Can you get a guitar shop to stock a guitar just to try it? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Question Can you get a guitar shop to stock a guitar just to try it?

Hi guys!
I am desperatly craving a guitar to put in Eb for my shred and general 80s uses haha, the gunslinger retro has SERIOUSLY caught my eye, Original floyd, super distortion, maple fretboard, bright yellow, reverse headstock - Awesome!

But i need to play one before i decide to order,

no shops in Melbourne seem to have this guitar, and ive spoken to my closest BC rich dealer who says they can order it IF i want to buy it.

I think i probably want to buy it but i need to make sure the neck feels good.

I was thinking i could get a whole lot of my friends to ring the store and request the guitar in store so maybe they would bring one in if there was enough interest, but this is a bit dishonest.

I need a guitar for Eb by march to play a whole heap of songs at a wedding but i really want one sooner.

What do i do?
I dont want to buy without playing.....
Im stuck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 05:10 AM

Reviews: 25
Re: Can you get a guitar shop to stock a guitar just to try it?

Your first problem is your trying to buy a guitar in melbourne.... WRONG !!!!! :P

Your gona pay double maybe triple the worth of the guitar, and your not even gona be able to try it before you buy it.

I dont know much about the model your wanting, but if it is a high end guitar, then you dont really have any worries. Im sure its going to be a quality guitar....

I personaly wouldn't buy it unless I played it first... but if your dying to have it, you can always buy it use it, and then sell it for a small loss. At least that way you get to own it for a little while, sell it make a loss and cop the loss as payment for using the guitar for the time you did...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the reply and I know it sucks to buy in melbourne lol.

The guitar is a bit of a wildcard, its retail price is only $1000 AUD and it has original floyd,real dimarzio, however, it is make in korea, which puts me off a little.

The buy, then possibly sell idea would be good but i dont know if there is much of a market for it.

Thanks for your input.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 08:33 AM

Good luck, I would not buy it without trying it.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:11 PM

Reviews: 18

How many guitars do you own? If you own more than 1, then use what you have and save yourself some money. If you don't, then I'd rearrange the songs you're trying to play at this wedding or simply tune your guitar to Eb and play everything in Eb. Not to be a smart azz about it but, your logic regarding the reason why you need a new guitar isn't the greatest IMO.

Jimmy
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

thanks jb4764 i appreciate what your saying, i know i could get by with my 570, but i really want to blow some cash on a guitar to permanently keep in eb mostly to play along with cds to try to figure them out. have a good one
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Banned

will one of your mates not lend you a guitar for the wedding ????.saves buying one
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 09:45 PM

Dude cant you tell he is gassing like a heroin addict. He just wants to buy a guitar..... :P
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

gasgasgaswhoooooooooooooooooooo!

Tags
bc rich gunslinger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode