Bigfeets - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Bigfeets

All this hoo-ha about this supposed bigfoot body has got me thinkin' about one of my favourite Futurama moments:

Ranger Park: Now since this area's a national Bigfoot preserve, we'll start with a short film about Bigfoot while I make a few phone calls.

[He dims the lights and turns on the projector. "Bigfoot" appears on the screen.]

Narrator: [voice-over; in movie] Bigfoot ... [A hand stamps some words over the caption.] ... Endangered Mystery! [The movie shows a map of North America.] In the dense forests of the Pacific Northwest ... [The scene changes to the Patterson-Gimlin film.] ... dwells the strange and beautiful creature known as Bigfoot, perhaps.

Fry: That proves it!

[In the movie the Clearcutter cuts down some trees.]

Narrator: [voice-over; in movie] Sadly, logging and human settlement today threaten what might possibly be his habitat. Although if it's not, they don't. Bigfoot populations require vast amounts of land to remain elusive in. [The scene changes to some rocks.] They typically dwell just behind rocks but are also sometimes playful, bounding into thick fogs and out-of-focus areas.

[The scene changes to a foggy forest. Park talks on the phone at the back of the room.]

Ranger Park: It should say "Top Quality Exercycle For Sale" and could you put "top quality" in bold? You can't? OK, whatever.

[In the movie someone photographs the woods.]

Narrator: [voice-over; in movie] Remember, it's up to us. Bigfoot is a crucial part of the ecosystem, if he exists. So let's all help keep Bigfoot possibly alive for future generations to enjoy unless he doesn't exist. The end.

[The movie ends with "The End" and "MMCMLXII - Most Rights Reserved".]

Ranger Park: I-I gotta call you back. [He hangs up.] Alright, questions?

Sal: Yeah. Have yous ever seens Bigfeet?

Ranger Park: Technically, no. But I do see him each night in my dreams and each day in the silent faces of hairy children.

[Farnsworth stands up and shakes his fist.]

Farnsworth: (shouting) Bunk! Bunk I say! Bring me a bag full of Bigfoot's droppings or shut up!

Ranger Park: [holding up a bag] I have the droppings of someone who saw Bigfoot.

Farnsworth: Shut up!

[Bender stands up and points out the window.]

Bender: Oh, my God! Look! It's Bigfoot!

[Park holds up a camera and autograph book and runs to the window.]

Ranger Park: Where?

Bender: Eh, he's gone. He said you should keep wasting your life though.

Petunia: Oh! I saw Bigfoot crushing cars at the county fair.

Ranger Park: What you saw was Bigfoot the monster truck. But thanks for a great question.

[She groans and walks out muttering. Fry raises his hand.]

Fry: Sir, if I may, why don't you just set up like a billion video cameras in the woods and see if he walks by one?

Ranger Park: Ah, that would be very expensive, and most people who believe in Bigfoot are broke.

Bender: Hey, look! Bigfoot! He's back!

Ranger Park: Where?

Bender: Up your face! [He laughs.] Everybody do the Bender!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Re: Bigfeets

Then there's:

Bender: Fry! Fry wake up! It's me, Bigface!

[Cut to: Fry's Tent. Fry wakes up.]

Bender: (from outside) Come out and groom my mangy fur!

Fry: [turning on his lamp] Huh? Bigfoot? You taught yourself English? Bigfoot? Is that you? I'm not like the others, Bigfoot; I see through your monster coatings to the gentle loner inside. I bet you have a wounded racoon friend that you tenderly nurse back to health while you go... [He "coos".] But in the end they shoot you. But you teach us about things.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 12:03 AM

Bender- CHEESE IT!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Calling bigfoot 'bigface' is like Pringles... once you do it once, you can't stop.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 12:59 PM
HDS

His drumming is kick ass though.

Tags
bigfoot , futurama

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode