Do you see racism? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Do you see racism?

Listening to talk radio recently. You hear terms like "race card", "racism" etc. But I just don't see it. I think the last time I saw a guy that really seemed like he might be was 8 or so years ago. I think for the most part, people are color blind. I see mixed relationships all the time, and they don't seem to be getting grief for it like they would have years ago.

So what do you think? I think, in this country anyway, that people really haved moved on from small minded racism. And its a good thing. I just hate that we keep hearing about it being alive and well. Am I alone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 09:28 PM

Re: Do you see racism?

Yes, I still do see people being racist to one another, subconsciously.
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:01 PM

Reviews: 12

I see stars...

I.C.U.

I see dead people...

Icy roads...

I see this thread not lasting too long...
post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I just don't get it. To what end? I think it has to be taught to kids. I don't think kids are naturally biased against another race unless they are taught. I think since it'll also fade exponentially with each generation. At least that would be nice. It seems to be kept alive by those that would have us believe there is still some huge devide. I just don't think there is. Perhaps it's living in a kinda rural area that its not evident. I've certainly not seen any racism around the forum.
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:57 PM

Yep, my wife is Mexican and we see it pretty frequently. In fact everyone in my family switched tax guys because the one we were using (my step dad used the guy for 20+ years) did everything short of call my wife a dirty spic. It's alive and well Darin, dont let your friend Rush tell you different. Maybe not as prevelant or in your face as in the past, but it's there.
post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Threads like get closed when people make it a big ugly confrontation. No need for all that. I'm just wondering if you see racism as much as we are told it exist by the media. If there's a debate to be had. It's not a racial one, but a media one.
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Banned

fyi, I'm no big fan of Rush, or Sean. I am a Glenn Beck and Michael Savage guy though. I guess its the whole political race going on where I hear the term "racism" more than usual. Just got me to wondering if its still really out there.
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 11:03 PM

It will always exsist until everyone is the same color. Then it will be sized base till everone is the same size. Then it will be something else and so on and so on. People fear what they don't understand. I say we all screw everyone from every race till we are all the same color. It is a start.

I give this thread 15 more post before it is closed.
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 11:06 PM

No big confrontation, Im just telling you from personal experience it's real. On the other hand I work with a black guy and I've seen him look for an excuse to pull the race card. He was told not to use aonther tradesman's microwave on the job site, so he came up to me and a few other white guys and asked us to try to use the microwave. It turned out the guy just didnt like electricians.

Is every white cop that beats a black a racial thing, no. I think there is more soft racism now, but being with me wife I see alot of it. One woman actually couldnt believe that had I not married my wife she would actually consider marrying a Mexican man.
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
It will always exsist until everyone is the same color. Then it will be sized base till everone is the same size. Then it will be something else and so on and so on. People fear what they don't understand. I say we all screw everyone from every race till we are all the same color. It is a start.

I give this thread 15 more post before it is closed.
Maybe just here, My wife said growing up in Mexico she heard about racism but never really saw it until she moved here.
post #11 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
fyi, I'm no big fan of Rush, or Sean. I am a Glenn Beck and Michael Savage guy though. I guess its the whole political race going on where I hear the term "racism" more than usual. Just got me to wondering if its still really out there.
Really? Glenn Beck? That guys almost as bad as that sock sniffer O'Reilly. Never checked out Savagte though.
post #12 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Just for reference. How long have you actually listened to Beck?
post #13 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I don't know diddly about O riely
post #14 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Maybe just here, My wife said growing up in Mexico she heard about racism but never really saw it until she moved here.
We have it in such abundance here due to the such mix of cultures, colors, and backgrounds. Like I said alot of people fear what they don't understand and racism is just fear.
post #15 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
Just for reference. How long have you actually listened to Beck?
Yep, I wouldnt be able to think he was a tool unless I've watched his show many times. Believe it or not I listen to alot of Conservative talk radio. I dont agree with a lot of it but I listen.
Closed Thread

Tags
guitar players , neck inlay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Ibanez JEM7VBL

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode