The final cut??? I've only had the director's cut for a couple of years! Anyone figured out the difference yet?
no differences at all in the story. they "only" corrected the many errors of the TR and DC versions, then added some of the deleted scenes, and they also had the picture and the sound completely revised, i.e.: exactly what we BR freaks always wanted. here's an excerpt of a review from a BR fan who had the luck to see the FC on theaters (read the complete review HERE
- Bryant says TWO replicants were fried running through an electrical field.
- No more spinner wires.
- In the Abdul Ben Hassan scene, the dialogue matches the lips now.
- Joanna Cassidy's face has been digitally placed over all of the shots of the stunt doubles.
- The serial number on the snake scale has been altered to match what the Cambodian lady read aloud.
- When the doves flies away, there is a new background that matches the rest of the movie.
- The ORIGINAL non-DC unicorn scene has been reinserted.
- Roy now says "I want more life, father"
instead of "...I want more life, f*cker"
- Roy's murder of Tyrell is longer and bloodier.
that's amazing, to say the least.
The director's cut was definitely better than the theatrical version [...] The extra 'scenes' - all 30 seconds of them - didn't add much as far as I was concerned.
quite the contrary. if you're referring to the Unicorn scene, well, that changes upside-down the whole story by revealing what Deckard really is: a replicant himself. this wasn't clear on the Theatrical Release. why Warner Bros or some of the productors wanted to deleted this scene at the time, is beyond me.
The film was damn near perfect, so what other tweaking is going to improve it?
if you mean that its mood was perfect, i totally agree. but there were so many technical mistakes... thought, the overall mood of the film makes us totally forget about those.