Circus is in my town. My plan to free the Elephants - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Angry Circus is in my town. My plan to free the Elephants

Check out. I hope the ringling brothers circus burns. Does anyone want to come help me hijack the elephant trailers? cause this really makes me angry. I would really like to see those trainers slowly die by an elephant foot.

http://www.circuses.com/ The video makes me want to bash that guys f*cking face in.

Stuff here is unconcievably evil. I had a passion for elephants when i visited Laos, and got to see them in thier natural environment. I got to touch them and talk to them, and there is such a sense of honor, intelligence, peacefulness and great presense being close to such massive souls. In south east asia, elephants are extremely honored creatures, and to see them in South Texas, painted, chained, and beaten into doing unnatural acts, really breaks my heart more than anything else. Please boycott these bastards, and help these poor creatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 01:53 AM

Re: Circus is in my town. My plan to free the Elephants

I know how you feel thep, I've touch and fool around with elephants everytime I go over to thailand for holiday, they're just adorable creature, they'll play around with you, I agree animal is not our entertainment, I even screw my neighbour for chaining their dog all the time, it's sad actually
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 08:00 AM

Yeah it's not right.
post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 08:58 AM

I'd imagine that if there were criminal actions, they would have shut these circuses down a long time ago. I don't know about where you live, but here in the states there are laws that protect animals. We even have special local police teams that deal specifically with even the smallest of animals.

I am not knocking your point of view, just providing my own, and I personally enjoy the circus including the animal acts.
post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom View Post
...I even screw my neighbour for chaining their dog all the time, it's sad actually
Damn Tom, that's a pretty severe penalty...
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 09:13 AM

Don't try to rescue the elephants. Although really cool animals, they can easily crush people when spooked, or even crowds of people, they are one of the most dangerous animals on the planet. You wouldn't want that to happen, even if it was there abusive owners. Because life in a supermax federal jail would suck some serious ass.
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom View Post
I've touch and fool around with elephants everytime I go over to thailand for holiday
AHAHAHAHA.....
post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 10:21 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

alot of zoos and circus' face similar opposition but what is a better fate though... an elephant in the circus fairly well treated & fed or an elephant hunted and left for dead by poachers for it's tusks? ...glen
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
alot of zoos and circus' face similar opposition but what is a better fate though... an elephant in the circus fairly well treated & fed or an elephant hunted and left for dead by poachers for it's tusks? ...glen
Did you see the videos? You think that is "fairly well" treatment? Elephants are not pain tolerant, by the way, and a prick to thier trunk can make them cry, with tears, just like humans.That's not too much better than being left dead. How about a sactuary or even a zoo where they can walk 20 yards?
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
Don't try to rescue the elephants. Although really cool animals, they can easily crush people when spooked, or even crowds of people, they are one of the most dangerous animals on the planet. You wouldn't want that to happen, even if it was there abusive owners. Because life in a supermax federal jail would suck some serious ass.

Well, they will be in trailers and chained, maybe even drugged, so I don't think rampaging elephants will be a problem. I'll dress up like a clown so nobody will know. Don't rat me out!
post #11 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Thep View Post
Well, they will be in trailers and chained, maybe even drugged, so I don't think rampaging elephants will be a problem. I'll dress up like a clown so nobody will know. Don't rat me out!
you better wish that prison has internet connection. We would like to hear your in-person experience rather than some lame reporter showing it live on CNN.
post #12 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Thep View Post
ever heard of something called incriminating evidence?, im all for the support and protection of animal rights but as other have said this may not be the right way to go about it.
post #13 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 12:26 PM

Yeah, the bottom line is they are screwed. They very likely can not be returned to the wild, especially if they have been in captivity since birth or very young. Just out of curiosity, what would you do with them if you broke them out? Or should I say what would you do with the carcasses after they trample 10 people to death and get "put down"?
post #14 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 01:05 PM

Best way to deal with this issue is to bring it to light with the public. Gather as much info as you can and take videos if you are able to. Send the videos to local news and other media outlets. The media loves homemade videos of stuff like this. Things like this have to be done in numbers and not in violence. You will be surprised how many people will be sympathetic to this cause.
post #15 of 77 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 01:28 PM

That was a horrible video....!!! I had to stop it about twenty seconds into it.. The smartest idea, even though I TOTALLY understand that you want to rescue them, is to report them to the police or an animal protection program. Call 311: the police, but the NON emergency number... See what happens with that. See if you can set up an apointment to speak with someone in PERSON. It will make much more of an impression that way. Get your facts together, use resources, make sure to CITE the resources, so when you get to the police officer or whoever you are going to speak to, you have your facts straight and don't just look like an agry person. Depending on what this brings, you may be able to get newscasters involved, TV stations involved, and you could possibly get the circus "carnies" to spill their side of it.

If you passionately want to help these animals, then go for it!!!!!

~ Katrina

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode