In the christmas mood yet? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

In the christmas mood yet?

Got to say I didn't feel it at all until the other day when I realised it was less than a week away and didn't have all my presents bought!

Probably doesn't help that I don't have to wait until christmas these days for the latest video game

Finally feeling it now though since my nephews are all finishing school today for 2 weeks, so I'm sort of living my christmases (christmai?) through those guys.

Looking forward to some rest, relaxtion, a few beers, nice food, a bit of shredding and spending my time with those guys. It's been a hellish year for me personally, so to be able to sit back and stick a middle-finger to it over the holidays should be great and to look forward to a fresh start in a year that's gonna be AWESOME. I know for a fact some of you guys feel the same way about this year.

I'll hold off on the 'Merry Christmas' until the day though. Too early yet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 09:14 AM

Re: In the christmas mood yet?

I have just started to get into the Christmas Buzz! I know Our lass has got me some pretty decent stuff, including a Boss GT8, So I am pretty excited then of course there is my son Lennon, I can't wait to see the Little spawn of Satan opening his presents.

I love Christmas!

Hell, I am even playing 'Step Into Christmas' right now.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 09:23 AM

Reviews: 4

It's time for everyone to get out their Twisted Sister "Twisted Christmas" cd and crank it up!!!!

Last edited by jl2556; 12-21-2007 at 09:32 AM.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 09:30 AM

It's Merry Axemas time again!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 09:35 AM

I'm starting to feel it, we've gone overboard on all of our decorations this year so that helps I guess I can't wait to spend time with my family that I only see once a year. This year has probably been the worst of my life, I can't wait to put that all behind me and look forward to the new beginnings of 2008.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 10:25 AM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton View Post
This year has probably been the worst of my life, I can't wait to put that all behind me and look forward to the new beginnings of 2008.
Yeah, me too bro...keep your head up because like my buddy told me
"It can't suck forever" I've been doin' a lot of praying lately and
I'll put in a good word for you to the *man upstairs*......
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 10:39 AM

I've been so damn busy with other things that I'm making a big effort to get into the "christmas mode" starting today and finishing up shopping before I get into my busy weekend.

It has been a rough year on my end for the most part with fleeting moments of happiness. I did pickup quite a few new axes this year (x3 RG20ths, SZ4020, RGT3020, IC400, ESP EC1000, RG2006-2; sold the ESP and 1 RG20th).

Just remember when things get rough what my Dad use to tell me, "And this too will pass".

Happy Holidays everyone!!!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 10:54 AM

I'm getting there. Christmas just kind of came up and bit me in the a$$ this year. Where did the time go? When I was a kid it took forever to get here.

Oh, I'm off all week next week.

777 posts ~~>
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
I'm making a big effort to get into the "christmas mode"
Ummmmmmm.......would this be Ionian, or maybe mixolydian
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem View Post
Ummmmmmm.......would this be Ionian, or maybe mixolydian
Chrimbodian
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 11:57 AM

Reviews: 1

yep! i'm definitley in the mood now. i've finished work for 2 weeks, the boys have just got home and this afternoon me and the wife wrapped ALL the pressies.

CHRISTMAS? BRING IT ON!!
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 12:01 PM

Happy Christmas everybody !!!!

I've finished work until 2nd Jan - woohoo !!!!
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Banned

answer to title... no
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Dee

^^ As above.

And I hate Christmas songs.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

To be honest, I hate the stress leading up to christmas. I dont mean to sound like Scrooge but it's true! All this fuss for one day and don't even get me started on the Nintendo Wii fiasco over here. Cash Generators have been selling them for £350... that's nearly DOUBLE the price because they're sold out everywhere else. The have a payment scheme and all the parents with low-incomes that have kids gasping for one will end up buying one, getting ripped off (and most likely getting into debt) in the process. Happy holidays you bastards.

Then there is the fact that in pubs and bars and stuff, everyone is hugging each other and buying each other drinks... that's great, but does it really have to be christmas for people to act that way? Although there is the other side of the coin where as the people that only rarely drink get absolutely wasted (because they aren't used to the pace) and start fights for no reason.

To me, christmas is about the kids now, nothing more. Like I said earlier though, at least I can use this chance to get recharged and ready for a year that has GOT to be better than this one.

I do love the decorations and lights though. You can't beat the smell of a real christmas tree either

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

christmas time is here transcription
what did u get for christmas present

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode