A Big Thank You!!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
A Big Thank You!!!

I'm starting this thread for me and anyone else who wants to thank or give a shout out to another member on Jemsite who has helped them in some way or another. I think this would be a good way to let people know how much their help has been appreciated. Personally I would like to thank AlaskaBat who's advice has really helped me out over the past few months, I now know a lot more than I would otherwise. So don't be afraid to thank someone!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 12:31 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: A Big Thank You!!!

I thank everyone I have ever spoken with on jemsite-I have learned quite a bit, and gotten a few nice Jems
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 10:33 AM

good thread idea. I thank my family here on jemsite. Such a wealth of knowledge in all aspects! The photo thread is one of my favorites. What an empire on the web this forum is! I also want to thank Rich, whom I bought 2 Ibanez from...I couldn't ask for better service or setups! thanks for starting a great place Glen
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1

Yea I thought so too, but really didn't get the response I thought it could.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 10:12 AM

Well I would have to thanks Rich Harris for telling me how to get into my Chromeboy case when I forgot the number I was going to pop the lock with a screwdriver ...gulp !!

Cheers Rich. (it was a few years ago by btw).

Al.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 10:45 AM

Reviews: 2

What a great thread!! I'm sorry I missed it earlier..........

Who to thank?? Man there's SO MANY of you..... Over the years Jemsite has helped me funnel my obsession into a constructive place, I've learned amazing amounts things about guitars AND guitar players that I otherwise couldn't have known...... I owe a small debt of gratitude to everyone of you in some way or another.

But for people in particular I have to name:

AlaskaBat- You've been a great friend at times when I really needed one. Thank you so much!!!

Takin a Ride- Thanks for making my "dream" come true!! (you know what I'm talking about...NGD to come soon)

Rich- Thank you for imparting some of your knowledge to me...... you'll never know how much it's appreciated!!

Glen- As you know, This site has turned into a phenomenon!! a small idea you had several years ago has bloomed into a world-wide hit...... It's really taught me a lot about people from other countries and cultures. I love to experience our differences and our likenesses!!!

Linuxpenguin- your the great buddy that's always "poking a stick" in my side!! you definitely keep me on my toes....lol

LonePhantom- Your a great guy that I respect a whole lot!! keep up the good work...and GET ME A MUG DAMMIT!!!

elcid- Your cool AND fair (and you have great taste in guitars too....lol) We have a bunch of great mods here, but I think you have the best understanding of how to do the job....Thank You!!!

IBZRG1527prestige- You might be my son, but your growing into a man that I respect very much... I love you....NOW GET A JOB!!!!

There are obviously many others, but for the most part I want to thank Jemsite as a community, YOUR ONE HELL OF A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS!!!!

Ryc
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 12:16 PM

Reviews: 4

Wow, nice thread.... Too many folks to list, really. My list is pretty close to Ryc's, lemme try.

Ryc - You really helped my nail my drum tracks, and you build/mod threads are pretty awesome and informative!

Rich - I wouldn't have a clue how to work on my guitar as well as I do if it wasn't for you website, if anybody hasn't read it, they should! Glad to say I've been able to order from you, too!

LonePhantom - Your blog is pretty sweet, I also look to it as a first resource after I read any other reviews, You've covered so many great things, totally helpful!

Andrewsfury - Your a pretty cool dude! I won the "design a funny JEM" contest, and you gave me a string swing stand!!! Whenever my guitar isn't in my hands, it's likely to be found there!

Linuxpenguin - Dude, wherever you are out there, just want ya to know your a fun dude, and not just at partys

elcid - You've gotta be the coolest mod ever!

Technomancer - OK, your mostly on ss.org, but you totally keep fueling my GAS!!!

Mr. Tiptoes (yes, i just gave you teh lamest nickname ever) - Your advice is totally immeasurable, You've gotta be one of the most helpful members here! I totally get GAS whenever I see a purple guitar now!

Treva - This place wouldn't be the same without you. You always have a unique and insightful perspective on guitars, and the world alike!

shono - I don't think you come on here any more, but it's been nice to keep in touch!

That guy with that thing that makes your trem stop moving - *read shono*

I know I'm probably missing a few folks, but you have ALL been great!! Wouldn't be the same sight without any of you!

Also, any jemsiters that were at jemfest last year, it was awesome to get to know you! Portlandaxe, Jaxadam, Waverider and many many others!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 12:56 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: A Big Thank You!!!

Jim777-Gave me my first and only infraction worth 5 points, but went about it very cool and respectfully! I always thought that took great class the way he handled a silly situation on my part!

6fingers-I'm Superman, he's Bizarro and vice versa!

JJEMMER777-Myst and rain-jay ratkowski-All 3 great guys and loved/love interacting with them!

Rich-The Boot Master

My all time favorite foil!!!!!

Darin-(we loved to hate each other)

And of course everyone else!!!
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 06:55 AM

Reviews: 120

I want to thank everyone who has helped me over the years, so many to completely recall.

Big thanks to RGTFanatic though for his amazing generosity. He has been contributing to much to me to help with my blog. Cheers mate, and I'll hopefully sort out the damned paper work to get the merch stuff up and running. Then you can get your mug!
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoDopeImHeroinx View Post
I'm starting this thread for me and anyone else who wants to thank or give a shout out to another member on Jemsite who has helped them in some way or another. I think this would be a good way to let people know how much their help has been appreciated. Personally I would like to thank AlaskaBat who's advice has really helped me out over the past few months, I now know a lot more than I would otherwise. So don't be afraid to thank someone!!!
Wow--I missied this thread! Thanks for the love, fellas. By the way, I was called Tiptoes waaaaay back in school, so it's not new xSoDopeImHeroinx--Glad I could help! You know how to reach me for anything.
fwd0120--'m glad I could help out since you've been here! Much of your posts have helped me too. Always a pleasure to engage in conversation with you.
I'd like to thank a few others here, too:
Ryc--you're my brother from another mother--always! Always a phone call away for anything--truly appreciated. I'll always remember our first collaboration with the 9/11 tribute guitars. I hope we can get them done someday. Your birds may drive you nuts. but always a welcome sound on this end of the phone.
Rich--you're my favorite "uncle." Full of knowledge and help. Your advice is immeasurable!
Damian--you're my unofficial nephew. You also have helped in various ways, and helped me see things in a different light.
Elcid--you're Santa Claus. There will always be extra cookies near the tree for you.
Musikron--you're my virtual guitar tech. You always dish out tips and tricks for us, when you charge others for it--THANKS!
LinuxPenguin--you're my crazy cousin. Full of humor, and always making me laugh. Thanks for letting me help out on some of your projects. Thanks for letting me run with your designs and help finalize them.
LonePhantom--my other brother from Down Under. Thanks for the collaboration and genuine friendship. We'll get that buffer going soon!
Alan--for putting a bunch of trust in me, Stephen, and Blackspy for the Review Section revival.
Mobius--for taking care of business when it really counts. Sometimes we don't see you for weeks, but you show up when it really matters--THANKS!
IbanezDaemon--For the great inspiration for projects. (Insert Jedi mind trick here)--you WILL trade me that purple lizard RG!!!!!!!!
Treva--I don't even know where to begin with you! From our late-night chats about food, wildlife, scenery, nature, recording, playing, and just everything else. You've been one to pick me up when I neded it. You see the good stuff in life that most others miss. You have a singular sense of humor that is certainly appreciated. If I have to fly down there to share some of that pepper sauce--I WILL!
Finally--all of the others that PM and email me for advice--you guys reall keep me on my toes! You guys don't let my workshop and tools collect dust. You guys pave the way for MY projects, too--THANK YOU!

Also--Jemsite for just being here--none of this is possible without this site.

Last edited by AlaskaBat; 07-25-2011 at 12:59 PM.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 01:01 PM

i want to thank everyone for their help and knowledge ..best people on the planet thank you all
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 01:04 PM

Special thanks to Breadfan for your extreme talent, and killer tone
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Double post of doom!

Last edited by AlaskaBat; 07-25-2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Double post
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 05:59 PM

Reviews: 4

^delayed double post of eevil?
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 06:04 AM

Thanks to Glen for the great site, he's the reason we're all here!!

Thanks to all the moderators who give their free time to ensure the site runs smoothly and amicably. In no particular order: Jono, Jemaholic, Ayrton, Elcid, Jaxadam, GilkyBear, Moebius, Cerealk. Special thanks to Jim777 for the great help on several occassions!!

Massive thanks to all my active Jemsite friends!! Again in no particular order: 6Fingers, Agent540, AlaskaBat. Boombatty, Brianxtr, Cornstar70, Custom24, GaryQwa, HurricaneKid, jayz81, RGTFanatic, Takin A Ride, UV-7-BK. Great bunch of guys and superb Jemsiters.

Cheers also to all the guys I've bought/sold/traded with.; ArthurG, GavDav, Howsmydiving, Orochimaru, SkullKrusher, Speedabob, Floating_Guy.

Huge thanks to: GaryQwa, Mainframe, Brianxtr and WMerket for selling all the J Customs to me!!!

Thanks also to all the learned Ibanez experts on here, it's a great learning experience every time I visit the site.

Cheers to anyone who's posted a NGD and replied to mine!!! Love looking at all the great guitars and collections!!

And finally to Ibanez themselves I guess for making the coolest rock guitars on the Planet!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode