Buying from Japan - Page 4 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 09:11 AM

Re: Buying from Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
What, I worked for it.
Free money doesnt mean you worked for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Free money doesnt mean you worked for it
Well the discussion of whether playing music equates with work would be a different issue altogether, but when I'm paid for playing a gig I still think of it as working for a living.
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
Well the discussion of whether playing music equates with work would be a different issue altogether, but when I'm paid for playing a gig I still think of it as working for a living.
You said you found some old envelopes you were going to throw away but looked inside and found money. You did not imply where it may have come from. I think that is the source of the confusion.
MatiasTolkki likes this.
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
You said you found some old envelopes you were going to throw away but looked inside and found money. You did not imply where it may have come from. I think that is the source of the confusion.
Yeah, basically the equivalent of finding a paycheck that never got cashed. Glad I didn't throw them away!
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 10:13 PM

On the topic of “buying from Japan,” Universal Music is using Japan as a test market for something called the MQA-CD. MQA is a high resolution audio format that adapts to the users playback system. If you have a CD player, you get CD quality audio. If you have a universal disc player that can playback anything, you will hear a recording at 32bit/384kHz assuming the master recording was made at that bit depth and sample rate. Anyways, Japan is the only country where these MQA-CD’s are available at the moment and I was curious if anyone living in Japan has heard of these or bought one? The MQA-CD is a niche product that is being tested in one market. I found out about it today by chance. MQA audio has been around for a few years, but never in a physical format.
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
On the topic of “buying from Japan,” Universal Music is using Japan as a test market for something called the MQA-CD. MQA is a high resolution audio format that adapts to the users playback system. If you have a CD player, you get CD quality audio. If you have a universal disc player that can playback anything, you will hear a recording at 32bit/384kHz assuming the master recording was made at that bit depth and sample rate. Anyways, Japan is the only country where these MQA-CD’s are available at the moment and I was curious if anyone living in Japan has heard of these or bought one? The MQA-CD is a niche product that is being tested in one market. I found out about it today by chance. MQA audio has been around for a few years, but never in a physical format.
never heard of it, but I'll stop by yodobashi camera over the weekend and check it out.
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
never heard of it, but I'll stop by yodobashi camera over the weekend and check it out.
Here is what I am talking about, for reference:
MQA

Tags
ibanez japan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode