Delivery Problems - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Delivery Problems

Has anyone else waited in all day to receive a parcel only to find out at 5pm that it's not coming even though you were promised. I paid 25 to have a saturday delivery from GAK and at 12 o'clock rang to find out what the problem was because it hadn't arrived only to be told it wouldn't be coming.
How frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 07:45 AM

Re: Delivery Problems

I hate couriers fullstop !
they can ballbag as much as they like and when you complain they point you towards their terms and condition which basically say - if we dont fancy delivering it - tough sh1t.
they are useful but....
when you have 3 custom guitar necks go missing in Italy, if fails to be funny at all
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 07:48 AM

Oh Yeah, I have had that problem. Once I had to take a day off from work to wait for it and by about 4 nothing had come. So I called the delivery company and gave them the tracking info and they said no shipment was in their system with that info.
So I called the company I bought it from and they contacted the shipping company for me. Then I get a call about 2 hours later telling me that they tried to deliver it and no one was home.
After explaining that I was home all day and that previously they could not find the shipment, they let me come pick it up at the warehouse and get a full refund.
I hate not having control of something like that.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johliatay View Post
Then I get a call about 2 hours later telling me that they tried to deliver it and no one was home.
I hate it when they say that, it's a blatant lie. On 2 separate occasions that's happened to me, waited in all day and no one turns up, and then you contact them and they say they have tried but no one was home. You explain you've been in all day, and all the person on the phone says "My system says we've tried to deliver it, so I can't help you." So, not only have they not provided the service they said they would, they've lied to your face too.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 08:13 AM

If you're concerned about the additional cost of service that you did not receive, you're entitled to a refund. Call them.

Tags
custom guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode