The best way to pass time? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

The best way to pass time?

So my girlfriend needs space. I'm gonna give it to her, but I seriously don't think I can take the pain of missing her for weeks at a time when I'm thinking about her all the time. What can I do to get my mind off of her and get the time to pass quicker. BTW, whoever was going to suggest drugs or alcohol, those aren't options for me. What do you guys do to pass time quickly, other than play guitar of course!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 02:05 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: The best way to pass time?

weeks at at time, it's not one of these 'i really love you but i need space' moments is it?

sleeping works for me lol seriously though it depends on my mood, either reading or watching movies.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 02:11 PM

www.skillground.com

Utour online golf.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Well basically she is stressed and made some bad decisions and we ended up breaking up on Monday because of those bad decisions, and I made some stupid decisions and a lot of mistakes and basically just made it worse by hassling her with my emotions about what happened. But I don't want to give up what we have because we care a lot for each other, it was just that she needs some time and space to herself to think about stuff before we talk about it and try to resolve things. That's the back story haha.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 02:32 PM

Poor fella, I'm sure it'll work out for the best

Try buying yourself an xbox!
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 02:37 PM

Simple soulution, find another girl. Many fish in the see. All you need is to dangle the right bait.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
Simple soulution, find another girl. Many fish in the see. All you need is to dangle the right bait.
True. I just don't know if I can put my heart into something new right now and I need someone there for me right now at the same time. It's a horrible situation, that's why it's so hard to get off my mind. We care so much for each other, there was no one that could tear us apart, but something so simple as stress, along with us ourselves fighting so hard for each other did. It all sounds so lame, but I can't help it, still feel so many feelings for her and I know that right now I can't do anything about it. Such is life...

I'll try my luck at finding another girl to pass the time...I don't think I'd have trouble finding a girl, just one as great for me as she was.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:22 PM

Buy yourself a copy of World of Warcraft. Weeks will become months, then years...
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:24 PM

There's millions of other people in the world my man.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:24 PM

Yea you will, may not seem like it but you will. Not making light of your age but with age and maturity comes a love deeper and more intenese than you can imagine. As a nagging harpie as my wife is I could not imagine life without her.

Fate will bring the right one to you. You may not believe in it but it does work. As children my wife and I went to the same kindergarten class. She then moved to Flordia with her family. 20yrs later in a bar on the opsite side of town we lived in we met again. Three hours after that she got pregnet. Fate dude trust in Fate.
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:25 PM

Well....if you do want the old one back then having a new girl in the meantime won't go down too well

Forget about "getting it wet" for a bit and concentrate on whether you do want your old one!! If she's truly unreplacable you will have a lifetime of regrets. If you do decide to move on then you can "go fishing" with a clear conscience!!!

Plus....how much free time do you have?? I have trouble putting in as much time on the guitar as i'd like, so any other forms of entertainment aren't needed!!!
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
20yrs later in a bar on the opsite side of town we lived in we met again. Three hours after that she got pregnet.

LMFAO

No wasting time with you then Nice one
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:33 PM

Masterb...oh, err, wait, just play video games...
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:38 PM

post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem View Post
Well....if you do want the old one back then having a new girl in the meantime won't go down too well

Forget about "getting it wet" for a bit and concentrate on whether you do want your old one!! If she's truly unreplacable you will have a lifetime of regrets. If you do decide to move on then you can "go fishing" with a clear conscience!!!

Plus....how much free time do you have?? I have trouble putting in as much time on the guitar as i'd like, so any other forms of entertainment aren't needed!!!
That's what I'm afraid of. She is the only girl that I have ever found that makes me feel so good about myself and she really respects what I believe in even if she doesn't agree. I'm sure there's someone else out there, but I would feel like not only would I be giving her up, but I'd be letting her give me up, and give our relationship up, and from what people tell me, I'm the only person who has done those same things for her.

But don't worry about the whole relationship thing, I'll be fine...whatever happens, at least I'll know I treated her with respect and did my best.

Also...THE CURSE!

I can't get off to any other girls, I don't even think any other girls are attractive anymore...and I'd just be thinking about my girlfriend if I was doing what some are suggesting...so I don't think that's really an option either haha. I've found this Freerice.com site though and it seems to be helping for now...

Tags
guitar shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode