The Christmas Thread - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

The Christmas Thread

Every year, it seems someone starts a thread showing what they have got or are getting for Christmas. I thought I would start this years, showing what I gave to my girlfriend.
Now mind you, I'm not much of a bird person, but this little guy is cute. He is a four month old Quaker Parrot.....with attitude! (don't mind the hair in the shot...seems to be his favorite place)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Re: The Christmas Thread

Just a small disclaimer to those who may be thinking of giving a pet as a gift. My girlfriend had two C*ckatiels, one of which died last year. I know she had been wanting another bird and she actually went to the pet store and picked this guy out.
Just didn't want there to be any confusion.

Last edited by Distantshore; 12-17-2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Jemsite thought the worst of me :)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:00 AM

that guy is really cool. great gift! we're not exchanging this year due to $$ but i did get my mom a canon point and shoot elf camera. we all agreed to only get the kids something this year. gets us all off the hook and i don't need anything anyway. Christmas is so much nicer when you aren't looking at it through wishlists and riots at the stores...but i'm waiting for summer!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:36 AM

My wife and I are not exchanging gifts (except for a DVD each) this year due to her being laid off and collecting unemployment. We got the kids a few gifts and our kids exchange with their cousins.

Financially, we are going to be OK without tapping into savings or home equity accounts, unless one of the cars or an appliance need major repairs. Denise was in the mortgage / title insurance business for the past 20+ years, so she's having a tough time finding work in her field of experience.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:47 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: The Christmas Thread

My wife usually buys me some bullsh!t type present that most dudes would love, but I just always need more musical stuff...

I bought my wife a beautiful $$$$ ring $$$$ this year and told her the Jason Becker model and a guitar to be named later (most likely the Brian Moore i9-13, if I can ever get there when they're open) were going to be my presents. She was cool with that so we're finally good this year...Then she went out and got tickets to Cheech and Chong in Reading, PA as well...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:56 AM

ScottB, good luck man. i hear ya...rough everywhere. we barely made it with me being unemployed for 7 months, which seemed like an eternity. i was lucky to find work recently or we would have been done. i wish you luck.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmaster View Post
that guy is really cool. great gift! we're not exchanging this year due to $$ but i did get my mom a canon point and shoot elf camera. we all agreed to only get the kids something this year. gets us all off the hook and i don't need anything anyway. Christmas is so much nicer when you aren't looking at it through wishlists and riots at the stores...but i'm waiting for summer!
Thanks Steve. Yeah we weren't going to do gifts for each other this year either, but I got a little overtime the past few weeks, and we already had the cage from the old bird and food from our current, so it wasn't to bad on the wallet.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post
My wife usually buys me some bullsh!t type present that most dudes would love, but I just always need more musical stuff...

I bought my wife a beautiful $$$$ ring $$$$ this year and told her the Jason Becker model and a guitar to be named later (most likely the Brian Moore i9-13, if I can ever get there when they're open) were going to be my presents. She was cool with that so we're finally good this year...Then she went out and got tickets to Cheech and Chong in Reading, PA as well...
Nice - my wife and I work out the same kind of thing - much easier that way. And you got Cheech and Chong tickets - sweet...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantshore View Post
Every year, it seems someone starts a thread showing what they have got or are getting for Christmas. I thought I would start this years, showing what I gave to my girlfriend.
Now mind you, I'm not much of a bird person, but this little guy is cute. He is a four month old Quaker Parrot.....with attitude! (don't mind the hair in the shot...seems to be his favorite place)

ive always had birds until recently.racing pigeons won me stcks of cash and trophys lol.ive just got rid 2 zebra finches and 2 love birds.the finches were no bother but those love birds gggrrr very anoying especially first light screaming there heads off,tried placing a dark sheet over the cage but no good.my mother has a african grey, talks n sings all day its not very freindly though bit my finger other week,tell you what it is it really hurts lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode