Covid, and you. - Page 5 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

 40Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-10-2020, 07:00 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 406
Re: Covid, and you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
Here's one I don't quite get either: We went to lunch today, and they were taking temps at the door, which is a great idea. What isn't a great idea is when someone comes in, and they repeatedly are in the red, and they take their temp over and over and over and wipe the gun and wipe their forehead until they barely drop into the orange (still 100+ degrees). Then they seated them. Boy I feel better.
A buddy sent me a video earlier, he was walking through London at about 10:30pm (so the pubs are closed) and the streets are literally packed with people on a night out, like walking through a mid day festival with no distancing and very few masks. I'm in Wales, everything is on "local" lockdown here and we're not allowed to really mix at all as per the rules, meanwhile in London the most densely populated area in the country they are partying like tinned sardines.
BigBazz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-12-2020, 01:03 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Severance, CO
Posts: 1,214
Re: Covid, and you.

If anyone is in need of some levity, South Park's Pandemic Special might be worth watching. It's free, it's ridiculous, and it's funny enough. There is also "Make Love, Not Warcraft" which is always fun and free.
https://southpark.cc.com
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
post #63 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 07:18 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Severance, CO
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBazz View Post
A buddy sent me a video earlier, he was walking through London at about 10:30pm (so the pubs are closed) and the streets are literally packed with people on a night out, like walking through a mid day festival with no distancing and very few masks. I'm in Wales, everything is on "local" lockdown here and we're not allowed to really mix at all as per the rules, meanwhile in London the most densely populated area in the country they are partying like tinned sardines.
Does Wales have to adhere to the “Rule of Six” and 3-Tier System of rules? Forgive my confusion, I just know there are variations of the rules depending on where you live.
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
post #64 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-19-2020, 10:06 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 406
Re: Covid, and you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
Does Wales have to adhere to the “Rule of Six” and 3-Tier System of rules? Forgive my confusion, I just know there are variations of the rules depending on where you live.
We didn't have a tiered system but all of South Wales has been on "local" lockdown for a while, you're only allowed to leave your county for work or school but you're not allowed to shop or eat in other counties. We had a rule of 6 but also not allowed to mix households, at pubs/restaurants no mixing between different households at the same table. As of Friday this week they are increasing restrictions though, two weeks of effectively full lockdown again with non-essential businesses closing.

Unsure if the tiered system will happen in Wales, I've not seen anything about it but our restrictions have for a while already been much more strict than those in England.
BigBazz is offline  
post #65 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-20-2020, 02:35 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Severance, CO
Posts: 1,214
Re: Covid, and you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBazz View Post
We didn't have a tiered system but all of South Wales has been on "local" lockdown for a while, you're only allowed to leave your county for work or school but you're not allowed to shop or eat in other counties. We had a rule of 6 but also not allowed to mix households, at pubs/restaurants no mixing between different households at the same table. As of Friday this week they are increasing restrictions though, two weeks of effectively full lockdown again with non-essential businesses closing.

Unsure if the tiered system will happen in Wales, I've not seen anything about it but our restrictions have for a while already been much more strict than those in England.
Thank you for the clarification. I hope the 2 week full lockdown accomplishes its goal.
Formerly Given To Fly is offline  
Reply

Tags
covid

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome