"Do Not Connect" - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

"Do Not Connect"

That is the message I see on the back of a beer counter. There's network cable connected to it but right above what seems to be a type of midi port it says "Do Not Connect". So I must ask. Why the hell is it there? There's one on the other side so did they do it for symmetry? Symmetry on a product that's supposed to remain hidden from view all the time?

If you notice weird things like this, by all means post em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 07:30 AM

Re: "Do Not Connect"

Is this like one of those, "Do not turn upside down" written on the BOTTOM of cake-box type things?

Or what about on a packed of nuts "This product may contain nuts" O F'N RLY?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Lol. Yeah. Those are the painfully obvious ones. Speaking of cake. How about Mickey Mouse with shades on holding a rifle and saying "Im your assassin"?
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 10:38 AM

if 24 hr stores are open 24 hrs a day and 365 days a year why have locks on the doors?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.WizardNeck
Lol. Yeah. Those are the painfully obvious ones. Speaking of cake. How about Mickey Mouse with shades on holding a rifle and saying "Im your assassin"?

That'd drive me f**king Goofy.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 06:51 PM

OK, call me stupid but what is a beer counter and why does it have a cables attached?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 07:19 PM

If you eat pasta and anti-pasta will you still be hungry?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 01:04 AM

A beer counter is a guy who counts beers. I dunno why he has sockets for cables in his back. But the sign (tattoo?) is probably there because he doesn't like people messing with him. I mean, you want people plugging a cable in your back? Heck no... do not connect.

(Beer count is at 5... hence the surrealism of this post.)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrous Lepidoptera
A beer counter is a guy who counts beers. I dunno why he has sockets for cables in his back. But the sign (tattoo?) is probably there because he doesn't like people messing with him. I mean, you want people plugging a cable in your back? Heck no... do not connect.

LOL
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrous Lepidoptera

Thats funny

I'm definetly not a beer COUNTER! I drink without counting so that way I don't realize that I killed two 30 packs today
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 02:16 AM

My wife is a beer counter. She's one of the earlier models without a URL port. Come to think of it, I don't think she has a serial or parallel port either. She tends to rely on her womanly super powers to determine when I've had enough. Whenever were at the pub, a party or wedding reception, she gives me the old "make this one your last beer" cue a few minutes before she's ready to leave. I usually make the last one strech into 3 more. She counts them as my friends set me up with a fresh glass before I finish the one I'm working on. She always gives me the final BAIRTL (Beers After I'm Ready To Leave) stats, but never gets mad while she's driving my drunken self home.

She's been putting up with my crap for 23 years. On 6/21/06, we celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.

~Scott

Last edited by ScottB; 07-02-2006 at 02:27 AM.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamJem7
My wife is a beer counter. She's one of the earlier models without a URL port. Come to think of it, I don't think she has a serial or parallel port either. She tends to rely on her womanly super powers to determine when I've had enough. Whenever were at the pub, a party or wedding reception, she gives me the old "make this one your last beer" cue a few minutes before she's ready to leave. I usually make the last one strech into 3 more. She counts them as my friends set me up with a fresh glass before I finish the one I'm working on. She always gives me the final BAIRTL (Beers After I'm Ready To Leave) stats, but never gets mad while she's driving my drunken self home.

She's been putting up with my crap for 23 years. On 6/21/06, we celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.

~Scott
Man, I bet you were crapping yourself during Y2K.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 10:59 AM
HSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamJem7

~Scott
Congrats, I'm on 17 years with my designated driver! As fr as the thread, braille on a drive-up ATM machine boggles my mind.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Its a little box that counts how much beer has been taken out of each of the kegs and their lines.

What a crazy arsed thread we have come up with.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 11:42 AM

why did kamikazee pilots wear helmets?

and one of my favorites is when companys put new and improved on a product.. IF ITS NEW IT CANT BE IMPROVED YET

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode