Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds - Page 3 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Re: Bugatti Chiron, 0-400-0, 42 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Sorry, they'll both have bow down to the Hennessey Venom F5!!
I think Hennessey is "throwing together parts with the hope their car will make it to 300 mph first." That is why I did not mention their new car. Also, using Bugatti's music for their own commercial is rather tacky, weird, and possibly illegal. I think it would cool if America had a legitimate supercar manufacturer, especially a competitive one, but I think many things would be cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Vendor

Don't ever doubt what Henny can do

We've had plenty supercars, these are hypercars, there's another player start up in Texas? that looks to be serious.
post #33 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Don't ever doubt what Henny can do

We've had plenty supercars, these are hypercars, there's another player start up in Texas? that looks to be serious.
A startup hypercar company in Texas that looks to be serious? I hope you are right.
post #34 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 01:09 AM
Vendor

The "Texas" was the question mark. There is one, there are several others with prototypes. The boutique hyper car market is blistering. Anybody with a billion can play and there's no shortage of those guys!
post #35 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The "Texas" was the question mark. There is one, there are several others with prototypes. The boutique hypercar market is blistering. Anybody with a billion can play and there's no shortage of those guys!
When you say "boutique hypercar market" I assume you mean new companies, correct? Koenigsegg, Bugatti, Pagani, Lamborghini, and Ferrari (to some degree) do not really offer an options list, it's more of a conversation:
Client: "Can you do this?"
Car Manufacturer: "Yeah, I think we can make that happen."

These companies will not change the fundamental design of the car but they will listen to smart customer's idea, especially if it is for their car. It does not mean the idea will work or even be attempted, but they will listen.

Perhaps I am missing a newer company but starting a car company and actually producing a good, street legal car seems to require experience, time, and failure before they start to see success. However, if someone can offer something no one else has thought of, they can be from Texas.
post #36 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 11:18 PM
Vendor

There are lots of new companies, there are 2 from China coming from the electric side. And lets not leave Ford out, or AM with the Valkyrie, and you can surely expect something smoking from AMG, but there's [just in the last 3 months]
Glickenhaus is in NY
SCG003 C |
More Ittalians
Italdesign Automobili Speciali Zerouno
of course McLaren
McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo - gran-turismo.com

And that's without going into the converters which there seems no end to
Canada's Anibal Previews 920HP, Porsche 911-Based Supercar

Any one of these companies, and add in all the Roush and Saleens of the world and if any of them wants to put the resources to it, they could go chasing after the acceleration record too.
post #37 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
There are lots of new companies, there are 2 from China coming from the electric side. And lets not leave Ford out, or AM with the Valkyrie, and you can surely expect something smoking from AMG, but there's [just in the last 3 months]
Glickenhaus is in NY
SCG003 C |
More Ittalians
Italdesign Automobili Speciali Zerouno
of course McLaren
McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo - gran-turismo.com

And that's without going into the converters which there seems no end to
Canada's Anibal Previews 920HP, Porsche 911-Based Supercar

Any one of these companies, and add in all the Roush and Saleens of the world and if any of them wants to put the resources to it, they could go chasing after the acceleration record too.
The Saleen S7 was a cool car! You are right. I was not thinking of tuners but I do not consider AMG a tuner:
post #38 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 04:31 PM
Vendor

And Zagato just said "don't forget about us!"

Zagato's New IsoRivolta Vision Gran Turismo Unveiled - The Drive
post #39 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-14-2017, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

I wonder how many customers there actually are for these cars. I do not recall the exact statistics of the average Bugatti owner but they own something like 33 cars, 3 jets, and a yacht. My guess is the other 32 cars are not Kia's.
post #40 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
I wonder how many customers there actually are for these cars. I do not recall the exact statistics of the average Bugatti owner but they own something like 33 cars, 3 jets, and a yacht. My guess is the other 32 cars are not Kia's.
IIRC cost by mile of running Veyron is more expensive then Cesna airplane, tires needs to be changed on very short basis, owner needs to check (by x-ray) wheels, searching for damage, and so on. One of my favorite videos is one from Top Gear when 'Captain Slow' is driving Veyron, his comments are hilarious.

Last edited by peromucho7; 11-15-2017 at 10:00 AM.
post #41 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The boutique hypercar market is blistering. Anybody with a billion can play and there's no shortage of those guys!
It appears you are correct.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/16/...-engine-video/
post #42 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peromucho7 View Post
IIRC cost by mile of running Veyron is more expensive then Cesna airplane, tires needs to be changed on very short basis, owner needs to check (by x-ray) wheels, searching for damage, and so on. One of my favorite videos is one from Top Gear when 'Captain Slow' is driving Veyron, his comments are hilarious.
I found the quote and it appears I was wrong about the number of cars they own...by quite a bit:

Quote:
“The clientele between Bentley and Bugatti is remarkably different,” Bentley CEO and Bugatti president Wolfgang Duerheimer told Bloomberg. “The Bentley customer on average owns 8 cars. The average Bugatti customer has about 84 cars, 3 jets and one yacht.”
This Is The Shocking Difference Between Bugatti And Bentley Owners - Business Insider
post #43 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 10:06 PM
Vendor

I can hear Tim the Tool man grunting from here.

https://www.stevemorrisengines.com/e...sme-devel-v-16
post #44 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:

That V16 would use all the diesel in the UK on one 1/4 mile run! And (apart from VAG cars) we love our diesels over here!
post #45 of 70 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
That V16 would use all the diesel in the UK on one 1/4 mile run! And (apart from VAG cars) we love our diesels over here!
Devel also makes this, just in case there is some leftover diesel:
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/17/...-suv-revealed/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode