Car Park Dent - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Car Park Dent

Just needed a moan.

I parked my car in a car park and have noticed a dent in the passenger door, looks like someone opened their door into my car. The electic window no longer works. Nothing was caught on camera.

I just wished folks could either be more careful with other peoples' property or be man enough to leave a note to offer to pay for the damage. Not a biggie, but i'll have to take it to the dealership to be fixed which is a couple of hours out of the office.

I've only ever made one collision, I skidded on black ice into a brand new Mercedes at a hotel car park (at a bout 5 mph, but still enough to tade paint). I manned up, left a note with the hotel reception, and had my insurance company pay for the damage (hell it's why I pay insurance). Common courtesy - a thing of the past I guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 AM

Re: Car Park Dent

Sorry to hear it. Don't let it get you too far down--plenty of good folks still out there.

Peace

Mike
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Common courtesy - a thing of the past I guess
That along with common sense are things of the past.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 12:46 PM

That's terrible!! Whoever did it knew that they caused damage and just took off. That sucks but doesn't surprise me one bit in this day and age. I hate even having to be in social situations because people have just gotten so damn rude and belligerent.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

I get door dings all the time, even when I try to park farther away. What I really hate, is people that leave their shopping carts in the lot after they leave--then the carts roll into the side of my car.

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks guys, it's good to know that I'm not the only one and the support is exactly what I needed on this
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:22 PM

Reviews: 2

Hey Jono: I'll bet the only reason there was no note, was that the guilty person was most likely uninsured. If that's the case, be glad he didn't leave a note or you'd have to deal with that nightmare as well...... (I'm assuming your insurance laws work relatively the same as they do here)
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:23 PM

Just one more thing that pushes you to the edge of society and ruins your day.

Even worse is the purposeful damage I get done to my car . Its a nice car but I more or less built the thing myself to make it what it is ... have to be really careful where I park the damned thing .
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
site founder 0% owner

That is highly annoying! Sadly some people are so self-absorbed and/or stupid they just don't notice they've dinged your car. I've seen people side-swipe others and really not notice. Something similar actually happened to me... some young teen driver was tailgating me and bumped me at a stoplight. no frikin' clue ... glen
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:30 PM

Reviews: 2

The sad question is....Has life always been this way or has it really gotten worse over the years??? Like most of you, I see so much "indifference" and lack of personal responsibility in the world today (it's increased exponentially over the last decade) that I'm forced to ask: "Has it always been this way and I was just oblivious to it when I was younger?"
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
The sad question is....Has life always been this way or has it really gotten worse over the years??? Like most of you, I see so much "indifference" and lack of personal responsibility in the world today (it's increased exponentially over the last decade) that I'm forced to ask: "Has it always been this way and I was just oblivious to it when I was younger?"
Its getting worse . It seems the faster life gets so does the decay
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
It's this spoon-fed generation, and can be traced back to the removal of corporal punishment in schools.

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:37 PM

I hate that. I have two nice big door dings on my truck. Every time I buy a new vehical I know it's just a matter of time until I get one.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
It's this spoon-fed generation, and can be traced back to the removal of corporal punishment in schools.
I blame the internet myself. And Sylvester Stallone movies!
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
I blame the internet myself. And Sylvester Stallone movies!
Someone needs to ask Chuck Norris to fix this...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode