Dentistry!!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Dentistry!!!

OK Guys, I have a problem with a tooth. A few days ago, I chipped a tooth (I think on a kernal in some popcorn at the movies, but can't guarantee that) it's no 7 (how typical ) on my upper left, basically I took a cusp of it.

There was no pain involved, I just was cleaning my teeth the next morning and spat out a 2mm square of enamel. No pain, but I knew that I had to get it seen to.

So I trek to the dentist, who promptly says there's a little decay there so he'll drill it clean, fill it and repair it at the same time. (first filling in years so I'm not too ashamed)

The repair seemed to go ok, but now the local has warn off I get a SEARING pain when I bite on that tooth. That's 3 days ago now. I thought it should have calmed down by now.

I will get another appointment, asap, but what the F*** has the chap done at my pearly white!?!?!?

Any dentists in the house?

Cheers in advance
jono is online  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 03:42 PM

Re: Dentistry!!!

Ouch...man I hope it feels better soon, seems like tooth pain is the worst!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 03:55 PM

I was born in 1973,

around 1978 I was diagnosed with a disease called hypoenamelosis or some crap like that, its basically my teeth have little to no enamel on them. So cracking, chipping, rotting, breaking etc have been a part of my routing life.

Now I am 33 years old and my teeth are beyond shot, there terrible looking and have been a huge embaressment to me all my life, like people thinking I dont take care of them when I do probably more than the average person.

ANYWAYS

I have begun this week whats going to be a long and very expensive($12,000 US Dollars) reconstruction. I had 4 Root Canals done on Monday and I will be having posts, crowns, caps, and a partial on the bottom, the top will all be extracted and a plate made.

So I feel your pain.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks for the sympathy guys, and ibanez collector - I suddenly feel like an even bigger wuss LMAO. Perspective is a fantastic thing

All the best with your work. I'm sure it'll be worth it
jono is online  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 04:17 PM
site founder 0% owner

call the dentist ASAP. you could have an infection, root decay or other things. think of it this way... if the tooth was 100% healthy it probaby wouldn't have cracked in the first place. good luck... glen
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
ibanez collector - I suddenly feel like an even bigger wuss LMAO. Perspective is a fantastic thing

All the best with your work. I'm sure it'll be worth it
No need to feel like a wuss, tooth pain is the worst.. Its non stop, its relentless, and it wont give up.. And trying to sleep while its happening is even worse.

Will mine be worth it? to me mentally no, but physically yes, I will be able to talk to someone with feeling ashamed or like there thinking im a pig.

Its not my choice to have teeth like this, but when the new ones are done and in im sure my attitude on life will be lifted quite a bit..

Good luck with yours, and appreciate the good teeth you were given..

I would personally call the dentist and ask what the problem is, you can call him now most dentists will have emergency calls, and will actually answer them

Brett
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 04:33 PM

Smile Re: Dentistry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
I was born in 1973,

around 1978 I was diagnosed with a disease called hypoenamelosis or some crap like that, its basically my teeth have little to no enamel on them. So cracking, chipping, rotting, breaking etc have been a part of my routing life.

Now I am 33 years old and my teeth are beyond shot, there terrible looking and have been a huge embaressment to me all my life, like people thinking I dont take care of them when I do probably more than the average person.

ANYWAYS

I have begun this week whats going to be a long and very expensive($12,000 US Dollars) reconstruction. I had 4 Root Canals done on Monday and I will be having posts, crowns, caps, and a partial on the bottom, the top will all be extracted and a plate made.

So I feel your pain.
I know how it feels to be sorta like.. "ashamed" of your teeth..
Whenever I used to smile, I'd cover 'em up..
I'd even cover them up when I laughed..

But even before I braces, I got over it..
I hope that all of your surgery/MONEY pays off (no pun intended) in the end!!

Rock on!

~ Katrina
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 05:41 PM

IC, post a pic after the deal is done, I am interested to see how that comes out. You might end up like one of those extreme makeover dudes with this perfect million dollar smile eh?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk420 View Post
IC, post a pic after the deal is done, I am interested to see how that comes out. You might end up like one of those extreme makeover dudes with this perfect million dollar smile eh?
That would be SO awesome!

Can't wait to see how it works out!!

~ katrina
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 07:17 PM

Reviews: 2

My wife works as a dental assisstant she she said .

1. find a new dentist
2. could need a root canal 2mm is a huge piece of tooth
3. could also be that the filling was to big and when you bite down it will cause pain.
4. FIND A NEW DENTIST!!!!!!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 07:58 AM

drugs are good m'kay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode