Blisters... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Blisters...

Hi, lately I have had a problem, a blister keeps developing on the tip of my pinky. Last time I just let it heal, however that took over a weeks. I don't think that is a very good option right now, so I'm not sure what to do with it. It doesn't hurt to play on (for now anyway) so I was just wondering if anyone has ever had blisters on their finger tips? I just read on a different forum that they eventually turn into calluses, but I'm not convinced. If I leave it alone it will burst, so I guess my finger tip will be raw which may prevent comfort while playing. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 06:46 PM

Re: Blisters...

Find a woman to take over for awhile
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 06:58 PM

Sorry the only answer is to play through the pain.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Koss - that is some good advice and I guess I will have to play through the pain. Just a question, would you still play despite puss and blood dripping all over your fretboard? haha
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 07:27 PM

honestly what i would do is let it rest for a bit and work on your picking hand. Or only use non-blistered fingers. I wouldnt play through it when its about to bust, cause if it did blow, then you'd be bleeding and pussin all over the place, plus it would hurt like hell and it wont heal if you play through the open cut.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 08:05 PM

Why don't you burst it? It's what I do and they heal much faster. Just dip a needle in alcohol, attach a thread to it and run it through the blister. The thread will soak the liquid. It's completely painless. I do it when I get blisters from hiking and there's no problem at all.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss
honestly what i would do is let it rest for a bit and work on your picking hand. Or only use non-blistered fingers. I wouldnt play through it when its about to bust, cause if it did blow, then you'd be bleeding and pussin all over the place, plus it would hurt like hell and it wont heal if you play through the open cut.
NASTY!!

dip a needle in alcohol and pierce the blister. it will more than likely drain clear. after 24 hours it will still be tender but playing will be ok if you don't overdo it! after a couple days it will start to callousize (is that a word? it's cool regardless.) good luck
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, I did pop/drain the thing and I'm still practicing. The only problem is that playing results in more build up of puss and now that there is a few small holes, it likes to leak on my rosewood plank haha.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 11:23 AM

Talking Re: Blisters...

When I decided to learn bass along with my guitar those big strings were rough on the ol' fingers for a while. Clean it, disinfect it, spread a thin layer of super glue over it (they didn't have the "liquid bandage" stuff at the time) and keep going <obvious>after the glue dries</obvious>. Not that I recommend this as a good idea of course...
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 11:30 PM

How do I get my fingers which are now super glued to the fretboard off?
(guess I shoulda waited..
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 11:46 PM

when i was in my old band i ended up taking a shower and then going straight to band practice....well the water softened up one of my calluses and it started bleading so i did the old super glue trick!!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

are you sure it's super glue?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPEXPLORER351D
are you sure it's super glue?
Yep. Super glue.
Disclaimer: I just said it works, I didn't say it was a good idea.
Maybe that "liquid bandage" stuff they have out now would work. I never tried it because, as far as I know, it didn't exist at the time.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 11:47 AM

Super glue works but don't get yourself stuck to something.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 01:43 PM

Reviews: 6

super glue, seriously, just put a layer overtop, That should keep things together, it'll still hurt but at least it won't pop and hurt even more

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode