Cars... What do you drive, what do you lust after (etc) - Page 2 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 05:31 PM

Re: Cars... What do you drive, what do you lust after (etc)

Not bad, Rich. Not bad at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 06:05 PM
Vendor

She's got a little Kardashian in her but it's in all the right places.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time searching 7 different listing sites multiple times a day for the right car that checked all my boxes. Flew to Florida to buy one over the summer, wasn't a good car. So few of them come on the market, specifically 09'-11' [4.7L but before they added the front splitter] stick, coupe [they're mostly paddle shift roadsters], sport package, low miles, meticulous service history, condition, gentleman driven, and in a light color. I was specifically looking for silver or white but was open to anything light. This 5900 mile car popped up in Boise 8 months into the hunt and finally checked all the boxes, with the bonus of having a cool story.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=9067

It was then purchased by this Rich, who I bought it from

https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-belluzzo-91b3a88

And now it's little old MINE's!

We'll see if I can afford to drive it. The day after it came off the truck I found out it needed a clutch. Nothing cheap about this one. It'll definitely cut down on my collecting habits for sure!
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 01:15 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

that's a nice ride Rich give the NJ state troopers hell LOL
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 03:43 PM
Banned

I feel in love with Ford Fusion Sport, i rented it once when my Mustang was in a shop, after i sold my mustang and got the fusion, amazing car
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
that's a nice ride Rich give the NJ state troopers hell LOL
I have to wait 2 weeks till I can get tickets again from the suspension last November, so driving home from Summit when I pick it up from service, I'll be on good behavior. November, all bets are off, I have a 297 exemption I can use to get out of jail
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Just invest in some nice suits and pretend to be a British secret agent!?!?!
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Vendor

That gives me a license to kill, not speed in NJ!
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 04:05 PM

I'll bring the suits and the accent. You bring the car
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 10:34 PM
Vendor

You'll have to bring them to this side of the pond

Barely jumped on it leaving the dealer today with the service manager in the car and ran her sideways about 50 yards. These rear shoes are not going to last long. And it's just dangerously easy to go 80 to 130 in a blink. [I wasn't exactly on my best behavior] The new V12 clutch feels awesome, but, it now has alot of extra chatter out of the transaxle in neutral with the clutch out ;/
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 10:56 PM

Rich, it does my heart good to see you with an Aston Martin. I was shopping for one when I decided to buy the UV77's from you, which were paid for by raiding my Aston Martin fund. So I'm glad to say it's money well spent by both of us.

Eventually I'll join the club.

For now I have a white 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR. I really like it. Its fun to drive, does good in all weather and can haul 5 people when needed.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 11:13 PM
Vendor

I have been lusting for a Vantage since I first saw them in 2006. I called my good friend and [pretty much] partner in Ibanez crime at the time [my source for all things Ibanez out of Chesbro, Rob Curci, Spotlight Music]. I told him he had to check this out!. He has a dealer 30 miles north, went up there that day and the GDMF!!! bought one! He was still in the strip mall expanding the biz so he mortgaged the house, which was actually the smart way to do it for him. Talk about envy. And then in 2011 his dealer called to tell him the first V12 had come in, and he went and traded the 06 in and bought a Carbon Edition!! GDMF!!! In 2008 I parked next to one at Satch, Glenside PA and I've just never been able to shake the bug. These cars are so beautiful, like swirls, pictures just do not do them justice.

I should have gotten serious years ago but I get distracted easily. But time had come, I'd look every now and then and the prices were really starting to get attractive. Bought the Buyers Guide to ***lord Era [can't say g a y, forgot] to hone in on exactly what I was after and started the hunt. If I had waited too much longer those 09-11's were going to start getting much higher mile so I may have put the cart before the horses, but, there's 430 of them that make me smile when I lay the hammer down.

Don't put it off. Check the cost of ownership [insurance, maintenance, etc], buy the ***lord Guide, and start shopping. DCU Federal Credit Union if you're at 750+ you can get 1.74%, [mine at 2.29 ;/] and up to 7 years. They're giving money away again [which means look at, you know what happened the last time!]

They have plenty of quirks, I'm not sure my passenger powerfold mirror has returned to the same spot twice [about to disable it] but OMG I now have the best sound system I've ever heard with the exception of a pair of Senheiser studio headphones from the 60's and old friend of mine had. This this is incredible. I banged it off the rev limited because I had the stereo so loud I couldn't hear the revs
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 12:47 PM

2012 Tundra Crewmax, and I just hit 100k the other day. It still looks, smells, and acts just like the day I got it.

Last edited by jaxadam; 11-04-2016 at 12:43 PM.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don1Gibson View Post

TVR Sagaris

So this is my keeper car. It's a beast, but the best car I have ever owned. Strictly for the purist and the driver... Definitely keeps the physiotherapist busy if it's been a long trip! 1000kg, 450bhp from a 4 litre straight six. No traction control, no ABS, no airbags, crash protection of a wet fart. Modified - the slats all work and give downforce, a few other bits and pieces. Rare as well - less than 200 made. That makes the Ferrari Enzo twice more common than this.
That Sagaris is beautiful!!! A proper car, congratulations!

I had a Cerbera 4.2 for five years, made the mistake of selling it when I was a bit depressed and not really thinking staight. I regret that decision every day as it was also meant to be my keeper car. Luckily the current owner is going to give me first refusal when he decides to sell it. I am looking forward to the day it comes home. Incredible car. The 300zx parked behind the Cerb was my Mum's, a UK Twin Turbo LWB...

Wish I had stood further back to take this photo- 300zx (Mum's), Ninja ZX-R Powered Track Toy belonged to a friend, Impreza WRX on the road (my brothers) and my Cerb in the background..

And my VX220 2.2 NA. Another keeper. Lots of fun and incredibly cheap to run. Always liked the idea of the Lotus Elise but never liked the look of it. This was the compromise, much better looking imo.

post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 06:27 PM

Here is my modded C6 Z06....Is she fast check out the video of me doing a standing 1 mile run....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEpX6lVpqA8
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:27 PM

Sweet ride.

Always wanted a beefed up Jeep for rock crawling.

Tags
cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode