Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds - Page 2 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 03:33 PM

Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Paddles are for girls

If I had 600 ponies I'd still want 200 more. But bottom line is all of these have plenty enough power to get into trouble with. You could eat me on the track but I'll draw a bigger crowd at any cars and coffee

Not that I don't love Vette's, that's probably the best overall performance bang for the buck that exists, but 95% of all the Vettes I see are driven by 60+ year olds in the slow lane doing 65, which is just a waste of it's ability.

And, why would it be a weekend toy? Toys should be played with every day if you want to have the biggest smile
One of the main reasons for it being a weekend toy is it gets about 10 MPG.I put on a lot of hard miles on her over the weekend....My car is pretty mean looking as it's slammed which makes the wider bodied Z06 look crazy.....so far I have been to 190 mph but the top speed is faster.
Evil Z06 is online  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 03:42 PM
Vendor

I get 13mpg. You've got 100k in the ride and are worried about $2.69 a gallon?!

I only opened mine up once where I hit the onramp and it was completely clear, ran it to redline thru 4th up to 140 and the window was closing so I got out of it. Looked over at K who was just babbling along like nothing was happening and asked "didn't feel like 140 did it?", "No, " and back to babbling mind numbing drivel

190, better be closed course or deserted highway at 3am.
post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 03:52 PM

It was all legal....It was on a runway.....The 190 was doing a standing 1 mile run
Here is the video....I did it when I first got the car

Last edited by Evil Z06; 09-17-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Evil Z06 is online  
post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Vendor

That sounds like fun, I'd much rather have some twisties thrown in. I've been waiting for a software update before taking it down to NJMP [it's tried to commit suicide a couple times] but just noticed my fronts dry rotted like crazy in the last year. They've still got 5mm left but they are 7 years old. There was no rot when I bought it a year ago, babied sitting in climate controlled garages it's whole life.
post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Z06 View Post
It was all legal....It was on a runway.....The 190 was doing a standing 1 mile run
Here is the video....I did it when I first got the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEpX6lVpqA8
Wow! The speedometer needle never really slows down! I like Corvettes and it will be interesting to see what Chevrolet finally releases in terms of a ZR1 or the mid-engine Corvette. The ZR1 is not really a secret, especially when they drive caravans of them cars around town (I read Autoblog) but the mid-engine Corvette is still a bit of a mystery.

What model year is your Z06? What "adjustments" did you make to achieve 640 HP?
Formerly Given To Fly is online  
post #21 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
Wow! The speedometer needle never really slows down! I like Corvettes and it will be interesting to see what Chevrolet finally releases in terms of a ZR1 or the mid-engine Corvette. The ZR1 is not really a secret, especially when they drive caravans of them cars around town (I read Autoblog) but the mid-engine Corvette is still a bit of a mystery.

What model year is your Z06? What "adjustments" did you make to achieve 640 HP?
It's a 2009 and still in mint condition...some of the power mods is a decent sized Cam...long tube headers....cold air induction....ported intake....custom tune.Yes the way the cam is designed I have a lot of power on top where it keeps pulling....most fast cars almost stop accelerating when they get near their top speed.Hopefully soon I will be getting the new Z06 and then mod the hell out of it....The new ZR1 will be more of a track focused car.
Evil Z06 is online  
post #22 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Z06 View Post
It's a 2009 and still in mint condition...some of the power mods is a decent sized Cam...long tube headers....cold air induction....ported intake....custom tune.Yes the way the cam is designed I have a lot of power on top where it keeps pulling....most fast cars almost stop accelerating when they get near their top speed.Hopefully soon I will be getting the new Z06 and then mod the hell out of it....The new ZR1 will be more of a track focused car.
Very nice! I feel good that I still remember what all of that means...mostly.
post #23 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 01:33 AM

Quote:
What are you waiting for, it's not like you're not successful enough to justify it. Life is too damn short, if there's something you want, go get it, just be smart about it. I figured you'd at least be driving a Boxster, just tell me you're not in a mini van.
Man, I've become like the cheapest bastard lately. Just been investing in new businesses and saving up cash for the next recession so I can snag some juicy businesses cheap.
post #24 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 01:37 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Man, I've become like the cheapest bastard lately. Just been investing in new businesses and saving up cash for the next recession so I can snag some juicy businesses cheap.
Sp you are driving a mini van. That's just sad!
post #25 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Sp you are driving a mini van. That's just sad!
Just plebian merc.
post #26 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Chrysler, Honda, and Toyota each make one Mini-Van and I have no idea why. From what I remember, mini-vans are basically made to break. So, ironically, if you have enough children to warrant owning a mini-van and can afford the repairs, you are probably pretty wealthy.
post #27 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm sure Koenigsegg will have to counter with their own record breaker with the 1 to 1.
They did. https://youtu.be/R1g07RpTPFE
post #28 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Vendor

What took them so long?!

CRUSHED by 6 seconds! Looks like he was running out of tarmac fast.

Bugatti will need to shed a few pounds to play with the Egg.
post #29 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

And again: Koenigsegg Agera RS Achieves Multiple Production Car World Speed Records - Koenigsegg | Koenigsegg

This competition between Bugatti and Koenigsegg is actually pretty interesting and is what I consider to be "good competition." If you read the article, it was a customer that set the Koenigsegg test up in Nevada and it was the first time Koenigsegg had the opportunity to see what the Agera RS was capable of in real life. Bugatti is Volkswagen's halo brand and has access to Ehra-Lessien anytime they want, more or less. There is a "David and Goliath" element at play.

The interesting part is both companies focused on building an entirely better car than what came before it rather than throwing together parts with the hope their car will make it to 300 mph first. Koenigsegg does this through the evolution of previous models whereas Bugatti pretty much builds a better car from scratch, but both companies focus on building the best car they can, first, which usually leads to the proverbial "bar being raised." An example of that is Koenigsegg's ONE:1 crash at the Nurburgring: Koenigsegg Analysis Of Nurburgring Accident - Koenigsegg | Koenigsegg Not only did the driver survive, he was not hurt and went straight to work putting out the fire with the onboard fire extinguisher. I like that idea, having a future after a car crash. As opposed to electric, zero emission, self-driving cars that "won't crash."

Good Day!
post #30 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Vendor

Sorry, they'll both have bow down to the Hennessey Venom F5!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode