Dell Financial (falls over) - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Red face Dell Financial (falls over)

Hey folks, I got this Dell XPS410 back in April of 07 for $ 1,493.00. They gave it to me on a credit basis with 18 month interest free payments (which I thought was a pretty good deal)

I really haven't been very satisfied with the Dell Finacial Dept and or especially the help desk. I know absolutely NOTHING about computers and I can run circles around 3/4 of the dorks they have trying to help the folks with problems

Reason for disatisfaction regarding the help desk - stated above!

Reason for disatisfaction regarding the Dell Financial Dept:

1.) $ 10.00 surcharge for paying by phone
2.) None of them speak clear English (which is a real PIA to me)
3.) You don't receive the paper (hard copy) bill in the mail until approx 7 to 9 days before it is due and it says right on the bill to send the payment in at least 10 days before due date to avoid late charges
4.) There is a $ 40.00 late fee, even if the payment is less than 24 hours late - Looks like a late charge scam to me (this is the point of this thread)

I've had a crazy schedule as of late and my payment of $ 46.10 was due on Jan 13th. I had spaced the mailing of the payment and was going to phone it in + I had an unexpected call into work and I missed the payment. (my bad, I know)

I called first thing in the morning on the 14th to pay the bill by phone. Immediately the very rude, broken English speaking tele-gal shouted out my payment is late and that I was going to be charged $ 40.00 late fee + $ 10.00 phone fee, so my total due was going to be $ 96.10 for the month!!! More than twice the payment due Needless to say I was extremely PO'ed!!! I have never had a late payment and this was less that 24 hours late.

I asked if they could work with me and waive the late chagre because of the fact it was less than 24 hours late and the fact that I have been a perfect always on time paying customer. She yelled some jiberish I didn't understand and then asked me if I understood WHY why the late charge was being assessed?? Latea is Latea...no breaks!! Please!!

I was soo pissed off I hung up in her ear and threw my phone! (thankfully it landed on the couch:O)) I was ready to pack it all up and send it back!

Today I get a call from Dell Financial. Apparently QC was listening in on the call and this lady actually spoke English. She said they were sorry for the trouble and that since I was an always on time customer to this point, that they would waive the late charge I damn near fell over, lol.

Maybe there is hope for them yet! (the financial dept, not the help desk, lol)

BTW - just a note on the PC. It's worked very well and is very fast. I actually like the Vista (once I got used to it) and it makes quite a few functions less difficult. The ONLY problems I've had is with the scanner/printer functions working properly, but the bugs seem to have been worked out.

Dell gets only about half a thumb up from me so far, but that beats a thumbs down anyday ;o)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 10:02 PM

Re: Dell Financial (falls over)

Thats either the worlds largest monitor, keyboard, mouse and printer or the worlds smallest desk. Glad it worked out for you this time. I know it drives me crazy when you have to call one of these places to dispute a bill or something, your allready worked up, then you have to deal with someone who you can't understand. Makes things worse. chef21
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef21 View Post
Thats either the worlds largest monitor, keyboard, mouse and printer
You forgot the most important item...........the Beer How dare you
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 10:27 PM

Reviews: 18

next time you got a problem, email me Jim, the first one is on me

Jimmy
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 10:32 PM

He didn't forget the beer, there is no beer in that picture. I see a can of something, but I cant imagine anyone would mistake that for a beer.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 10:34 PM

Probably the help desk and the financial desk are outsourced! Gotta love it! Sorry to hear all that.... build one yourself next round. It's not too hard, plus it's kinda fun.

Hey... no more late payments either!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Banned

150 Private Messages?!?!?! Dude!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
He didn't forget the beer, there is no beer in that picture. I see a can of something, but I cant imagine anyone would mistake that for a beer.
Now you sound like all my friends around here. Why does everyone keep saying that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55 View Post
Probably the help desk and the financial desk are outsourced!

Yup - Philippines~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
150 Private Messages?!?!?! Dude!
Lol.....the things people notice I guess I wont take a pic of the 232 I currently have In my defense, not that I have to defend my self, 3/4 of those PM's are answering various questions (anything from guitar / music to board related incl complaints) from members or regarding purchase, trade & shipment of guitars/parts.

So there!! And thanks for getting me in trouble for taking up space, lol!! time to do some deleting
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 02:55 AM

Reviews: 120

I hear ya mate, Dell financial are a useless bunch of twats!

We got a laptop a few years back on a payment plan like yours. Never had a problem with paying it off. The missus got a new credit card so needed to contact them to update her card details to the new one. Spent I think three weeks trying to get through to them, and a number of times just trying to get them to update it. One person actually tried to accuse her of trying to avoid payment because she said "if you wont let me update my credit card details I wont be able to pay for the computer!"

After sales service at Dell is definitely lacking.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 04:02 AM

Reviews: 25

Umm DELL sucks dogs balls.

I can't tell you how much money I save building my own computers, and how much better performance I get for my money...
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 10:04 AM

Man toshiba is the same way, everytime ive called for my wifes laptop, i get someone who doesnt speak english, last time i had to ask for someone who spoke better english ( i was hung up on only to be called back 5 mins later be someone who spoke better english ) its like geeze cant we get someone who speaks english>?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 12:09 PM

I had this problem recently with a GPS unit I bought. I keep getting tech support people I can barley understand, reading me instructions on how to reset the unit. paying no attention to the fact I told them the last 3 people read me the same thing and it didn't work. I gave up...so yeah I feel your frustration Jim...hang on while I throw my phone.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
+1

Please don't tell me Jim has sunk to swilling Natural Light.

BLECCHHH!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
Hey folks, I got this Dell XPS410 back in April of 07 for $ 1,493.00. They gave it to me on a credit basis with 18 month interest free payments (which I thought was a pretty good deal)

I really haven't been very satisfied with the Dell Finacial Dept and or especially the help desk. I know absolutely NOTHING about computers and I can run circles around 3/4 of the dorks they have trying to help the folks with problems

Reason for disatisfaction regarding the help desk - stated above!

Reason for disatisfaction regarding the Dell Financial Dept:

1.) $ 10.00 surcharge for paying by phone
2.) None of them speak clear English (which is a real PIA to me)
3.) You don't receive the paper (hard copy) bill in the mail until approx 7 to 9 days before it is due and it says right on the bill to send the payment in at least 10 days before due date to avoid late charges
4.) There is a $ 40.00 late fee, even if the payment is less than 24 hours late - Looks like a late charge scam to me (this is the point of this thread)

I've had a crazy schedule as of late and my payment of $ 46.10 was due on Jan 13th. I had spaced the mailing of the payment and was going to phone it in + I had an unexpected call into work and I missed the payment. (my bad, I know)

I called first thing in the morning on the 14th to pay the bill by phone. Immediately the very rude, broken English speaking tele-gal shouted out my payment is late and that I was going to be charged $ 40.00 late fee + $ 10.00 phone fee, so my total due was going to be $ 96.10 for the month!!! More than twice the payment due Needless to say I was extremely PO'ed!!! I have never had a late payment and this was less that 24 hours late.

I asked if they could work with me and waive the late chagre because of the fact it was less than 24 hours late and the fact that I have been a perfect always on time paying customer. She yelled some jiberish I didn't understand and then asked me if I understood WHY why the late charge was being assessed?? Latea is Latea...no breaks!! Please!!

I was soo pissed off I hung up in her ear and threw my phone! (thankfully it landed on the couch:O)) I was ready to pack it all up and send it back!

Today I get a call from Dell Financial. Apparently QC was listening in on the call and this lady actually spoke English. She said they were sorry for the trouble and that since I was an always on time customer to this point, that they would waive the late charge I damn near fell over, lol.

Maybe there is hope for them yet! (the financial dept, not the help desk, lol)

BTW - just a note on the PC. It's worked very well and is very fast. I actually like the Vista (once I got used to it) and it makes quite a few functions less difficult. The ONLY problems I've had is with the scanner/printer functions working properly, but the bugs seem to have been worked out.

Dell gets only about half a thumb up from me so far, but that beats a thumbs down anyday ;o)
My wife did the same thing for a laptop from Dell....The WORST purchase EVER IMO. Like you said, customer service either isn't there or speaks a different language. Watch your interest rate if they "accidently" forget to process your payment before going late! It will boom up to over 29%. They did that to us. So I promptly paid it off, and wrote a nice but nasty letter to dell about outsourcing and how they do business as a whole. Not much you can do at this point since you bought the thing. I know I'll never get near a DELL again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode