Crazy guitarist tales - Page 2 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 08:52 AM

Re: Crazy guitarist tales

Ok well this one time I was taking care of my Uncle's farm for him and me and some of my cousins went out to the junkyard to get rid of some trash. When we got there, I spotted a Gibson Les Paul just sitting there, the only thing that appeared wrong with it was it was missing the bridge pickup. So I thought "It's worth a try" and went over to get it. But one of my cousins sprints over and grabs the guitar, and then smashed it on the ground, snapping the neck in half. I stood there shocked as he chucked it onto a big pile of rubbish. I'm not a big fan of Gibson Les Pauls (22 frets? Are you crazy?) but a lot of people are and I don't think smashing it was exactly motivated. Crazy cousins!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

I'd of picked him up and smashed him on the ground if I were you
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Contributor

Reviews: 1

I thought this post was about crazy antics done by guitar players....

Then I'd be able to tell you about the groupie and the road crew story, or maybe the story about the groupies in the hotel room and the crayfish.......

...or the one about the doberman's and the pigmy....

or about the 'contests' we used to have between sets.....

Oh well, since this thread is not about those type of stories, I'll have to pass..

-jemaholic
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 12:47 PM

I bought a used car once, my father who has played guitar all his life decided to test out the cigarete lighter. He pushed it in and when it popped he looked at it, it was not red, so he touched his fingertip on the coil to see if it was hot (I don't know what he was thinking). There was a loud sizzleing sound, smoke started to rise from his finger and he didn't feel a thing. Good calluces.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
Yeah the guy used 0.13s. Ouch!

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea
Yeah, his finally got him down to playing 11s in the end.

Regards

André

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
Which Ace live has told the story of, and it spawned the penning of "Shock Me", appropriately.

I saw him live in a lil hole in the wall place in Joliet, IL. (just for fun tour) and I swear to you, he was 9 sheets to the wind, but he still put on a good show. He looked as ripped out of his skull as anyone I've ever seen. Best line all night "Anyone here been in prison?...***Crickets***
No?...
Well I have, It sucks!... This is BREAKOUT !"

He did all the stuff with the burning pickup guitar solo, etc.
Probably the loudest show ever experienced by me. My ears were ringing 2 days after (and I wore earplugs).

Regards

André

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic View Post
I thought this post was about crazy antics done by guitar players....

Then I'd be able to tell you about the groupie and the road crew story, or maybe the story about the groupies in the hotel room and the crayfish.......

...or the one about the doberman's and the pigmy....

or about the 'contests' we used to have between sets.....

Oh well, since this thread is not about those type of stories, I'll have to pass..

-jemaholic
Well it's crazy... and your a guitarist... so it's relevant

Rotti, what did your dad do to get such hard fingers? does he play?
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 04:52 PM

Yeah, 50+ years of guitar playing adds up.

Tags
ace frehley , bridge pickup , gauge strings , gibson les paul , gibson les pauls , guitar players , guitar playing , guthrie govan , les paul , les pauls , randy rhoads , ray vaughan , squier strat , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode