The Danica 500 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Talking The Danica 500

So im watching what I hoped would be the indy 500 and alls I hear is danica danica danica danica danica danica danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica,danica danica!!!!

Are there any other drivers in this race? Arent there former winners and champions in this race? You could never tell by all the coverage of danica patrick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 06:49 PM

Re: The Danica 500

She's hot. I'd do her before I'd do any of the other drivers.

In case she's also a hot guitarist who checks the board, i meant that with the utmost respect
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 04:23 AM

On the one hand, she's brought back some of the waning interest in IRL. On the other hand, ENOUGH WITH DANICA ALREADY!!!
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 11:22 PM

What's an IRL?

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 11:38 PM

What else is there to talk about, it's a bunch of people driving in circles for hours. It almost makes Coldplay exciting.........ok that was mean.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
What else is there to talk about, it's a bunch of people driving in circles for hours. It almost makes Coldplay exciting.........ok that was mean.
We could start a thread on how this season's final episode of the Sopranos will turn out. After next Sundays season finale, we'll have to wait until mid-winter of '07 for the final 8 episodes to air.

Oh, that's right, we were supposed to be chatting about racing.

I've never gotten into the IRL. I watched NASCAR religiously from '89 until about '02. Nowadays, I turn the race on when there are 50 laps or less remaining. The 4, 5 and 6 car teams have ruined it for me.

Here's how to make the IRL more exciting:

1) Put some fenders on the dang cars.

2) Run at Daytona, Talladega and Bristol!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd111
On the one hand, she's brought back some of the waning interest in IRL. On the other hand, ENOUGH WITH DANICA ALREADY!!!
What's an IRL?
Normally, on the internet, "IRL" means "In Real Life" (as opposed to "on the internet.")

In this case, I'm skeptical. Well, unless "watching TV" counts as "In real life."
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 12:23 AM

I missed it all. Whew.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 08:03 PM

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantoms

Got to say...it is hard to argue with that!!! I would much prefer to see her on the cover than Hornish!!!

All kidding aside, Patrick is not responsible for most of the media hype. She is taking advantage of it as every other driver on the grid would do. I think it is good for the sport as she is just about the only driver if not the only driver in something without fenders in the US that you have a 50/50 chance of the average person picking out of a 1 person lineup.

ALso, she is not a bad driver....Actually, she has been the best one in a Panoz this year, which is really not the car to have. At Indy, she stayed in the top 10 and 5 for much of the day when everyone else in the same car were a lap down.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 12:53 PM

She's hot,but i'd prefer Ashley Force (drag racer,before anyone asks!!!)
I missed the race,but i can imagine the danica stories.Give the girl a break though,she did fantastic last years race,so there were bound to be expectations.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 06:10 PM

I hope she wins while she's still young. Don't they dump some big container of liquid over the winner...?

...i'm ashamed I just wrote that...
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid
I dont think theres a thing on this planet that makes coldplay look interesting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode