cheap airfare? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

cheap airfare?

i'm home on break for about 2 weeks and my friend in atlanta decided last minute that she wants to stay up here in buffalo with me for a few days, sometime within those 2 weeks.
anyone have tips on finding some deals on airfare? it is kind of late to be looking for tickets, so prices havent been to friendly

this is tough, competing with the world cup thread, but hopefully someone will get a a chance to see this haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 02:18 PM

Re: cheap airfare?

try priceline.com or similar
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 07:26 PM

Looks like about $600 round trip? Do you or any friends or family members have frequent flyer miles they can use to get a round trip ticket?

The only other thing that I have done, although not reliable at all: call the reservation lines and find out how full a flight is. If there are a lot of open seats, you can sometimes buy cheap tickets at the terminal right before the plane starts boarding.

Why not rent a car and road trip? You can spend a few days seeing the sites along the east coast. The whole point of a break is to forget your schedules and commitments and enjoy yourself.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 07:43 PM

I fly A LOT, and I fly Southwest all of the time. I've flown 8 times this month alone.

If she doesn't mind flying out of Birmingham, you can get a $300 round trip ticket with advance notice. It's only a two hour drive from Atlanta to Birmingham.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys, but i guess her director at work let her use his frequent flyer miles! all set
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 06:35 PM

Was that because I suggested it?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 07:11 PM

Frequent flier miles are the bomb, I just got my flight tomorrow upgraded to First Class at no extra charge (but it cost me 30,000 miles!).
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
Was that because I suggested it?

haha, sorry kirk, she had gotten the tickets before i even had the chance to check these replies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode