Car smashed into Glasgow Airport - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Car smashed into Glasgow Airport

If you've seen the news recently, you may be aware of this dreadful happening.

So, to this day, why is it that the incompetent police are dealing with terrorism? Isn't terrorism a form of declared war? Shouldn't this be dealt with my the Ministy Of Defence? Army? SAS?......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:38 PM

Re: Car smashed into Glasgow Airport

In most modern countries it is unconstitutional for the military to be used domestically. That is called 'Martial Law'.
post #3 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Well personally, I think that what the terrorists are doing is warfare, coming here setting off bombs etc. Where do you draw the line at deciding when an attack is actually war? When they bring a city to the ground?

Terrorism is a form of war, they are trying to kill masses, that should be dealt with in the manner it deserves.
post #4 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:52 PM

I agree that what is happening is an act of war. But who is the enemy? Would you declare war on a religion? It isn't a particular country that we are fighting, it is an ideology.

BTW, anyone participating in this thread (including myself) needs to tread very lightly.
post #5 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
I agree that what is happening is an act of war. But who is the enemy? Would you declare war on a religion?
Religion? Erm, I never said that, I said 'terrorism'. Terrorism must stop and it won't with leniency and political correctness.
post #6 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:58 PM

I am surprised that there is not a LOT more of these kind of attacks.
post #7 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant1981 View Post
Religion? Erm, I never said that, I said 'terrorism'. Terrorism must stop and it won't with leniency and political correctness.
You can't do it with bombs and violence. That only leads to more of the same.
post #8 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
BTW, anyone participating in this thread (including myself) needs to tread very lightly.

Well see how long she lasts!! (I'm betting not long at all )

And it IS about religion. A hatred from one towards another.

Sad, but it seems that if you take money (in its many forms) and religion out of the equation, the term WAR would not even be known!

Last edited by JJEMMER777; 06-30-2007 at 03:10 PM.
post #9 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti View Post
You can't do it with bombs and violence. That only leads to more of the same.
Not if done right, sending the forces in doesn't mean they have to go in gun ho like some do. Just make the presence known and be there. We can't carry on like this, letting this happen, when will it end?
post #10 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant1981 View Post
Terrorism in it's current state is being caused by religious ideology. The problem is that they don't put on uniforms and hold formations, get on line, and march into the attack. They are sitting in an apartment somewhere right now as we speak deciding when and where for the next one.

Again, using the military on home soil is 'Martial Law' and forbidden by most constitutions. You have intelligence agencies, police, all kinds of people trying to fight this. But of course as soon as the government starts wiretapping phones (in the US I mean) everyone complains their civil liberties are being violated. Everybody wants something done, and then when something is done, rights have been violated and they have to stop. I'm not saying I want 'Big Brother' watching me or listening to my calls either, but in the current situation it is all that can be done to prevent this type of thing.
post #11 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Military on home soil being Martial Law, so we're just going to go down and die are we? Never 'allowed' to defend ourselves. Wasn't like this in WW2. If we took the 'martial law' attitude, then we would have given up what we have all becuase of 'martial law' political correctness.

Be it caused by religion or not, doesn't make it right and certainly doesn't mean we should be lenient towards it. The intelligence and police are a joke who are incapable of preventing it and incapable or reacting to it effienctly, timely and sucessfully.
post #12 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post

Well see how long she lasts!! (I'm betting not long at all )

And it IS about religion. A hatred from one towards another.

Ok, well let's not talk about religion. Let's NOT.

I'm not wishing to discuss religion, only wishing to discuss preventing this war we have at home, no matter what their 'reason' is for it, it is NOT reasonable and should not be excused.
post #13 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 03:16 PM

Ant, if you're talkin terrorism, you're going to be talking religion!

Plain and simple!! In order to prevent something, you have to understand WHY it is happening!

Leave it to you
post #14 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 03:16 PM

Ant, I understand what you are saying, but your WWII analogy doesn't fit here. You knew who you were fighting in that one. Do you know who you are fighting now? That's the whole point of terrorism. Do you know any? Who exactly would you like the military or whoever to go and get????
post #15 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Who do you think? What are the police doing about it then? These attacks just keep coming. What are we going to do? Where will it end?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to get a guitar through airport customs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode