Buying from Japan - Page 2 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 08:17 PM

Re: Buying from Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Ignore anything listed on ebay from Japan. You'll see the same guitar listed 20 times by 20 different sellers.

One of your sellers has 9700 listings and the other 6500. There is no guitar dealer in the world with 6500 guitars in stock.

They take any guitar listed on any of the japanese dealers websites and they relist them on ebay with a healthy upcharge. Some of those could be years old, it's not like anybody is keeping track if any of their 9700 listings have been sold, until somebody buys it and they have to.

I've seen some listing flat out say the guitar shown may not be the one you receive.
This.

@FireEagle

If you want to know about how to get guitars from the Japanese market, ask ME. I can find the original shops that have them and look into things for you.
peromucho7, mike570 and Hoseki like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
This.

@FireEagle

If you want to know about how to get guitars from the Japanese market, ask ME. I can find the original shops that have them and look into things for you.

Hey man, thanks for the offer! That would be awesome to have a trusted person over there to check out a guitar in person... I'll holler at you if I ever find one over there I just have to have. As for now, I'm just going to hang on to my money and maybe someday get an inexpensive basswood RG, buy an H-S pickguard, and load it with what I want. I have too many guitars already... lol. Hope all is well, hadn't seen you on here much lately.
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Hey man, thanks for the offer! That would be awesome to have a trusted person over there to check out a guitar in person... I'll holler at you if I ever find one over there I just have to have. As for now, I'm just going to hang on to my money and maybe someday get an inexpensive basswood RG, buy an H-S pickguard, and load it with what I want. I have too many guitars already... lol. Hope all is well, hadn't seen you on here much lately.
yeah been on a warpath on SS.org bashing Jeff Kiesel

My recent recital finished, I used my JB200 this year because I got a Jason Becker Kiss t shirt and I wanted the guitar and shirt to match, but my real love is my RGR580 and RG550RF. I got rid of a Charvel CRR-068 for a Cobran F-G2 yesterday and I'm digging the hell out of it. I still consider my two go-tos to be my 550 and 580 though. For standard tuning I have the RG5000 and the Cobran, but I'm thinking of dropping the Cobran to Eb so my only E standard is the 5000, to make me use it lol
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Still swimming in awesome guitars, I see! I literally had to google 3 guitars you mentioned... lol. Cobrans look like nice guitars, although probably pretty hard to find outside of Japan. It sure is nice to have multiple guitars for different tunings, especially if you are into locking tremolos (but who isn't?). I usually keep most in std E, one in drop D, one in D std lately for some old Floyd I was messing with, and one in Eb, but the solid bridge guitars are easy to change tunings. I just need to thin them out and not buy more... lol. I know how it goes though, if I sell a few I'll roll that extra $$ into a https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php...custom_24_2018 I got to play a new S2 Custom 22 a few weeks ago and fell in love with the feel. I don't really need a '76 LP, an SZ320, and a PRS though. My go to guitar is still the old '89 540S... stock pickups and all!
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Still swimming in awesome guitars, I see! I literally had to google 3 guitars you mentioned... lol. Cobrans look like nice guitars, although probably pretty hard to find outside of Japan. It sure is nice to have multiple guitars for different tunings, especially if you are into locking tremolos (but who isn't?). I usually keep most in std E, one in drop D, one in D std lately for some old Floyd I was messing with, and one in Eb, but the solid bridge guitars are easy to change tunings. I just need to thin them out and not buy more... lol. I know how it goes though, if I sell a few I'll roll that extra $$ into a https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php...custom_24_2018 I got to play a new S2 Custom 22 a few weeks ago and fell in love with the feel. I don't really need a '76 LP, an SZ320, and a PRS though. My go to guitar is still the old '89 540S... stock pickups and all!
Well actually, I'm down to 5 guitars and there's room to drop one more and the only one I'd be willing to drop is the RG5000. I had too many and now that I'm back to Ibanez as my main, i feel so much better.
FireEagle and Hoseki like this.
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 01:51 AM

Quote:
...now that I'm back to Ibanez as my main, i feel so much better.
Welcome back!
I've been Ibanez only for years now but had a PRS Cu22 for a couple years and finally gave up and sold it. Nothing but JEM, RG and S now for me. All with LoPro and no ZR of course.
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
Welcome back!
I've been Ibanez only for years now but had a PRS Cu22 for a couple years and finally gave up and sold it. Nothing but JEM, RG and S now for me. All with LoPro and no ZR of course.
I own two non-Ibanezes, a Carvin JB200 and the Cobran F-G2 I mentioned earlier. I play my RGR580 and RG550RF the most, as the are the 2 most comfortable guitars I own, and i'm tired of the JB200 since i've had to use it non stop for months to prepare for my recital at the guitar school I take lessons at. The Cobran I brought home a couple days ago and it's just as good as any MIJ guitar out there, which is why I'm still having my honeymoon phase with it right now, but I still make my Ibbies #1.
FireEagle likes this.
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
yeah been on a warpath on SS.org bashing Jeff Kiesel
I'm sure you're a hit over there. That ax must be so sharp at this point you can probably shave with it.
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
I'm sure you're a hit over there. That ax must be so sharp at this point you can probably shave with it.
Well, at least I got it out of my system now, and back to guitar companies whose owners dont sit and bash anything that isn't their product
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 09:38 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Well, at least I got it out of my system now, and back to guitar companies whose owners dont sit and bash anything that isn't their product
truly bashing? Anecdotally the biggest complaining i see about Jeff K are from those who don't culturally jibe with his style (or PC beyond recovery)... or from those who gladly paying more for similar axes with their fave logo (of no better quality and offering no customer options). Carvin/K were never going to be McDonalds like Ibanez is & couldn't get the Disney-Happy-Meal-Endorsement level signature artist. No harm in that YMMV.

The carvin i had back in '84 had stainless frets though LOL
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
truly bashing? Anecdotally the biggest complaining i see about Jeff K are from those who don't culturally jibe with his style (or PC beyond recovery)... or from those who gladly paying more for similar axes with their fave logo (of no better quality and offering no customer options). Carvin/K were never going to be McDonalds like Ibanez is & couldn't get the Disney-Happy-Meal-Endorsement level signature artist. No harm in that YMMV.

The carvin i had back in '84 had stainless frets though LOL
Indirect backhands at "Asian" guitar makers who make "inferior" products because they are cheaply made. He specifically used the words Asian, putting MIJ stuff and MIC stuff in the same pot, and we all know that MIJ and MIC are VERY different levels of quality. He stopped doing it afaik, but I stopped watching his livestreams because he's such a pompous ass so I dont know if he still pulls that crap or not.
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 10:55 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Indirect backhands at "Asian" guitar makers who make "inferior" products because they are cheaply made. He specifically used the words Asian, putting MIJ stuff and MIC stuff in the same pot, and we all know that MIJ and MIC are VERY different levels of quality. He stopped doing it afaik, but I stopped watching his livestreams because he's such a pompous ass so I dont know if he still pulls that crap or not.
Buyers and players generally look down upon MIJ, MII, MIC, MIK, etc. guitars. The market settles this. No harm no foul there & credit to anyone for accepting this even if they disagree.

However you just called someone - that you've never met or spoke to - a derogatory term. Can you maybe see how ironic & silly that is.

Pompous ass... who cares? Steve Jobs was a pompous ass. Saint Obama... yup... anyone general in public eye fits that bill.

Is the guy a capable guitar builder/CEO/owner? Yes sir.
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Buyers and players generally look down upon MII, MIC, MIK, etc. guitars.
FIFY

I'm included in the group who is less than excited about Korea, China or Indonesian make, but Japan has been highly regarded for at least the last couple of decades now. I love my Japanese guitars.
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

I agree, you can't just lump all "Asian" guitars into one category. Japanese made guitars have always been good quality, with Korean not far behind (from my experiences with a few guitars). The rest are hit and miss, best to put your hands on the instrument before buying if possible.
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Buyers and players generally look down upon MIJ, MII, MIC, MIK, etc. guitars. The market settles this. No harm no foul there & credit to anyone for accepting this even if they disagree.

However you just called someone - that you've never met or spoke to - a derogatory term. Can you maybe see how ironic & silly that is.

Pompous ass... who cares? Steve Jobs was a pompous ass. Saint Obama... yup... anyone general in public eye fits that bill.

Is the guy a capable guitar builder/CEO/owner? Yes sir.
Yep, and I stand by my comments. There was a time for about a year or two where almost every live stream Jeff managed to throw shade at "Asian" guitars. He took a picture of Ibanez guys looking at his basses a few years ago and acted like they were stealing "his" designs. So yeah, he deserves as much shade as he gets.

Tags
ibanez japan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode