Ibanez JEM Forum banner

C'mon Ted, Gimme a Break

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Clonetool 
#1 ·
Okay, so we all know by now that the Nuge tends to make an ass of himself every chance he gets (which is part of what makes him such a bad ass), but this just wasn't cool.

"Yes, and you know what, Martin, I don't know how you can convey this in your article. I'm sure you will do it with some sincerity and aplomb, but I watched the VAN HALEN press conference on the Internet. And I just have nothing but glowing admiration for Alex, just a superlative virtuoso, and Eddie, maybe one of the top two or three musical geniuses who ever lived, and David is just the quintessential showman, clever guy, great vocalist, true soulful rocker. But there's Eddie's son - is he only like... what, 17?! And he's got blubber?! The kid is fat. And I'll tell you why. The same abandonment - which is the number one crime against your soul - the abandonment of discipline that allows Eddie to rationalize smoking cigarettes, or all those years of the drugs and the alcohol. It's the same abandonment of parental discipline that allows his own child to become unhealthy and blubberous. And I find that just damnable. If I was his dad, I would put that motherf**ker on a treadmill and I would watch what Mr. Hand is bringing up to Mr. Fat Face.

http://www.hardradio.com/views/nugent2-2.php3

I think Ted is absolutely right, for the record. Everybody's eating habits are repulsive, nowadays (specifically in the States), but naming names (especially when the person you're calling out is 16), is just uncalled for, really. It may just be me, since I'm a huge Van Halen fan, though.

Wolfie: C'mon Ted, gimme a break!

Ted: One br... No, bitch! Treadmill!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.