Best way to loose some weight - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Best way to loose some weight

so yeah, Im getting a bit on the "bigger side" (not that it's bad lol)

but

I wanna know what's the best remedy or sorts for loosing some weight?

I stopped eating meat (on my own personal terms) but it's not gonna show right now lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:07 PM

Re: Best way to loose some weight

put the fork down.. best way to lose weight.. LOL

seriously avoid pops, juice, sugars and carbs..
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:11 PM

Your weight is a simple equation.

Put in more energy than you use - you get fatter.

Use more energy than you put in - you get thinner.
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:17 PM

Well Eddie (?), doctors (ie: know-it-all's with a qualification! Lol), say this is the percentages per day you should have of the food groups:

33%- Fruit & Vegetables

33%- Carbohydrates (Breads, Pastas, Rice, Cereals)

12%- Protein (Meat, Poultry, Eggs)

11%- Dairy (Skimmed or Semi-Skimmed Milk)

11%- Fats & Sugars (Fats- anything which is liquid at room temperature is good, everything solid- ie: Lard is bad. Sugars is obvious- glucose, fructose etc).

COUPLED with a good 2 hours per day of exercising (not weight lifting since that wont necessarily burn the fat, rather than build muscle underneath it). So stuff like jogging, swimming, rowing, biking, hiking etc.

Now, the percentages of the groups don't really mean much unless you know how to sepeate them.

33% means, of every 100 portions of food you eat should be 33 portions of fruit & veg.

A portion is 80 Grams.

So you can wiegh your food & get roughly (because it's impossible to get specific amounts) the right percentages of the food groups per day.

Don't stop eating meat if you like it. I personally don't eat red meat, but not because of any weight problem or whatever notion of it's unhealthy. That's BS frankly, as is the crap about Carbs being bad for you. Carbs are only bad if you don't exercises.

Carbs produce energy which is great when you exercise, however- if you DON'T exercise, the carbs turns into fat which is why it's unhealthy that way.

DO NOT touch salt, EVER. It is brutal. People often put salt or a dressing which contains loads of salt on their salad which is defeating the object. So don't touch salt at all man, it aint good.

I'm not sure how many portions you need per day, but the calory level of 2,500 for a man doesn't really come into equation if you'e exercising alot & arre burning those carbs.

We need fats, so if you're cooking meat, you can use vegetable oil because it is a liquid at room temperature, but still try to dain it. I would actually say cook all your meat in the oven rather than frying, but if you wanna have chips or whatever, use Veg Oil.

Hope this helps.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
put the fork down.. best way to lose weight.. LOL

seriously avoid pops, juice, sugars and carbs..
There's nothing wrong with Carbs. Don't believe all the BS on american TV.

You NEED carbs to produce energy or you get lethargic. Which is why having Porridge Oats as breakfast is great.

Juice is alright as long as it's sugar free.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

that's great advice thanks

and I don't wanna eat meat cause after the crap I saw, no thanks (don't ask)
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:21 PM

More protein, less energy. So keep eating meat or youll loose as much muscle as fat and be a sissy boy. The easiest way is stop drinking soft drink and eating junk food.

Not eating meat is the most unhealthy thing you can do unless you make a serious effort to suplement it with greens.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_UV777 View Post
that's great advice thanks

and I don't wanna eat meat cause after the crap I saw, no thanks (don't ask)
I don't eat it just cos i think it's disgusting to breed animals for food.

If cannibals do that with humans- it's wrong, i see no difference.

E-Mail a dietician online for how many portions per day you need cos i'm not sure.

But the percentages still apply.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:23 PM
dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivera213 View Post
There's nothing wrong with Carbs. Don't believe all the BS on american TV.

You NEED carbs to produce energy or you get lethargic. Which is why having Porridge Oats as breakfast is great.

Juice is alright as long as it's sugar free.
When people say carbs are bad they don't mean the slice of bread, the fruit juice or an apple - they mean chocolate bars, cakes, snacks, etc.

Snickers bar can negate 30min exercise bike.

Eat apples, sultanas, bread, cereal - stay away from anything you can get from a vending machine.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:25 PM

They aren't carbs as dieticians write it.

They are sugars primarily.

Carbs is Bread, Cereals, Pastas, Rices, Potatoes so when they say "Carbs are bad" they are talking s-h-i-t.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:29 PM

Think of carbs as either 'DIRTY' carbs (sweets, chocolates, sugars, fast food etc etc) or 'CLEAN' carbs (porridge oats, potatoes, brown rice etc). Clean carbs are fine.
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post
More protein, less energy. So keep eating meat or youll loose as much muscle as fat and be a sissy boy. The easiest way is stop drinking soft drink and eating junk food.

Not eating meat is the most unhealthy thing you can do unless you make a serious effort to suplement it with greens.
...and exercise. Even if you don't have weight issues, exercise (such as jogging, swimming, biking) is great - it keeps you in shape, and makes you feel better overall.
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Think of carbs as either 'DIRTY' carbs (sweets, chocolates, sugars, fast food etc etc) or 'CLEAN' carbs (porridge oats, potatoes, brown rice etc). Clean carbs are fine.
That's exactly what i'm saying.

"Dirty" carbs aren't carbs as written by dieticians. They are fats & sugars.

"Clean" Carbs are the only Carbs.
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivera213 View Post
COUPLED with a good 2 hours per day of exercising (not weight lifting since that wont necessarily burn the fat, rather than build muscle underneath it). So stuff like jogging, swimming, rowing, biking, hiking etc.
The problem is , most people couldnt find the time to do 2 hours a day excersising. I wish i had the time to do that, but i do find 30mins to go running or using an excersise bike.

Im starting a diet a week tomorrow (cant this week, ive got exams and i cant risk messing up and making myself tired).

Pleanty of fruit and veg, and smaller meals more often instead of 3 main meals.
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 04:33 PM

All this talk of carbs and protein and percentages and dieticians is pure crap. You guys sound like women...

The only people who need to control and monitor their diet to the extent of knowing what percentage carb, protein etc they are eating are professional athletes.

Eat less (especially less junk) and excercise more. Simple as that.

Tags
david mccarroll

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode