Cars... What do you drive, what do you lust after (etc) - Page 3 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 04:03 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Cars... What do you drive, what do you lust after (etc)

Still driving my 2004 Acura TL, she's got 250k+ miles on her, I maintain her well and have had to give her a little more tlc as of late, but considering I have always driven that car like I stole it, and she's still runs like she kept most of her ponies, I love this car.
This pic was right after I polished the headlights, they were completely hazed from years of rocks and bugs hitting them.

The next one I am seriously considering is:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
The next one I am seriously considering is:
I love my 2016 STI, they've just stopped importing them into the UK now as they interfere with the new "fleet emissions" regulations for Subaru. I will probably have this one as long as it's engine holds up (chocolate pistons in them apparently) it's such an involving and analogue driving experience and makes short work of anything the winter weather throws at it.

Plus I get to hoon around like I'm Colin McRae
bammbamm likes this.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 02:45 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
Still driving my 2004 Acura TL, she's got 250k+ miles on her, I maintain her well and have had to give her a little more tlc as of late, but considering I have always driven that car like I stole it, and she's still runs like she kept most of her ponies, I love this car.
This pic was right after I polished the headlights, they were completely hazed from years of rocks and bugs hitting them.
Most marriages don't last that long. I think it's time to stop thinking and go get a new toy
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 09:01 AM

Well after the rollercoaster ride I have been on involving my own personal business and a con man of a partner, My marriage almost didnt last, so, once my finances are sorted, I will be getting a new toy, but for now, we throw nickels and dines at the TL.

Chocolate pistons, Jono, seriously? I oike to drive my cars and enjoy them, if I need to rebuild the motor after 50,000 miles, I wont be the happiest of campers.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 12:29 PM

The insurance premiums on the STI here (and I'm guessing this is universal) are so hilariously high because people my age have a reputation for buying them and doing stupid things.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

im not sure of the details, but the hatchback and later generations have allegedly had problems with ring land failure on piston 3 I think it is. Other folks say that with proper maintenance and sensible mods, you'll be fine...

The NASIOC forum has a lot of opinions on it. I decided last year that if I didn't get one, I never will because Europe is moving away from this sort of car full stop. People here tend to prefer things like soft touch interior plastics over tractions and handling, and with the STI seemingly pouring nerve gas straight out of its tailpipes I knew they wouldn't last in our market place.

I test drove every one of its direct competitors before making my choice, this car feels a lot more 'mechanical' than any of its rivals which all seem kind of 'digital' in comparison.
bammbamm likes this.

Last edited by jono; 11-12-2017 at 06:01 PM.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 10:46 PM

I am cruising their forum to see what I can learn about the cars, more.
I am with you on something with a natural feel to it.
I want the 2014, hatch as that was the last year they made it, so hopefully I can find one that hasn't been too abused.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 12:15 AM
Vendor

I don't see many of those driven by little old laddies on Sundays.

They're build to be driven hard and hard you should always expect. Abused is when they let service go an extra year. Just make sure it has complete service history. 14's will be coming off lease now, and of course watch out for Texas history!
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I don't see many of those driven by little old laddies on Sundays.

They're build to be driven hard and hard you should always expect. Abused is when they let service go an extra year. Just make sure it has complete service history. 14's will be coming off lease now, and of course watch out for Texas history!
Flood vehicles have already permiated the market, itís a little scary.
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 11:47 PM
Vendor

There's always flood victims, usually in places that don't flood. Houston cars go to the west coast, Sandy cars go to Ohio, you just have to check the history to know where it's lived, and if it's lived any recent known flood zones just avoid it completely.
bammbamm likes this.

Tags
cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode