Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds - Page 3 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 885
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Sorry, they'll both have bow down to the Hennessey Venom F5!!
I think Hennessey is "throwing together parts with the hope their car will make it to 300 mph first." That is why I did not mention their new car. Also, using Bugatti's music for their own commercial is rather tacky, weird, and possibly illegal. I think it would cool if America had a legitimate supercar manufacturer, especially a competitive one, but I think many things would be cool.
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,490
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

Don't ever doubt what Henny can do

We've had plenty supercars, these are hypercars, there's another player start up in Texas? that looks to be serious.
Rich is offline  
post #33 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 885
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Don't ever doubt what Henny can do

We've had plenty supercars, these are hypercars, there's another player start up in Texas? that looks to be serious.
A startup hypercar company in Texas that looks to be serious? I hope you are right.
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
post #34 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 01:09 AM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,490
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

The "Texas" was the question mark. There is one, there are several others with prototypes. The boutique hyper car market is blistering. Anybody with a billion can play and there's no shortage of those guys!
Rich is offline  
post #35 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 885
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The "Texas" was the question mark. There is one, there are several others with prototypes. The boutique hypercar market is blistering. Anybody with a billion can play and there's no shortage of those guys!
When you say "boutique hypercar market" I assume you mean new companies, correct? Koenigsegg, Bugatti, Pagani, Lamborghini, and Ferrari (to some degree) do not really offer an options list, it's more of a conversation:
Client: "Can you do this?"
Car Manufacturer: "Yeah, I think we can make that happen."

These companies will not change the fundamental design of the car but they will listen to smart customer's idea, especially if it is for their car. It does not mean the idea will work or even be attempted, but they will listen.

Perhaps I am missing a newer company but starting a car company and actually producing a good, street legal car seems to require experience, time, and failure before they start to see success. However, if someone can offer something no one else has thought of, they can be from Texas.
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
post #36 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 11:18 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,490
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

There are lots of new companies, there are 2 from China coming from the electric side. And lets not leave Ford out, or AM with the Valkyrie, and you can surely expect something smoking from AMG, but there's [just in the last 3 months]
Glickenhaus is in NY
SCG003 C |
More Ittalians
Italdesign Automobili Speciali Zerouno
of course McLaren
McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo - gran-turismo.com

And that's without going into the converters which there seems no end to
Canada's Anibal Previews 920HP, Porsche 911-Based Supercar

Any one of these companies, and add in all the Roush and Saleens of the world and if any of them wants to put the resources to it, they could go chasing after the acceleration record too.
Rich is offline  
post #37 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 885
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
There are lots of new companies, there are 2 from China coming from the electric side. And lets not leave Ford out, or AM with the Valkyrie, and you can surely expect something smoking from AMG, but there's [just in the last 3 months]
Glickenhaus is in NY
SCG003 C |
More Ittalians
Italdesign Automobili Speciali Zerouno
of course McLaren
McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo - gran-turismo.com

And that's without going into the converters which there seems no end to
Canada's Anibal Previews 920HP, Porsche 911-Based Supercar

Any one of these companies, and add in all the Roush and Saleens of the world and if any of them wants to put the resources to it, they could go chasing after the acceleration record too.
The Saleen S7 was a cool car! You are right. I was not thinking of tuners but I do not consider AMG a tuner:
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
post #38 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 04:31 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,490
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

And Zagato just said "don't forget about us!"

Zagato's New IsoRivolta Vision Gran Turismo Unveiled - The Drive
Rich is offline  
post #39 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 885
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

I wonder how many customers there actually are for these cars. I do not recall the exact statistics of the average Bugatti owner but they own something like 33 cars, 3 jets, and a yacht. My guess is the other 32 cars are not Kia's.
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
post #40 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 01:43 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 503
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
I wonder how many customers there actually are for these cars. I do not recall the exact statistics of the average Bugatti owner but they own something like 33 cars, 3 jets, and a yacht. My guess is the other 32 cars are not Kia's.
IIRC cost by mile of running Veyron is more expensive then Cesna airplane, tires needs to be changed on very short basis, owner needs to check (by x-ray) wheels, searching for damage, and so on. One of my favorite videos is one from Top Gear when 'Captain Slow' is driving Veyron, his comments are hilarious.


Last edited by peromucho7; 11-15-2017 at 10:00 AM.
peromucho7 is offline  
post #41 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 885
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The boutique hypercar market is blistering. Anybody with a billion can play and there's no shortage of those guys!
It appears you are correct.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/16/...-engine-video/
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
post #42 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 885
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by peromucho7 View Post
IIRC cost by mile of running Veyron is more expensive then Cesna airplane, tires needs to be changed on very short basis, owner needs to check (by x-ray) wheels, searching for damage, and so on. One of my favorite videos is one from Top Gear when 'Captain Slow' is driving Veyron, his comments are hilarious.
I found the quote and it appears I was wrong about the number of cars they own...by quite a bit:

Quote:
“The clientele between Bentley and Bugatti is remarkably different,” Bentley CEO and Bugatti president Wolfgang Duerheimer told Bloomberg. “The Bentley customer on average owns 8 cars. The average Bugatti customer has about 84 cars, 3 jets and one yacht.”
This Is The Shocking Difference Between Bugatti And Bentley Owners - Business Insider
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
post #43 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 10:06 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,490
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

I can hear Tim the Tool man grunting from here.

https://www.stevemorrisengines.com/e...sme-devel-v-16
Rich is offline  
post #44 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: England
Posts: 6,953
Reviews: 1
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I can hear Tim the Tool man grunting from here.

https://www.stevemorrisengines.com/e...sme-devel-v-16
That V16 would use all the diesel in the UK on one 1/4 mile run! And (apart from VAG cars) we love our diesels over here!
jono is offline  
post #45 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 885
Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I can hear Tim the Tool man grunting from here.

https://www.stevemorrisengines.com/e...sme-devel-v-16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
That V16 would use all the diesel in the UK on one 1/4 mile run! And (apart from VAG cars) we love our diesels over here!
Devel also makes this, just in case there is some leftover diesel:
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/17/...-suv-revealed/
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 Seconds of Your Time for a Charity!? Stealthtastic Off-topic / Miscellaneous 6 01-31-2013 02:04 PM
windows xp pauses for 1 sec, every 5 seconds SilverSurfer2 Off-topic / Miscellaneous 33 09-09-2007 02:07 PM
Factory seconds martyfriedman86 Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk 3 06-07-2007 01:55 PM
This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between searches. Please try again in 42 Jaden Off-topic / Miscellaneous 21 11-03-2006 03:17 PM
ten seconds of fame jimjim Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 7 10-30-2004 05:18 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome