...it's all done. it looks so nice.

steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 12:40 PM

Re: Been away for a bit: lots going on

Wow Steve! You really have a lot going one. It all sounds so exciting but scary too. A recording studio in the basement sounds awesome! My heartiest congratulations to you and your lady on the new house. I wish you all the best.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 03:25 PM

Hey, welcome back Steve, glad to hear the new digs are coming along nicely!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 05:31 PM

Cool to hear some good news for you

Are we all invited for the house warming party then??
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

yeah man you are! i know the UK is a long way to fly for a couple brats, dogs and beers, but if you want to.......all the better!

steve
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 08:03 PM

Cool, I remember seeing the "under construction pictures". Sounds like your a busy guy. But it will all be worth it, when you unlock that door for your first time!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

yeah dude it will be all worth it! till that first mortgage bill comes in the mail !!!!!! AHHHH.....we had nothing to put down...so it will kill us. but, after a year or 2 when the area gets even more built up...getting crazy now as it is.....we will refi and get rid of the PMI....stupid money maker for banks. it will be really rough for the first year. i'm going to take shots of it right when we unlock that door that day so you guys can see it. i am glad i posted the contstruction shots so you could see it how it is coming along so far. here is a more recent shot....last week....from camera phone. didn't have any of my nice cams with me but it looks good.......for what it is. the garages are in the back of the homes...little street you take behind the homes where you just see rows of garages...kinda nice. as of a few days ago...there is actually concrete sidewalk and not as much mud. sod will be laid in a couple days and the front door is already painted blue to match. one of my friends actually digs the "mote" look...and although that is cool.....we went with the concrete sidewalks as planned. draw bridge would have been too much money.

steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode