Crossing into Canada - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Crossing into Canada

I'm going to Canada for the very first time and I have a couple questions. I hear a lot of stories of the Border Patrol denying entry and being real personal when corssing in. What should I expect crossing into Canada? Also, I'll be in Windsor Ontario, if anyone is from here I'd love to know what some fun stuff to do would be...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:00 PM

Reviews: 26
Re: Crossing into Canada

Expect bad weed and great beer, lots of French speaking people, and otherwise a lot of nice Canadian people.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

What are the weed laws up there?
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:15 PM

Reviews: 3

actually, in Windsor, you probably wont find any french people, thats not until you get around Ottawa. the myth that we say eh all the time is true, so dont be shocked not sure about the border patrol, but when me, my sister and parents went to the states, all they wanted was our passports, and looked inside the van. 30 seconds later, we're in the states. when will you be getting here, and for how long?
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:16 PM

idk, about the weed laws, i dont smoke it, but cops dont do anything im pretty sure, but maybe its just my town. but it's illegal.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:19 PM

if you want to go to a great music store, go to long and mcquade, there is one in windsor, i love it, great friendly staff, decent prices
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBZshredder View Post
actually, in Windsor, you probably wont find any french people, thats not until you get around Ottawa. the myth that we say eh all the time is true, so dont be shocked not sure about the border patrol, but when me, my sister and parents went to the states, all they wanted was our passports, and looked inside the van. 30 seconds later, we're in the states. when will you be getting here, and for how long?
I'll be there for a day or two. Nothing major. Just always wanted to go. I'm actually a little Canadian nut down here. Always admired the country. I have a huge 3x5 Canadian flag in my room, drink Molson, own two team Canada shirts, etc. I know one thing I won't look like a tourist. Just hope they let me back in the states :O lol
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:28 PM

lol, well ive lived here my whole life, and i think you'll like it. people here are fairly friendly.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

I really wanna check it out. Any idea what there is to do Windsor at all?
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:30 PM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
Expect bad weed and great beer, lots of French speaking people, and otherwise a lot of nice Canadian people.
yes Canadian beer is great....I love beer...I believe that beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

As far as border patrol goes, I've never been through Windsor but I live only 3 miles from the Washington border crossing and I go down there a lot to ski and hike at Mt. Baker and I find that the Canadian border folks are less intimidating than the US border folks...the US border patrol officers are not very friendly at all and they all have guns and I've had my vehicle searched on several occasoins, whereas I've never had my vehicle searched coming back in to Canada and the Canadian boder guards seem less intimidating and intense...

too bad you aren't coming out to the west coast - the Vancouver area is sooooo nice with the mountains and Pacific Ocean...maybe someday you can come out this way. I hope you enjoy your visit to Canada

Last edited by doriangrey; 03-21-2011 at 06:41 PM.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:33 PM

no sorry, not sure what there is to do. ive never been there, i live about an hours drive from toronto
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Toronto, theres a place I'd wanna go, Go Leafs!
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:36 PM

the downtown is sweet. there is the hockey hall of fame. id love to live downdown Toronto when im older, my little town is so boring
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Well soon I'll be sippin' Molson and trying Poutine for the first time. I have a strong feeling I'll fit in just well.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:43 PM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_UV777 View Post
Well soon I'll be sippin' Molson and trying Poutine for the first time. I have a strong feeling I'll fit in just well.
sounds like you will IBZshredder's idea is perfect - visiting the hockey hall of fame is a great idea ! I've always wanted to go there...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode