Covid, and you. - Page 5 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-10-2020, 07:00 PM

Re: Covid, and you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
Here's one I don't quite get either: We went to lunch today, and they were taking temps at the door, which is a great idea. What isn't a great idea is when someone comes in, and they repeatedly are in the red, and they take their temp over and over and over and wipe the gun and wipe their forehead until they barely drop into the orange (still 100+ degrees). Then they seated them. Boy I feel better.
A buddy sent me a video earlier, he was walking through London at about 10:30pm (so the pubs are closed) and the streets are literally packed with people on a night out, like walking through a mid day festival with no distancing and very few masks. I'm in Wales, everything is on "local" lockdown here and we're not allowed to really mix at all as per the rules, meanwhile in London the most densely populated area in the country they are partying like tinned sardines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2020, 01:03 AM

If anyone is in need of some levity, South Park's Pandemic Special might be worth watching. It's free, it's ridiculous, and it's funny enough. There is also "Make Love, Not Warcraft" which is always fun and free.
https://southpark.cc.com
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBazz View Post
A buddy sent me a video earlier, he was walking through London at about 10:30pm (so the pubs are closed) and the streets are literally packed with people on a night out, like walking through a mid day festival with no distancing and very few masks. I'm in Wales, everything is on "local" lockdown here and we're not allowed to really mix at all as per the rules, meanwhile in London the most densely populated area in the country they are partying like tinned sardines.
Does Wales have to adhere to the “Rule of Six” and 3-Tier System of rules? Forgive my confusion, I just know there are variations of the rules depending on where you live.
post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-19-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
Does Wales have to adhere to the “Rule of Six” and 3-Tier System of rules? Forgive my confusion, I just know there are variations of the rules depending on where you live.
We didn't have a tiered system but all of South Wales has been on "local" lockdown for a while, you're only allowed to leave your county for work or school but you're not allowed to shop or eat in other counties. We had a rule of 6 but also not allowed to mix households, at pubs/restaurants no mixing between different households at the same table. As of Friday this week they are increasing restrictions though, two weeks of effectively full lockdown again with non-essential businesses closing.

Unsure if the tiered system will happen in Wales, I've not seen anything about it but our restrictions have for a while already been much more strict than those in England.
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-20-2020, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBazz View Post
We didn't have a tiered system but all of South Wales has been on "local" lockdown for a while, you're only allowed to leave your county for work or school but you're not allowed to shop or eat in other counties. We had a rule of 6 but also not allowed to mix households, at pubs/restaurants no mixing between different households at the same table. As of Friday this week they are increasing restrictions though, two weeks of effectively full lockdown again with non-essential businesses closing.

Unsure if the tiered system will happen in Wales, I've not seen anything about it but our restrictions have for a while already been much more strict than those in England.
Thank you for the clarification. I hope the 2 week full lockdown accomplishes its goal.

Tags
covid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode