Bored out of my mind! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Bored out of my mind!

Please excuse any typos, I'm tapping this out on my phone via Teamviewer (it's compicated to explain why I do it this way)
So I'm at this club with my girlfriend, she's trying to hook up with some guy and while I've been dancing for the past three hours, I'm just tired of it. no interesting poeople and my fiancee hates going to clubs, unless there's live music, so he's not here.
The only person I know is Melanie, and she's grinding on some 'mouth breather' on the danc floor.
So, why post here?
Curious: what would any of you do in this situation? Call for a ride home and leave her here?
by the time any of your red this I'll most likely be home taking a shower, or sleeping, or it will be sunrise, but still........what would you guys do?
I fell bad just leaving her here, but at the same time, why am I even here?
Plus: some guy grabbed my butt on the dance floor erlier and flicked his tongue at me. I almost punched him. I don't think I'm mad for this anymore.
calling Jeff, going home.
Thannks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 12:50 AM

Reviews: 1
Re: Bored out of my mind!

Yeah get the Hell outta there and go relax, your friend will be ok
Have a good night
R
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 01:03 AM

Reviews: 6

Lmao, I know the feeling. I hate clubs, always the same, desperate drunk antisocial muscle bound arseholes (usually jock types who are going to be in the closet until they have ruined the life of at least one woman) looking for either a **** or a fight and usually not too fussy if they get both from the same person. I could never dance (unless there was someone to dance on) so the only place I suffer boredom is clubs (no access to information to distract me and none of my stuff nearby).
The guys grabbing arses thing really makes me think it should be perfectly legal to have a moron hunting season, I don't believe in everyone having access to firearms or shooting wildlife for that matter, but I'd make an exception for the benifit of the gene pool and be first on the queue for that particular licence. I use a look I patented in my first profession which apparently says "I want to kill someone today, just about anyone will do" it generally keeps the genetic waste at bay. However I'm sure you didn't ask for a rant, so lets strategise:

When your friend next takes a bathroom break, don't make the mistake of joining the piss possy and going with her, instead sidle over to that charming articulate specimen of manhood that your friend is dry humping and say either of the following:

"Hey, let me get you a drink, I really appreciate what you're doing for Melanie!! Since the chlamydia infection she hasn't been going out, but you've really helped her get some confidence back, oh don't mention I said anything to her, she's still waiting on the HIV test results"

or

"Wow, you're so open minded, not like the other guys in this dive." which triggers the "oh how so?" response which should be followed by:

"Well, Melvin, ahem Melanie is still in transition, some of the other guys were really cruel to him...her, but don't her new breasts look great? And next month he's having the downstairs part fixed.. It's great that things like that don't bother you, you're such a great guy"

He'll disappear faster than a cake from a bulimic and you get to go home....

Tadaaa.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 01:09 AM

Hope you got out of there ok... No reason to hang out all night if you aren't having fun. Those places aren't my thing anyway.

In contrast, I just spent a few hours sitting on the bank at the lake with my daughter Ally. Didn't catch anything to speak of, she got a couple of bites and I caught a tiny gar... but it was a beautiful sunset watching the tiny crescent moon set, followed by a dark starlit sky and a cool breeze off the lake.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Hope you got out of there ok... No reason to hang out all night if you aren't having fun. Those places aren't my thing anyway.

In contrast, I just spent a few hours sitting on the bank at the lake with my daughter Ally. Didn't catch anything to speak of, she got a couple of bites and I caught a tiny gar... but it was a beautiful sunset watching the tiny crescent moon set, followed by a dark starlit sky and a cool breeze off the lake.
Now that sounds better, I miss getting away from everything, have to book a holiday soon. Never really see the stars here, too much light polution. I know how you feel on the fishing, could never catch anything, I think grenades were designed to assist the fishing inept like me. A friend when we were teenagers who was also useless at fishing did manage to catch a body once, think it put him off fishing as much as it did me swimming in that river.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Hmmmm, sounds nice. Maybe I can talk Jeff into a picnic by the lake after Church. I don't fish, but I like a nice quiet afternoon in the park by the lake.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laobi View Post
Lmao, I know the feeling. I hate clubs, always the same, desperate drunk antisocial muscle bound arseholes (usually jock types who are going to be in the closet until they have ruined the life of at least one woman) looking for either a **** or a fight and usually not too fussy if they get both from the same person. I could never dance (unless there was someone to dance on) so the only place I suffer boredom is clubs (no access to information to distract me and none of my stuff nearby).
The guys grabbing arses thing really makes me think it should be perfectly legal to have a moron hunting season, I don't believe in everyone having access to firearms or shooting wildlife for that matter, but I'd make an exception for the benifit of the gene pool and be first on the queue for that particular licence. I use a look I patented in my first profession which apparently says "I want to kill someone today, just about anyone will do" it generally keeps the genetic waste at bay. However I'm sure you didn't ask for a rant, so lets strategise:

When your friend next takes a bathroom break, don't make the mistake of joining the piss possy and going with her, instead sidle over to that charming articulate specimen of manhood that your friend is dry humping and say either of the following:

"Hey, let me get you a drink, I really appreciate what you're doing for Melanie!! Since the chlamydia infection she hasn't been going out, but you've really helped her get some confidence back, oh don't mention I said anything to her, she's still waiting on the HIV test results"

or

"Wow, you're so open minded, not like the other guys in this dive." which triggers the "oh how so?" response which should be followed by:

"Well, Melvin, ahem Melanie is still in transition, some of the other guys were really cruel to him...her, but don't her new breasts look great? And next month he's having the downstairs part fixed.. It's great that things like that don't bother you, you're such a great guy"

He'll disappear faster than a cake from a bulimic and you get to go home....

Tadaaa.
Wow, that's um......
Naa, I just called Jeff and while I waited for him, danced with her and her 'ape-man' and told her I was tired and going home.
I didn't want to sabotage her night, but I felt bad leaving her there. She seemed content in what she was doing, so.....I'll get a call later and she'll want to go into all the details about the rest of her night, I'm sure.
Really don't need to hear it, but hey, what are friends for?
If there's ever a girl, or girls that go out with us that I don't particularly like, I'll have to remember those....in fact: I know just the girl I would not feel guilty doing that to. LOL
As far as the 'grab-asses', I usually don't run into that. It just seemed there were a particularly large number of 'douches' there last night for whatever reason.
Usually we get treated with respect. Around here the bouncers don't just throw you out for something like that, they make sure you know exactly why you're getting thrown out, and send you home with a sore ass so you remember later.
I'm just glad I didn't drink, I think I might have punched him if I had been and we'd have both been thrown out and I'd have found myself in the parking lot along with the d**k head. I'm good at controlling my Italian temper, but when I've been drinking....noPe.
Thanks for the 'rant', it was entertaining this Sunday morning. I have to get dressed for Church. Later gators.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Now that sounds better, I miss getting away from everything, have to book a holiday soon. Never really see the stars here, too much light polution. I know how you feel on the fishing, could never catch anything, I think grenades were designed to assist the fishing inept like me. A friend when we were teenagers who was also useless at fishing did manage to catch a body once, think it put him off fishing as much as it did me swimming in that river.
I'm pretty lucky that my daughters like to go fishing... heck, they go without me sometimes. Sometimes you catch some, but most times we come home empty handed. Last weekend my daughter hooked a monster and she fought the fish for an hour and a half! I'm 45 and that has never happened to me... but the fish was so big we never got to see more than huge swells when it would get close to the bank and take off again stripping line off her reel. Finally wrapped around a tree trunk underwater and snapped the line.

Your friend caught a body? Yikes... that would be kind of freaky!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty lucky that my daughters like to go fishing... heck, they go without me sometimes. Sometimes you catch some, but most times we come home empty handed. Last weekend my daughter hooked a monster and she fought the fish for an hour and a half! I'm 45 and that has never happened to me... but the fish was so big we never got to see more than huge swells when it would get close to the bank and take off again stripping line off her reel. Finally wrapped around a tree trunk underwater and snapped the line.

Your friend caught a body? Yikes... that would be kind of freaky!

Ah that's fantastic that they share an interest if for no other reason than it gives opportunities to catch up. I don't feel so old now either, I'm 40 and the only large fish I ever encountered was a manowar that put me in hospital for 2 days.

Yes it was quite freaky, particularly as he thought he had caught a large pike at first, still remember the "oh this one's quite a fighter" he was leaning back away from the bank, I looked in and saw what was coming up, despite the shock I still managed a "you won't be cooking this one, Neil". Luckily for us it was some poor guy who had jumped in the previous day, at least that's what the cops thought. I also remember being kept there for hours while we filled out statements and the lift home we were promised by the cops never materialised so on top of everything we got in **** with our parents for being late.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Ah that's fantastic that they share an interest if for no other reason than it gives opportunities to catch up. I don't feel so old now either, I'm 40 and the only large fish I ever encountered was a manowar that put me in hospital for 2 days.

Yes it was quite freaky, particularly as he thought he had caught a large pike at first, still remember the "oh this one's quite a fighter" he was leaning back away from the bank, I looked in and saw what was coming up, despite the shock I still managed a "you won't be cooking this one, Neil". Luckily for us it was some poor guy who had jumped in the previous day, at least that's what the cops thought. I also remember being kept there for hours while we filled out statements and the lift home we were promised by the cops never materialised so on top of everything we got in **** with our parents for being late.
YIKES! ! ! !
That is Gnarly, I'd never fish again
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

A body? My God!
I'd be scarred for life!
Sorry you had to experience that.
Update: JUST got off the phone with Melanie, hadn't heard a peep from her all day....and she knows I have to get up at 6 so I'm a little peeved.......
Turns out, 'ape-man', as I referred to him before actually was an 'ape-man'.
She went home with him, (that always scares me) and she said when he took off his shirt she couldn't see any skin, ANYWHERE, he was so hairy. LOL
Anyway, I'll post more later, I think it's a slow day tomorrow at work so I should have time.
Night everyone.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Oh, and can you tell I kind of don't have a life at the moment? Giving 'reports' about my day on Jemsite..... yeesh.....
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianPCTech View Post
Oh, and can you tell I kind of don't have a life at the moment? Giving 'reports' about my day on Jemsite..... yeesh.....
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

My lack of a life is entertaining to you, GM???
J/K
Lunch report: Egg Salad Sammich and a fruit cup with a diet Sprite.
I won't post pictures of my lunch, I think that's totally ridiculous.
I'm posting here because my day today fits the title as well.
Slow day here in the office, only three patients scheduled all day since the doctor is over at the hospital doing procedures.
And those patients are just going to see the nurse for follow-ups.
So; in and out.
I'm reading Stephen King's 'The Stand'. Anyone here read that one?
It's LOOOONG, but it's keeping me interested.
Maybe there should be a 'book thread' on here. I'm sure lots of you guys are well read and could give some real insight, and have some good discussions about books you've read.
Or did I miss it and there already is one?
I guess I could just cut and paste most of this from here to my Facebook status.... not that I go on Facebook much.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 12:32 PM

Reviews: 4

Audiobooking the stand after I finish the Harry Potter series. I'm in book 6 of that now, and already DL'd the Stand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode