carvin.com - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

carvin.com

Has changed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 03:02 AM

Re: carvin.com

noted...

also Ibanez.com also changed the default.
Now everytime I go to ibanez.com, it will automatically direct me to asia portal.
So I can't see any longer the US market, european , and japan domestic..

So uncool ibanez... so uncool...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 03:27 AM

Yep. Carvin is doing INTL orders without dealers now too. Jeff Kiesel (Carvin's owner) is very dedicated to doing what customers ask of them.

Canadians have an issue with UPS as UPS charges us stupid brokerage fees, so Jeff changed to FedEx for us, very cool!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Has changed...
whoa!!

Now the only site that hasn't changed is Ibanezrules.com!!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 08:55 AM

It does it for me too, I'm in the U.S.A.

I'd say they're migrating their websites, they'll fix it in a couple of weeks I'd guess.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 10:27 AM

Their site works fine for me... although it's new and different. Some sick finishes on the Keisel customs!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Their site works fine for me... although it's new and different. Some sick finishes on the Keisel customs!
I have liked plenty of the major guitar makers on facebook and Carvin, by far, is the most remarkably active page! I am just awe struck at what they are making and posting there everyday!

Ibanez, being the brand they are, have nearly zero FB presence!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 08:17 AM

Reviews: 21

I like that Ibanez.com autodirects to the right region. You can still look at other regions by going to the very bottom and hitting the "Change Region" box.
Yeah, Carvin and Seymour Duncan are by far the most active companies on my Facebook and social media. Ibanez and Dimarzio are pretty sad in that regard.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warrioR View Post
I have liked plenty of the major guitar makers on facebook and Carvin, by far, is the most remarkably active page! I am just awe struck at what they are making and posting there everyday!

Ibanez, being the brand they are, have nearly zero FB presence!
That said, don't a lot of grown ups have nearly zero FB presence?

I'm half joking, but most of my peers, well educated (usually grad school) above average earners, especially the men, don't even have a facebook account, let alone one with a lot of activity on it.

Maybe Ibanez see Facebook as a way of keeping in touch with friends and family, rather than an advertising stream?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post

I'm half joking, but most of my peers, well educated (usually grad school) above average earners, especially the men, don't even have a facebook account, let alone one with a lot of activity on it.

Maybe Ibanez see Facebook as a way of keeping in touch with friends and family, rather than an advertising stream?
Maybe professionals are more worried about social media missteps or being judged, fairly or unfairly, on their opinions? I know a few on facebook but they tend to keep it light and stay away from potentially controversial topics.
That aside.... it is a great way for companies to reach their target audience. I'm not a huge Seymour Duncan guy but some of their facebook posts have pretty good information. And the Kiesel stuff from Carvin on my page is absolutely gorgeous! If I weren't a dyed in the wool Ibanez guy, and pretty well fixed for guitars, I'd definitely pick one up!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 09:45 AM

I think having a social media presence these days just makes good business sense. It is a free advertising stream. A lot of people are already on FB so posting cool stuff on there is a good idea. I too read the carvin FB page and the guitar finishes are really pretty to look at.

I do follow Ibanez's instagram feed but it is not nearly as active as the carvin one.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 10:29 AM

Seymour Duncan replies to you QUICK too! I noted how I loved the Frankenstrat pickup but didn't like that it wasn't f-spaced or four wired. They responded with a suggestion within minutes.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 05:19 AM
Banned

Dimarzio support and professionalism is top. Second comes EMG.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panix View Post
Dimarzio support and professionalism is top. Second comes EMG.
The company, yes, but this is about social media and websites.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post

Ibanez Japan is busting their balls to promote Roadcores on FB. I see pics all the time.

Tags
carvin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode