Being in sales, I get to experience the luxury of working out of my home. I don't "work from home" per se (I'm generally out visiting customers during the day), but I don't have an office that I go to.
So since I spend a lot of time in this room, I wanted to make it nice! So here's the "mods" that I did to the room.
- hung grasscloth wallpaper on three of the walls
- painted the fourth wall bright orange
- painted out the windows and window trim a dark brown color
- painted the rest of the trim off white
- pulled out the ugly grandma ceiling fan and installed a George Nelson saucer pendant light
- put down a vaguely Vai-esque area rug
- had the windows tinted
- hung some new Ikea roller blinds
- hung lots of guitars on the walls
My desk, where the magic happens. You can see my "amp" on the floor there. Yes, I play all these expensive guitars through that POD X3
The money shot. If I lose inspiration, I turn around and look at this.
My bookshelf. Lard Lad, Butters, Duncan Keith, a DC license plate that says RG 760...all the important stuff there.
Proper shot of the far end of the room. The neons are only there for the picture. Those don't see the light when they aren't being played.
Closeup of the floor guitars.