Best SLR Camera for amateur/beginning photographer - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Best SLR Camera for amateur/beginning photographer

So I really want to go into photography and am looking for a digital SLR camera. Just something basic, not expensive, but still provides decent quality. I want a relatively fast shutter speed as well. I'm still doing research on it, but any ideas and suggestions of this moment would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 08:51 PM

Re: Best SLR Camera for amateur/beginning photographer

Nikon D-50 is what I use.. If I dont just use the automatic settings cause im lazy I can get damn good results..
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 09:46 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

you can't go wrong with the latest low cost Nikon or the low-cost Canon. I use Canon and like their dSLRs better across the board but neither would be a mistake. Both just announced new dSLRs and the new Rebel especially gives alot for the $$. if you really want to save $ find a leftover Rebel or Rebel XT w/ kit lens... glen
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
Nikon D-50 is what I use.. If I dont just use the automatic settings cause im lazy I can get damn good results..
+1 Nikon are brilliant! But if you find them too expensive and go for a normal digital camera, get the Fujifilm S5600; I bought one last year and it's great.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 12:48 PM

exactly what Glen said! XT or original canon digital rebel, which is also known as the 300D, are both great for you. the original digital rebel is what i started with a couple years back. i favor canon and use nothing but canon in video or photo. i'm currently shooting with a 30D and 20D. if you are getting into photography you need something with shutter, iso and Fstop settings. going full auto or using the cam's presets is good but you should also learn to shoot in manual. there will be situations where the pre's won't help you. i shoot in nothing but manual for every shoot i go on.

good luck,

Steve
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 06:45 AM

If you want to do it as cheap as possible a used Canon 300D or 10D would be a good deal on a great camera.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode