Bikes on evilbay? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
Bikes on evilbay?

So as you all know I've been in the market for a motorcycle. I've actually been looking on ****. Is there anyone here who has bought a bike on evilbay? I know it's different from person to person, but I'd still want to know if anyone has had any experiences and what sort of things i should look out for/expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:34 AM

Re: Bikes on evilbay?

what bike ?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 10:45 AM

if you can't check out the bike in person, or have someone else look at it for you, i'd pass. my brother bought a 3000gt vr4 (i know, not a bike) that became a money pit.
if i buy something cheap on ****, i don't really care if i can't inspect myself. but if its a decent amount of money (bike/car), i would make sure i know exactly what i'm getting
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Yeah good point. Currently I've been looking at entry level cruisers. Sportsters mostly. It's hard not to want one when it's got low mileage and lot's of custom parts on it and it's goin for less than the one at the shop. I actually think i'll stick to the one i've got my eye on at the shop. I was just wondering if there was anything i should know about that.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 01:45 PM

do you know if the parts were installed professionally?

it sucks that buyers even need to worry, because most of the time there isn't going to be a problem. its just when you get hosed you want to kick yourself.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I agree. Tempting though it may be i think i'll just wait till i can find a nice one at the shop. I'll probably cost a bit more and i may end up with something a little closer to stock but that's cool by me. At this point i just want a good bike that isn't gonna bankrupt me.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 04:27 PM

Large big ticket stuff like bikes, cars, boats, etc....I'll set the search parameters to check within 100 miles of my zip code. Then if I win the auction, I've got the opportunity to go and physically check it out before handing over any money.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 04:29 PM

A friend of mine has bought a couple of bikes off **** and sold them.
I got my first bike from there and I probably would have got my new one too if the right one had come up at the time.
In fact my neighbour has just sold his Honda Goldwing on **** for £13000.
I guess you've just got to be sure that the seller and bike are genuine.
Ive been lucky so far
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 05:02 PM

My very first purchase on the bay was a Honda CBR900-RR. 5900 bucks, 2300 miles! It was only about 50 miles from me, so I drove over with my brother and rode it home. What a great bike, wish I still had it!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Yeah man. Good to know that there's some good things that can be gotten from the `bay when it comes to vehicles. I've been looking at bikes on there for a while. I'd love to be able to get a bike that's already had some nice mods, preferably really nice wheels.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

K2 BIKES are they any good?
are nishike bikes any good?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode