black ops - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Banned

black ops

anyone bought black ops yet ???.i got it last night,you gamers need to buy this cos its pretty awsome.the maps are really big (not fussed on the nam maps) and the guns are really good.on a down side it is a bit like cod6 mordern warfare the word was it was going to be more like cod5 world at war but it isnt.that said it is a really good game,my gamertag ibanez777vdyjem add me so i can kick your ass lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 08:58 AM

Reviews: 1
Re: black ops

If running around and shooting is your kind of COD game, you're not gonna like the one that comes next... :P
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 10:15 AM

i had plans on getting it tonight. i stopped gaming a handful of years ago but, here and there, a few hours a week, i'll work on a game. i just finished the new wolfenstein for ps3...which actually came out last year, so black ops is next IF IT HAS ZOMBIES. i'm not into solving mysteries or getting clues....no time for that! storming rooms and getting right down to business is more my speed, hence, first person shooters. i couldn't care less about picking up tokens or clues or getting secret keys to open up rooms 3 levels back...blah blah blah..that slows me down. constant action is where it's at.
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 02:03 PM

I just picked up my copy. So I will be on this evening, provided the 2 year old will allow it.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 02:45 PM

Do they even make these games for PCs anymore? It would take me weeks to get some times on the Xbox or Wii in my house
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 05:40 PM

Reviews: 59

I've messed around with it for a little. Love the remote grenade cars but don't like some other things. It's tough to not have my heartbeat sensor on my sniper rifle...
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 05:46 PM

Reviews: 4

It's better than MW2, especially with new online weapon system, and way bigger maps!
playing it on PS3, pretty impressed.

Wanting it on computer though, alot more fun, and harder online.

Cam-Vai
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 04:11 AM

Reviews: 39

My friend got it at midnight (preordered) and while I was busy getting drunk on rum, he still couldn't get it to play online (x360). Something having to do with that he's already been patched and most of the other 3.7 million players on the playlist already playing in the first 24 hours arent, so he has to wait for them to catch up to the patch...bummer.

I went and checked it out today though...played some nazi zombies, campaign, a bunch of other stuff...its totally badass...I think the multiplayer system is probably better than MOH, but MOH is cooler for physics and destructables, etc.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmaster View Post
i had plans on getting it tonight. i stopped gaming a handful of years ago but, here and there, a few hours a week, i'll work on a game. i just finished the new wolfenstein for ps3...which actually came out last year, so black ops is next IF IT HAS ZOMBIES. i'm not into solving mysteries or getting clues....no time for that! storming rooms and getting right down to business is more my speed, hence, first person shooters. i couldn't care less about picking up tokens or clues or getting secret keys to open up rooms 3 levels back...blah blah blah..that slows me down. constant action is where it's at.
yes balack ops has zombies,but you need to buy hardened edition as normal black ops only has 1 zombie map. hardened edition cost £70 thats near enough $110 so it aint cheap.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 07:47 AM

Reviews: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Do they even make these games for PCs anymore? It would take me weeks to get some times on the Xbox or Wii in my house
Check out Steam for PC games. It is a bit like iTunes and you can instal them on many machines at once.

My PC has dies this week, so I am stuck on the laptop which won't run some stuff all that well ;(
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcoumbe View Post
Check out Steam for PC games. It is a bit like iTunes and you can instal them on many machines at once.

My PC has dies this week, so I am stuck on the laptop which won't run some stuff all that well ;(
You took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say "uh...Steam?". Steam is one of the things that is actually helping PC gaming. It allows publishers to make their games available and not feel the need to go crazy with the DRM and copywrite protection.

I've have not heard good things about Black Ops. I think people are playing it and are now thinking "Oh yeah, Treyarch. Yeah, forgot about that". I'm hearing lots unfavorable comparisons to COD: WaW, which was just a poor man's COD4. Treyarch is no Infinity Ward. Activision had a goose that lays golden eggs with Infinity Ward, but of course that had to go and kill it.

Oh yeah, the system requirements are about a generation ahead of MW2, but somehow it doesn't look nearly as good. Again...Treyarch, not Infinity Ward.
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 10:06 AM

picked it up last night right after work. by the time i got home and had some dinner, i fell asleep on the couch! damn this time change! maybe later tonight or this weekend. i may try some online play. couple friends here at work got their copies last night as well but they're on xbox! i'm on ps3....would love to play alongside them. oh well
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTiger View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say "uh...Steam?". Steam is one of the things that is actually helping PC gaming. It allows publishers to make their games available and not feel the need to go crazy with the DRM and copywrite protection.

I've have not heard good things about Black Ops. I think people are playing it and are now thinking "Oh yeah, Treyarch. Yeah, forgot about that". I'm hearing lots unfavorable comparisons to COD: WaW, which was just a poor man's COD4. Treyarch is no Infinity Ward. Activision had a goose that lays golden eggs with Infinity Ward, but of course that had to go and kill it.

Oh yeah, the system requirements are about a generation ahead of MW2, but somehow it doesn't look nearly as good. Again...Treyarch, not Infinity Ward.
i love cod5 world at war its the only cod game i like playing.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob777vdy View Post
i love cod5 world at war its the only cod game i like playing.
Funny that in your original post, you said it was like MW. That's not the word on the street. In fact, I've heard that if you preferred WaW, you'll like Black Ops. I preferred MW and I really didn't have any problems with MW2, besides the hackers and cheaters. I thought the net coding on both was immaculate and the whole "feel" of how they played just clicked with me. The only other FPS I've played that clicked like that was Quake III, and that was a long time ago.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTiger View Post
Funny that in your original post, you said it was like MW. That's not the word on the street. In fact, I've heard that if you preferred WaW, you'll like Black Ops. I preferred MW and I really didn't have any problems with MW2, besides the hackers and cheaters. I thought the net coding on both was immaculate and the whole "feel" of how they played just clicked with me. The only other FPS I've played that clicked like that was Quake III, and that was a long time ago.
black ops is nothing like cod 5 world at war.ive played on black ops a good few hours now and its just another modern warfare game,maybe they should av called it moder warfare 3.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode